closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by Kallang View Post
    The mystique of the Rose Black Bay Black being a 'future collectible' feels very contrived and I feel like the main point of desirability is not the watch itself but everybody's hope that they can make yet another buck on the back of it.
    ? Why contrived. Well made watch, in much smaller numbers that the other variants is probably one of the few guaranteed future collectibles. Lovely looking watch too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    What was interesting was that they continue to be inundated with people asking for Black Bay, ETA versions - particular the black one - so hang on to those if you’ve got one! Anyway, stay patient and I hope all those who want the (green) one are successful.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by D_redd View Post
    Whoops! I was attempting to ask what the model number is for this older model? Unless someone has a pic to hand they could post? Just interested to see the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by D_redd View Post
    Whoops! I was attempting to ask what the model number is for this older model? Unless someone has a pic to hand they could post? Just interested to see the comparison.

79220N

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    ? Why contrived. Well made watch, in much smaller numbers that the other variants is probably one of the few guaranteed future collectibles. Lovely looking watch too.
    It's really this. I agree it's a good watch but if an AD is inundated with requests for one I feel like it's because we all expect it to rise in value rather than because it really is so special otherwise. As an 'investment' I wonder if it really will do as well as people hope.

No real axe to grind and I know this is not a unique case. Just wanted to contribute a view.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallang View Post
    It's really this. I agree it's a good watch but if an AD is inundated with requests for one I feel like it's because we all expect it to rise in value rather than because it really is so special otherwise. As an 'investment' I wonder if it really will do as well as people hope.

No real axe to grind and I know this is not a unique case. Just wanted to contribute a view.
    I think it will do very well-known but that's years down the line. It's not very often you can be aware when you are buying that the watch in question is a short production run- that's a fairly unique position. Plus it's imho the best looking BB to date, more interesting than a Non-date ceramic Sub, and much nicer than my Pelagos too. The 58 may look better, but I've yet to handle one, and likely to be made in much greater numbers.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Saw one of these in Harrods yesterday, looked very nice.

Craftsman
    Pick up my 79230G to day at Harrods number very high 200s very nice. In to my keeper Box

Apprentice
    Seems like a lot of people have had a lot of different info

I've just had the phone call that mine is ready to collect. I called Saturday and yesterday to ask about my position on the waiting list.

Looks like this may have sped things up!

If your on the list, call Harrods and ask to be connected to Tudor. It seems if you don't ask, you don't get...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Seems like a lot of people have had a lot of different info

It’s almost like everyone is talking to different people, most of which just make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    It’s almost like everyone is talking to different people, most of which just make it up.
    Depends what the motive is for saying some things. There are still some dealers saying now it’s only 200...when they have one for sale at £5-6k...

Journeyman

Result!!

I called Harrods and my put name down for one on 10th December last year. At the time they said it was limited to 175 pieces and the first 100 would be numbered, adding that it would be anyone's guess as to when they would become available.

I received a text from Harrods Fine Watches at 10:38 this morning asking if I was interested as a piece was available for me. I said yes and was told the number is 32X and would be held under my name. I asked the wife to go collect. She had it resized and walked out at 14:30.

I then did an internet search for Harrods Black Bay and ended up posting on here!

Cheers
    Last edited by emmm; 1st May 2018 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    I called Harrods and my put name down for one on 10th December last year. At the time they said it was limited to 175 pieces and the first 100 would be numbered, adding that it would be anyone's guess as to when they would become available.

I received a text from Harrods Fine Watches at 10:38 this morning asking if I was interested as a piece was available for me. I said yes and was told the number is 32X and would be held under my name. I asked the wive to go collect. She had it resized and walked out at 14:30.

I then did an internet search for Harrods Black Bay and ended up posting on here!

Cheers
    So is the watch numbered on the case back? Or are you going solely by what they told you?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Minutes View Post
    So is the watch numbered on the case back? Or are you going solely by what they told you?
    I will check and let you know tonight!

Craftsman
    I picked mine up a few weeks ago. It is numbered on the back and is sub 150. I know one other person who picked theirs up last week. Theirs is sub 200 and is also numbered on the back.
    I appreciate that everyone is getting a slightly different story, but I was told that Tudor were continuing to make them for now and there was no reason to think that Tudor would stop production. I was also told that Harrods were expecting a large number in at the end of April - this seems to match up with the comments on this thread.
    I went on the list in late November and personally have been very impressed with the service from Harrods.

Quote Originally Posted by sazzle View Post
    I picked mine up a few weeks ago. It is numbered on the back and is sub 150. I know one other person who picked theirs up last week. Theirs is sub 200 and is also numbered on the back.
    I appreciate that everyone is getting a slightly different story, but I was told that Tudor were continuing to make them for now and there was no reason to think that Tudor would stop production. I was also told that Harrods were expecting a large number in at the end of April - this seems to match up with the comments on this thread.
    I went on the list in late November and personally have been very impressed with the service from Harrods.
    Well, I picked mine up last Thursday and it was number 3**.

Harrods green black bay

Craftsman
    I was also told they weren’t being released in order. As I said, mine was sub 150 but I was also told that they had sold 22X a couple of weeks before.
    I asked why and was told it was probably due to quality control issues

The reason people want this is because it’s effectively Tudor’s answer to the Rolex Hulk and these have become virtually unobtainable, trading used just shy of £10k. Tudor will stop producing them (much sooner than we imagine) and move onto other things, therefore I fully expect this Harrods version to appreciate quickly and and in a similar fashion to the Hulk. This watch not only has very good investment potential but looks nice as well.
    So Tudor returns to its 'poor man's Rolex' roots then? Shame really, I thought they were trying to forge their own identity as a brand?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Minutes View Post
    I've just had the phone call that mine is ready to collect. I called Saturday and yesterday to ask about my position on the waiting list.

Looks like this may have sped things up!

If your on the list, call Harrods and ask to be connected to Tudor. It seems if you don't ask, you don't get...

When i called up, customer services said i HAD to come in store to put my name down, they said they cant tKe details over the phone, so I went in and a lady made me fill in a card with my details. Email, number including address. This was late January tho. Might give them a call and ask them tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

When i called up, customer services said i HAD to come in store to put my name down, they said they cant tKe details over the phone, so I went in and a lady made me fill in a card with my details. Email, number including address. This was late January tho. Might give them a call and ask them tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    It's well worth it. I collected mine today. If I hadn't called, there wouldn't be a chance in the world I'd have have it now.

P.S, the watch is absolutely fantastic. I'll be keeping mine. I love it.

Grand Master
    Seems a lot of people got there’s today !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    What this thread needs is a photograph

Journeyman

Can confirm that a number is engraved on the back. Mine is 32X
    Last edited by emmm; 1st May 2018 at 22:16.

I registered my interest in store on 23rd December 2017. I got a call yesterday to advise my watch is ready for collection. Mine will be numbered 38X

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    So Tudor returns to its 'poor man's Rolex' roots then? Shame really, I thought they were trying to forge their own identity as a brand?
    Exactly. I couldn’t have referred back to a previous posting of mine better myself.👍

Banned
    Can you add a photo of the back, issue number not needed, thanks

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Can you add a photo of the back, issue number not needed, thanks
    Picture of the back in this article: https://www.revolution.watch/tudor-b...usive-harrods/

Banned
    Picture of the back in this article: https://www.revolution.watch/tudor-b...usive-harrods/
    Thanks, does yours have special edition on the back as per picture?

Not really, it's green because that's Harrods colour - not because Rolex did a green one. The Bucherer version was Navy because that was their brand colour.

What Tudor are showing is that they're happy to partner with other brands to create special editions. Rolex don't do that.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Thanks, does yours have special edition on the back as per picture?
    Yes, exactly the same apart from the number.

Banned
    Yes, exactly the same apart from the number.
    Thanks

Apprentice
    So did anyone else fill the card out then?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Not really, it's green because that's Harrods colour - not because Rolex did a green one. The Bucherer version was Navy because that was their brand colour.

What Tudor are showing is that they're happy to partner with other brands to create special editions. Rolex don't do that.
    I think this is a fair assessment. Tudor has shown that it is willing to explore stand alone designs, such as the north flag etc, but that they are also in tune with partnering with well know brands.

There area lot of 'influencers' who are not even aware of the Rolex link who promote the Tudor brand so I'm not sure that it is an applicable stereotype these days anyway. More a way into a high quality swiss watch at a lower price point.

Master
    I hope so. They were at their best releasing cheaper Rolex alternatives.

Journeyman
    So did anyone else fill the card out then?

I didn't. They took my details over the phone on a Sunday last December. I was surprised that I got the return call for one to be honest, but here I am wearing it.....

Journeyman
    I found this on another forum.....

What are people's thoughts the production run on these?

I can't imagine they will be manufactured for another 1/2 years like the above post could suggest.

I personally think the engraved numbering on the back of the case suggests they are going to stop production at a set number. No idea what that will be.

Thoughts? How long do you think this will be produced for, how many will be produced, what do you think will happen to the second hand market for these pieces?

Grand Master
    It’s going to be a regular production and will very quickly become a RRP piece. Shame they moved the goalposts but good for anyone wanting one

RIAC

Journeyman
    I wonder if I could pick one up for 2 or 3 times the RRP. That would be mega.

Apprentice
    Called up on the status of what's going on with the queue/list and was told there halfway getting through December.

So anyone who put there name down December may get a call soon.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    It’s going to be a regular production and will very quickly become a RRP piece. Shame they moved the goalposts but good for anyone wanting one

You mean people can purchase it other than Harrods?

Journeyman
    Called up on the status of what's going on with the queue/list and was told there halfway getting through December.

That makes sense. Did you put your name down in store or by phone, and when?

Apprentice
    That makes sense. Did you put your name down in store or by phone, and when?
    I went into store and filled out a card with my details in late Jan so maybe in a couple of months, hopefully sooner.

Banned

I called today as well, same information, the serial numbers are up to 4xx’s at present.

Don’t let the naysayers put you off. I’m planning to retire on the proceeds of this one as soon as good old Harrods (or Tudor) calls time on it!

Grand Master
    Don’t let the naysayers put you off. I’m planning to retire on the proceeds of this one as soon as good old Harrods (or Tudor) calls time on it!
    With 2000 + our there you might have a bit of a wait!

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    With 2000 + our there you might have a bit of a wait!

There’s also zillions of Rolex Hulks out there but it doesn’t stop people paying stupid money for them! I personally don’t think these will ever be that easy to find ibut we’ll have to wait and see. Suppose it’ll be the same for the Bucherer Bronze Blue edition.

Journeyman
    Called up today - I can’t remember when I put my name down, I think it was November I didn’t fill in a card I wrote my name on a bit of paper and the sales guy took it. Over the phone today they wouldn’t tell me where I am in the queue they just confirmed that i would be getting one, just not sure when.