closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More Hodinkee madness

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    No. It costs far more than the standard 38mm production model.
    Not really... costs about 10% more. That’s what I’d expect for a limited edition to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Not really... costs about 10% more. That’s what I’d expect for a limited edition to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot more than 10% more....

Just submit your workings and I will mark them for you!😀

If it was only 10% I agree that would be ok.

Nice but I could never buy something with fake aged lume. Either it’s old or it’s not.

Master
    A lot more than 10% more....

Just submit your workings and I will mark them for you!

If it was only 10% I agree that would be ok.
    WoS have the 38mm for £7300, that is just over $9,000. Just over $9000 + 10% is about $10,000... Sir

WoS have the 38mm for £7300, that is just over $9,000. Just over $9000 + 10% is about $10,000... Sir
    VAT and import?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    VAT and import?
    I think he forgot that.

Also forgot about the discount you would get on the standard version....

I think he forgot that.

Also forgot about the discount you would get on the standard version....
    I wonder if you can hop over and get the watch from Hodinkee HQ or even better, direct from Switzerland and bring it back into the country by being naughty.....

Actually what annoys me most about this watch is they're making you feel 'special' with the 100 exclusivity, yet the whole experience is purely transactional - place an order and receive in the post. Underwhelming.

Edit - I forgot. Gratification comes from all the IG fawning. Doh!
    Last edited by crazyp; 17th July 2019 at 23:17.

Actually what annoys me most about this watch is they're making you feel 'special' with the 100 exclusivity, yet the whole experience is purely transactional - place an order and receive in the post. Underwhelming.
    Suppose it's better than having to build a relationship to get on a waiting list though.

Master
    I've zero time for the faux aged lume. Its like aged denim new from the store. That said though, it's certainly the best looking FF I've seen!

In my opinion, you're simply choosing to feel that it's something special. You're buying a watch, nothing more, nothing less. If you think it's anything beyond that, then you need to remember you're a customer, nothing more nothing less. They, like an AD, don't care one bit about you beyond the money going through the till.
    Last edited by hafle; 17th July 2019 at 23:19.

Nope. Still not correct.

Let’s try:

Hodinkee version $9,900 at current exchange rate = approx £7,950 (probably more)
    Add VAT and total becomes £9,540.

Standard version £7,300.
    Oh yes what about a discount. I will leave you to check grey market discounts.....

Anyone buying, even from a UK AD will pay somewhat less than £7,300 for the standard version.