closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electroquartz And Oysterquartz.

Master

Electroquartz And Oysterquartz.

Omega Electroquartz.

Rolex Oysterquartz.

These are two of my 1970's quartz watches. The Omega was last made in 1973 and the Rolex started production in 1977. They are both very solid and well made. I prefer the sheer chunkiness of the EQ, but I think the OQ is a thing of beauty.
    Last edited by NOODLES25; 18th February 2018 at 18:52.

Journeyman
    Like the look of that Oysterquartz- the bracelet gives a very solid look to it.

By coincidence I got my OQ out of the safe yesterday as I'd stored it with the crown pulled out and noticed it wasn't starting again, hum...Got back home and put in a new 357 battery, not the easiest change as you can't "slide" the battery holder to the side like on most watches and there's a "circuit" underneath too, but there it went! Put it on the Old Greiner Quartz Timer and found it was ticking away at 0.02spd, or about 7 seconds per year. For some reason I thought it was 0.2 spd so ahead I went and trimmed it only to realize my mistake when a tiny turn of the screw put it at 0.5 spd...anyway I got it back down to -0.1 spd so I suppose it was worth my time ;-)

Master
    They were unbelievably accurate at the time.

Master
    When they stop you do hope it is just a battery. The OQ needed a stepper motor. I sent it to RSC and had to pay £1040 for the privilege.

Yes that's the risk with these beasts from the past...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    There was competition...

The 1971 Seiko 3823 offered five second a month accuracy, an anti reflective coating and hand fitted minute markers, among other things.

There's a bit more here:

http://www.crazywatches.pl/seiko-sup...fa-quartz-1971