closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I've been doing the Newbury Velo TTs on Zwift during the lockdown. Definitely type 2 fun!

Hoping to have a go at "real" one, I don't have any proper TT kit so it will just be a challenge for myself.
    That's the beauty of a time trial. It's effectively a race against yourself. Once you've got your first result you have something to beat next time.

after teaching my son to ride a bike last week I’ve started thinking I should get back in the saddle so one day we can go out on longer rides together as he gets older, that being said I know squat about bikes and the options available are mind boggling so I thought I would turn to the more experienced cyclists on here.

At this stage I know I want a drop bar bike with the ability to handle the road and maybe a cycle around the odd park or Forrest road, and preferably a 105 group set.

Budget is around £700/800 for the bike.

One bike that I think might work is the following

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/edr-af-e...d_8529300.html

They have other bikes but this seems to offer the best all round spec as well the ability to add 28mm tyres.

Any suggests welcome.

Thanks
    Jay.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    after teaching my son to ride a bike last week I’ve started thinking I should get back in the saddle so one day we can go out on longer rides together as he gets older, that being said I know squat about bikes and the options available are mind boggling so I thought I would turn to the more experienced cyclists on here.

At this stage I know I want a drop bar bike with the ability to handle the road and maybe a cycle around the odd park or Forrest road, and preferably a 105 group set.

Budget is around £700/800 for the bike.

They have other bikes but this seems to offer the best all round spec as well the ability to add 28mm tyres.

Any suggests welcome.

Thanks
    Jay.
    I'd be looking at gravel bikes

Master
    Blog Entries
    UCI masters worlds ... vanity trip for middle aged cyclists.

My Canyon in bikepacking set up

Last edited by Montello; 27th June 2020 at 19:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I'd be looking at gravel bikes
    A recent quote in Cycling Plus said “Gravel bikes will drive innovation over the next 2/3 years” so as Trident says look at them.

I recon my gravel bike has done over 5000 miles In three years . I use it all winter With mudguards. During summer (/still with mudguards) I ride all the small pot holed local lanes with my wife. The gear selection on a gravel bike is so versatile, the emphasis is getting you up hills without knackering yourself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post

Any suggests welcome.

Thanks
    Jay.
    Pretty much all Decathlon bikes are good value. That bike is road oriented, but should handle the odd bit of rougher stuff - as mentioned, you might want to consider a gravel or cross bike though.

Bear in mind that all bikes are in short supply currently.

Pete

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    Pretty much all Decathlon bikes are good value. That bike is road oriented, but should handle the odd bit of rougher stuff - as mentioned, you might want to consider a gravel or cross bike though.

Bear in mind that all bikes are in short supply currently.

Pete
    That Dolan on SC here seems good value

Planet X do some fine bikes at good prices