Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
5 days is a reasonable period for a transaction to be completed.

It’s not like this is the only watch that they are selling and have to wait 5 days for an answer...

Who knows though...
It's a perfectly reasonable timescale normally, but if you're offered an opportunity to buy a specific watch from stock, failing which it'll be offered to the next person on the list, it's way too long to pass the opportunity down the line. Which leads me to think it's not a watch from stock which is being offered. That, and the fact that elsewhere I've seen it quoted that you can collect within 30 days of the store reopening; that's plenty of time for a delivery from Switzerland.

If it's not existing stock then there's absolutely no way you have any claim on a physical watch if WoS were to become insolvent. Together with the uncertainty over s75 protection (and it's not clear-cut, no matter how much people want it to be - this isn't WoS's usual payment processor, as far as I'm aware) anyone paying 50-100% of the price is taking a risk with their money. I'm not suggesting that WoS are insolvent, but this isn't over yet and no company is immune from cashflow difficulties.