closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus car thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    With £26k, I would give serious consideration to an NA Evora.

Unless you plan on being on track every weekend, the Evora is a far more composed car than an Elise or Exige. It is far more useable for 90% of the time and far more comfortable for the other 10%.
    Slow though!

Quote Originally Posted by tomp View Post
    Is it now for sale through Jon Seal? Saw he had a red 2-11 for sale recently.
    I'm not sure, I sold it about 5 years ago and the new owner kept it for about a year to. Mine was RX08 prefix.

The Elise/Exige NA/Evora, I'd go S2 Exige all day long. You've got the benefit of unbolting the roof and if you really wanted can have a soft top conversion which is just a case of cutting 2 holes and buying the conversion kit and a roof (£1200 from Lotus or less on eBay)

While the Evora is a great car, it's something you could drive every day, the Exige is much more of a raw weekend toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Slow though!
    Hardly slow. A well driven NA Evora will easily keep up with an S on the roads. The power to weight is surprisingly similar (not having to lug around 70kg of SC).

Hardly slow. A well driven NA Evora will easily keep up with an S on the roads. The power to weight is surprisingly similar (not having to lug around 70kg of SC).
    Having driven both I found the S far more interesting!

Does the Evora have a more forgiving nature at the limit?

Not to mention the new cars with the SC mount it really high up. If driving dynamics etc are what you want then the older cars have a 'better' configuration. Better obviously being subjective. Any/all are going to be more involving than most normal sports cars.

Go and have a go. I know the Lotus dealer at Silverstone used to do test drives as I imagine other places will do. If it isn't your main car and you don't need more than two seats then you've got the whole range to choose from. I imagine they will all give you a special feeling when you drive them. I think I'd go S2 exige myself if I didn't already have the vx220.

Had this when they were very new out

The only car I've ever bought with my own money (had a few new company cars). It was fabulous when working but I had so many problems Lotus gave me a new car after a year. That one ran faultlessly for a couple of years before I sold it.

Currently own this Sport 380

Picking this Sport 410 up on Friday

Last edited by andy tims; 1st July 2020 at 13:33.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Sadly never owned a Lotus but spend a few weekends on runs and at track days with a chap known as Tut, anyone else come across him?

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Have you thought about a VX220 normal or turbo?
    If yes, seek help.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Sadly never owned a Lotus but spend a few weekends on runs and at track days with a chap known as Tut, anyone else come across him?
    The barefoot ledgend.

Master

It’s an Evora S with a few, er, improvements: engine/exhaust, brakes, suspension, rear deck lid etc.

Now puts out 426fhp & 330lbft.
    Did you happen to buy this recently from Pistonheads?
    I was looking at a very similar spec one, but not quite ready to buy just yet.

Nope. I’ve had my S for about 7 years now and all of the upgrades have been mine.

But I’m pretty sure I know the car that you’re talking about though. That one has the larger, GT4 rear spoiler. It is also a seriously quick, sorted car. If you’re serious about buying it, the seller is keen to sell. There is quite a long thread about it over on TLF.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    The barefoot ledgend.
    I knew someone would come up with that, saw him once raceboots on once, 20 minutes lasted during a weekend event overnighted in Ullapool, sat beside him many time around Knockhill, his exploits almost persuaded the wife we should have a Lotus.

Master
    Nope. I’ve had my S for about 7 years now and all of the upgrades have been mine.

But I’m pretty sure I know the car that you’re talking about though. That one has the larger, GT4 rear spoiler. It is also a seriously quick, sorted car. If you’re serious about buying it, the seller is keen to sell. There is quite a long thread about it over on TLF.
    Thanks, Yes you're right that's the one.
    I'm a bit away from it just now, but it'll happen in the not too distant future.
    I've been interested in the Evora since it was first announced, but its been a serious itch for the last year or two.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    The barefoot ledgend.
    Good guy and sadly missed - raced with him for years. He was quick in his S1 Elise , only Walshy drove me quicker ( though Tut would have said othewise )

Last edited by stiglet; 1st July 2020 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    If yes, seek help.
    Why? It’s like an Elise but better, the NA has a more reliable engine than the equivalent k-series and the Turbo is still a quick car by today’s standards.

It’s certainly not as pretty as an S1 Elise though.

Once when I was in the Elan I had a ‘spirited drive’ (within speed limits, obvs) down the Snake Pass vs a VX220. I was impressed by how well the Elan coped.

I can only presume it wasn’t a VX220 turbo!

Master
    Think I’m going for an S3 club racer, 1.6. Not the most BHP but that’s not always the point is it? Got a really nice one lined up, just a little bit of haggling to do.

It’s a second car, but will get used as much as possible, probably never on a track though.

Thanks for all the input.

Master
    Purchase made, hopefully collecting next week

Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Purchase made, hopefully collecting next week

Yellow and black is a favourite Lotus colour combo of mine. Very nice, Indeed.

Master
    Thank you, I’ve not been this excited since I got my first racer for Christmas when I was 11

Master
    Fantastic, Enjoy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Good guy and sadly missed - raced with him for years. He was quick in his S1 Elise , only Walshy drove me quicker ( though Tut would have said othewise )

That looks like the car held together with stickers.
    I remember being out on Honda club run when our group with Tut leading was being held up on a single track road by a "chap" who thought 40 was more than fast enough, Tut blocked him in a passing place till we all got by, He remarked to chap as he left "you're a twat and your wifes ugly!" my wife who was in the pax seat laughed for days every time she thought about. He had stories to keep you entertained for hours.

Congrats on the purchase, yellow is a great classic colour , enjoy it when you get to pick it up

Great choice of car and colour, enjoy