closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Powerball gyroscopic exercise gadget

Powerball gyroscopic exercise gadget

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has one of these and would like to comment on how useful they are,
    or do they get put in a drawer never to see light gain.

If you like them do you have any recommendations of which version to get as they seem fairly expensive for what
    they seem to be.
    There are 2 brands powerball and nsd powerball is one better than the other?

I have also noticed some have a display and others are self starting.
    Are these worthwhile features to get from the outset?

thanks for your time

Martin

Straight in the drawer for me I'm afraid. Went to my brother in the end as he likes them.

Craftsman
    I have several including a couple of costly all metal ones that pull like the gravitation of a black hole. They are useful for exercising your forearms and hands, especially if you are recovering from an injury or are looking to build strength and circulation.

Last edited by BadgerUK; 26th October 2018 at 18:43.

Master
    I have one somewhere - used it for a (short) while and the end of the string came off and it doesn't spin up too well so is on a shelf somewhere in the house. I did use it when I'd injured my arm for a bit of rehabilitation and it was good for that, but nothing you couldn't do without any equipment at all.

Journeyman

Powerball

Used my Powerball vortex, after injuring my wrist playing golf on a freezing cold winters day.
    Also use it to strengthen wrist and forearms prior to cricket season

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I have one somewhere - used it for a (short) while and the end of the string came off and it doesn't spin up too well so is on a shelf somewhere in the house. I did use it when I'd injured my arm for a bit of rehabilitation and it was good for that, but nothing you couldn't do without any equipment at all.
    That sounds rather like my experience, although I think that I did get some benefit from using it. I must try to find it again, and give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbed View Post
    Used my Powerball vortex, after injuring my wrist playing golf on a freezing cold winters day.
    Also use it to strengthen wrist and forearms prior to cricket season
    I might buy one for my son, who is working on his fitness over the the next couple of months before pre-season training starts in January. He's a fast bowler, so hopefully he might gain some benefit from it.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    So would you say it is better to get a easy start version rather than a string pull type?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    So would you say it is better to get a easy start version rather than a string pull type?
    From my experience, yes. As the string on mine doesn't really do its job anymore I don't think it'll get used. There's probably a way to fix it but I don't actually know which shelf its on!

Master
    Straight in the drawer for me also. Felt like such a good idea at the time.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the right technique you can start them with a flick of the thumb.

My more muscular son could not get it to spin up as fast as me. Too many lonely nights in earlier life perhaps?

I used one a lot for a while, after the wife bought me one. I couldn't say that it did any more than regular exercise.

That said this last year or so I've been suffering more wrist/tendon pain than ever before, so I might try and find it and have a play to see if it eases any aches at all.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Used one on and off for about 15 years. The same one. String went years ago so soon it up with a thumb. Is almost useable now due to wear and/or ingress of dirt, dust etc
    Recommended