closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A sporty watch for my missus

A sporty watch for my missus

I purchased this Citizen Eco-Drive for my wife an absolute age ago...

Its a (now obsolete) EW3130-55A. As you can tell, its been well loved and very well used/abused. Unfortunately it no longer charges up properly and doesn't keep time reliably.

Is it feasible to replace the capacitor in these things? If so, does anyone know how to go about going this and choosing the right replacement part?

I'm also thinking may its time for something new but I'm struggling to find anything smart looking and practical (at least 100m WR). She likes a lighter faced watch with simple baton markers. Some of the Tissot PR100 models are probably the best options I've seen so far. Budget is quite modest - up to £500. Any thoughts?

cheers

David

Master
    Yep, this would be a satisfying repair to do yourself. Simplest thing is to open up the watch and remove the existing capacitor. That way you'll know the exact model no. to order. eBay probably your best bet for sourcing. Typically around the £20 mark.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

My better half has a couple of much loved and well worn Orient Mako's. Fantastic value for money. For the last year she's been wearing a 39mm Steinhart, the blue MOP dial

This has been a brilliant watch, runs +2spd and the quality far surpasses it's price point. Really rate it.

Thanks both. I will have a go at changing the capacitor. May need to invest in a case back tool of some sort too!

Hadn't thought of Steinhart at all. That's a really good recommendation - cheers.

David

Quick update on this one. After a bit of looking around I chose this...

Its a Certina C032.251.11.051.09 DS Action Lady

Towards the top of the budget and way off the mark for a lighter coloured dial but the fantastic texture seems to be making up for that. It's really very nice. Been very well received :)

I'll still have a crack at replacing the capacitor in the old one when I have a moment.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    That Certina looks a winner to me. The movement, though quartz, is an ETA cosc certified.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheers Curtis

And now with the aid of my new cheapy toolkit I have the bracelet sized.

New owner very happy.

Also had the back off the old Citizen. Looks like I need a Panasonic MT621. I suspect it might be a waste of money now though. It's not going to get a look in against the Certina!

David