closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Uber in San Fransisco

Uber in San Fransisco

Hello people! Have never used Uber, everyone says how great it is but out in the backwater boondocks where I live there is no need for it.

However this summer I'm off to San Fransisco where obviously it could be very useful.

So my expert friends if I download the App to my phone and set my self up but never use it in the UK will I be able to use it straight away in SF?

Reading the blurb on the web it would seem that Lyft is even better/cheaper/etcetc would I be better served using that?

Many thanks

Yes you will - but set up a payment option using either to a US bank account or get Monzo/Revolut so you're not charged "non standard" transaction fees for every trip. You can have multiple cards on your account

Personally, when in the US (Boston, NY, Philly, DC), Lyft is far superior - nicer cars, cleaner, better drivers, company seems a little better than Uber too. It is marginally cheaper.

Thanks Geoff, signed up to Lyft using PayPal. Will see how that works. Will only be in SF for 3 days before driving north to Seattle to see family.