closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Beta 21 Cal 1300 quick set date

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Omega Beta 21 Cal 1300 quick set date

Ive had this watch for a few years now and on odd months and battery changes (a yearly event) I adjust the date manually, which is tricky as I have fat fingers and because of the sloped case the crown is difficult to grasp, well for me anyway.

When I bought the watch I was told it had a quickset date but was very fragile and fiddly (known issue not my watch) so have never used it.

Now the question is How do you use the quickset on the Cal 3100 and any real world experience of doing so?

The watch in question

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Lovely watch ! Can’t help you on the date setting though.

I think you have to push in the crown and turn it but don't do that based on my flakey memory, hopefully someone who knows better will be along soon.

What I do remember is when I had it all serviced by Simon Freese at STS he replaced the date window with a brand new one. They're made of plastic with relatively flimsy teeth but from memory have a metal wheel that moves the wheel, and it can quickly wear away the plastic teeth if it's not done correctly. After it was serviced/restored I only set the date by moving the hands and never using the quick set.
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Simon, that all seems to ring a bell.

Did I buy it from you? My memory beyond last week is not all it was. Lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I think you have to push in the crown and turn it but don't do that based on my flakey memory, hopefully someone who knows better will be along soon.

What I do remember is when I had it all serviced by Simon Freese at STS he replaced the date window with a brand new one. They're made of plastic with relatively flimsy teeth but from memory have a metal wheel that moves the wheel, and it can quickly wear away the plastic teeth if it's not done correctly. After it was serviced/restored I only set the date by moving the hands and never using the quick set.
    Cheers,

Ben

I think your memory is OK. See this link for:

Craftsman
    There is also a cautionary tale here

https://forums.timezone.com/index.ph...0&rev=&reveal=

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Thanks Simon, that all seems to ring a bell.

Did I buy it from you? My memory beyond last week is not all it was. Lol .
    Yes, you did, and we agreed if you kept it until at least the summer of 2020 you'd pay me an extra £2,000. I'm surprised you don't remember!
    "A man of little significance"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    @Pickleb @spcemaster

Thanks for the links and extra info
    Cheers,

Ben

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you did, and we agreed if you kept it until at least the summer of 2020 you'd pay me an extra £2,000. I'm surprised you don't remember!
    ah I remember that Simon.

Now where did I put those magic beans?
    Cheers,

Ben