closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2018 Rolex Pepsi 1st Delivery

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    There’s a YouTube video on how disappointing the colour of the blue and red is....

https://youtu.be/La4monaCQ54

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is pink and purple but it shouldn't be much of a surprise as that is exactly what the white gold version looks like. If you want red and blue you have to go for the pre ceramic version.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    And Davidsw sold one for £16,000!! Nearly £10k over rrp!
    It’s a bit crazy, you could almost get a white gold one for that money! Having said that, it’s the same with the Daytona so nothing new.

I’m glad I’m not in the market for one and happy with a 16710 which can be Pepsi, coke or black with either jubilee or oyster depending on how I’m feeling.

However, should an AD phone me with one in stock (unlikely as I’m on no lists), I’d be happy to buy it, sell it to a grey for £11600 and buy a new explorer with the profit!

Craftsman
    Someone has just posted they are picking theirs up tomorrow from the UK.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    the watch posted by David on TRF was never for sale in the real world - it was pre sold and just put on the forum to judge values

BUT from sources i gather that said watch was 'flipped' by a purchaser - can give no more details, but i think it was sourced in Italy hence why stickers are still in place?

the US market is simply stupid - a country that places material possessions above anything else - i feel sorry for them - in the UK we have 'class' meaning taste not in relation to your financial status

all sorts of crap about AD's being forced to buy not in demand watches - a lie talking to my AD friend in Florida

AD's put in a monthly request for watches - they are NEVER forced to take any watch - BUT there are financial incentives to sell less in demand watches

Rolex is no longer in the realm of watch lovers - blame twatter/faceache who now have made new Rolex watches the must have fashion accessories - particularly in the Far East/Middle East they are a sign of status which frankly is turning me off the brand

i collect my new LVC from my AD next week - it will be my last Rolex purchase
    Last edited by nick h; 31st May 2018 at 12:33.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Someone has just posted they are picking theirs up tomorrow from the UK.

I am picking mine up tomorrow.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    Nice one.

If last years seadweller was anything to go by I may be lucky and get a call in August.

Please post a few wrist pics when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nick h View Post
    i collect my new LVC from my AD next week - it will be my last Rolex purchase
    ....... until the next time maybe! :)

Craftsman
    Well done, it's better to have one now than wait forever.

Craftsman
    I've got no skin in the game and am not a massive Rolex fan boy but just not sure about some of these things you said...

the watch posted by David on TRF was never for sale in the real world - it was pre sold and just put on the forum to judge values
    Not quite sure I follow what you mean by 'for sale in the real world'? Also surprised that this was priced as low as it was. Pretty sure the very first LN Daytonas were selling for 20k plus.

the US market is simply stupid - a country that places material possessions above anything else - i feel sorry for them - in the UK we have 'class' meaning taste not in relation to your financial status
    Also pretty sure that DavidSW is not solely selling watches to the US market. And the class concept in the UK set sail along time ago (for a significant proportion of the population anyhow).

all sorts of crap about AD's being forced to buy not in demand watches - a lie talking to my AD friend in Florida

AD's put in a monthly request for watches - they are NEVER forced to take any watch - BUT there are financial incentives to sell less in demand watches
    Well I'd be surprised if an AD was only allowed to put in monthly requests just for SS sports watches. Am sure that they have some obligation to take on a de minimis number of dress pieces a year

Rolex is no longer in the realm of watch lovers - blame twatter/faceache who now have made new Rolex watches the must have fashion accessories - particularly in the Far East/Middle East they are a sign of status which frankly is turning me off the brand
    Rolex and most other brands have been status symbols and/or aspirational for years. In terms of real watch lovers, think you'll find that vintage Rolex will always be for the WIS

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    For any fans of the new Bi colour Gmt, nicknamed the Root beer but for myself I think Espresso is more appropriate, Watch cub have just taken one into stock and only £4.5 over RRP, on-site at £14750.

Who fancies throwing away £4K + over RRP on this.

Most likely the same people who are happy to pay £250k over list for a second hand hypercar.

£4K is what some people spend on a nice pair of shoes or a Patek service.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

£4K is what some people spend on a nice pair of shoes or a Patek service.
    Exactly, if you have just scored two goals in the Champions League Final and your take home pay is £400k a week after tax and before the add on bonuses, are you going to get upset about paying a £4K premium to have one now. (I have no proof that Gareth Bale has bought one - just using a well heeled guy as an example).

Surprised that guy in Japan is claiming to be the first guy to get one, when the Daytona and the Skydweller came out Rolex announced that Roger Federer had been given the first ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Exactly, if you have just scored two goals in the Champions League Final and your take home pay is £400k a week after tax and before the add on bonuses, are you going to get upset about paying a £4K premium to have one now. (I have no proof that Gareth Bale has bought one - just using a well heeled guy as an example).

Surprised that guy in Japan is claiming to be the first guy to get one, when the Daytona and the Skydweller came out Rolex announced that Roger Federer had been given the first ones.
    I do agree it’s all relative to your situation.

Craftsman
    I'd almost certainly buy a Daytona and a BLNR, at list - assuming they were available and the grey market (inflated) prices didn't exist. That's 16k of my money Rolex don't/won't have. They simply mustn't need it, or I'd water down their brand or something. Set a price, make them available.

Master

Yeah, this is rubbish, certainly in the UK! AD's have to take a mixture of pieces and if they sell a slow mover, it'll be replaced.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Yeah, this is rubbish, certainly in the UK! AD's have to take a mixture of pieces and if they sell a slow mover, it'll be replaced.
    This is certainly how it’s been explained to me by a few ADs I’ve spoken to. I know it’s only anecdotal but what incentive is there to lie about it? Also rings true when looking at a typical Rolex display window/ stand - a sea of datejusts and similar with only the very odd (relatively low demand) ss sport- last one I looked in had a lonely Milgaus, surrounded by virtually all combinations of datejusts, a few op’s and yacht masters. Only gmt I’ve seen recently was the white gold!

Master
    The impression i’ve got is the more datejusts, bi metals, golds, etc they sell the more SS steel they may be offered. There’s more profit in gold and diamonds for Rolex so it would make sense.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    The impression i’ve got is the more datejusts, bi metals, golds, etc they sell the more SS steel they may be offered. There’s more profit in gold and diamonds for Rolex so it would make sense.
    The old 'bait and switch'! Sorry sir, no 'dwellers, but have you considered this... Erm, that is shiny, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That is the impression that I have.

Craftsman
    Mine has arrived just need to fly back from Rome and then a 130 miles drive to pick it up this afternoon.

Mine has arrived just need to fly back from Rome and then a 130 miles drive to pick it up this afternoon.
    - - - Updated - - -

Congratulations , looks a lovely watch👍

I received an unexpected phone call from my usual AD this morning, deposit paid and collecting tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Going to be interesting to see the rate at which these arrive. Will there be an initial shipment and then it'll cool off, or will Rolex surprise us and actually meet (or at least get closer to) demand on this one?

I find it amusing that I've been waiting for a Sub no date since February, before Basel, and yet here are a whole wave of GMTs arriving so soon. Don't doubt that you guys have great purchase history etc, but it's a strange old system these days.

Master
    Excellent, can you say where from?

I'm looking forward to seeing some real world wrist shots. If you could also post some pictures of you wearing the watch that would be great too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mine has arrived and picking up on Sunday. The supply will be quite good on these so I expect plenty to be around.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    The supply will be quite good on these so I expect plenty to be around.
    I think you may be the first person to utter those words with regards to this watch!

Craftsman
    well at least I got the first WTB in

Craftsman

Happy with mine

Craftsman

Happy with mine
    Very nice, hope more come soon.

Happy with mine
    Congrats

Im Curious what watchfinder will offer you for it !

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Happy with mine
    Congratulations and great to see one in normal light and on the wrist!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Happy with mine
    Great to see some coming through. Congratulations and enjoy wearing it!

I’ll be expecting to get a call from my AD by the end of June then....

....possibly 2019/ 20.....!

Master

I see, perhaps you better tell the buyer it was never for sale...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure why people doubted the sale, Daytona sell for that price even day on the Rolex forum. Some very crazy high end collections there $$$$

In fact a millionaire "former member" on those boards even helped me get my Nautilus

Master

New 2018 Rolex Pepsi 1st Delivery

Should have mine in July. No chance I’ll be flipping it.

Craftsman
    Has anyone here that has the new Pepsi tried an Oyster bracelet?

are they really not interchangeable? What are the differences, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post

Isn't it on a jubilee bracelet to distinguish it from the white gold version. I hope they prevented the bracelets being interchangeable for that very reason.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post

They are not, the case was re designed purely for the jubilee.

New 2018 Rolex Pepsi 1st Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    They are not, the case was re designed purely for the jubilee.

Not really a redesign, more a case of repositioning four holes!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Not really a redesign, more a case of repositioning four holes!
    The lugs look slightly different too. Will try and get a picture this morning of it beside my BLNR which is on a jubilee at the moment.

The lugs look slightly different too. Will try and get a picture this morning of it beside my BLNR which is on a jubilee at the moment.
    That will be the most informative post regarding new Pepsis for sure. I am pretty sure Rolex said you can't fit oyster on the GMT but as was said, all they had to do was move holes..

Happy with mine
    Looks good Johnny. I’m pleased to see that the actual colours in natural light are red and blue. Although I suspect some will still see purple and pink, somehow.

Sorry for me I hate the jubilee. I would rather by one of the last made originals, which will be way rarer in the long run.

Does anyone know how the bezel colours of the new Pepsi compare to the white gold version? I remember trying a white gold Pepsi on at an AD when I enquired about the Batman ages ago. I was very, very underwhelmed by it but I'm sure that had more to do with me thinking that I had £20k on my wrist. That said, I do remember feeling that the colours didn't appear vivid or rich and somewhat 'off' from true red and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
    I think you may be the first person to utter those words with regards to this watch!
    On good authority, the dealer allocations are much higher than expected. WF will be busy soon.

Master

Happy with mine
    It's looks great, can't deny it. Enjoy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Does anyone know how the bezel colours of the new Pepsi compare to the white gold version? I remember trying a white gold Pepsi on at an AD when I enquired about the Batman ages ago. I was very, very underwhelmed by it but I'm sure that had more to do with me thinking that I had £20k on my wrist. That said, I do remember feeling that the colours didn't appear vivid or rich and somewhat 'off' from true red and blue.
    It’s the same as the WG (more purple) it’s when you put the ‘pepsi’ next to the batman you really notice it. But, that’s a matter of opinion whether you like it or not I guess. I found the same as you when I saw the WG (and don’t get me wrong I wasn’t looking to buy but just looking in the window)

I think it’s more ‘Natwest’ Logo than Pepsi but whatever floats your boat.

Master
    It seems then that June 1st was the U.K. launch date. There might not be a definite answer to this but in general is it likely that every AD would get one on the date or would they be spread out? I know long term it would be dependant on sales etc but for a newly launched watch.

I know when I got my white skydweller in January the same week there were half a dozen posts on forums of people getting theirs and at the same time a few appeared for sale on the internet, so it seems Rolex sent out a large batch in one go.

Just picked mine up!

Untitled by Watch Bum, on Flickr

They also had the 2 tone everose model which someone else was taking.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    Just picked mine up!

They also had the 2 tone everose model which someone else was taking.
    Looks well nice, can't wait for this one.