closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought my dream watch today (another Speedmaster thread)

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    One thing on my watch that I had never seen before is on the case back. It says “professional moonwatch”. Does anyone know when omega started putting this on the watch? It seems a strange addition to me.
    The engraving on the back of yours has been more or less the same for 44 years, my speedy is 145.022 71T - 1974 and one of the first with the engraving as it is now, if my watch had the No NASA on the back it would be worth a hell of a lot more.

You'll love this site if you like Speedy's - http://speedmaster101.com/

Well done on your grail and enjoy..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    The engraving on the back of yours has been more or less the same for 44 years, my speedy is 145.022 71T - 1974 and one of the first with the engraving as it is now, if my watch had the No NASA on the back it would be worth a hell of a lot more.

You'll love this site if you like Speedy's - http://speedmaster101.com/

Well done on your grail and enjoy..
    Look closely at mine. It says “professional moonwatch” on it. I have been digging around and apparently this was introduced in early 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all I could find on the topic.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-...sionals.55557/

It also has a new/updated bracelet that I didn’t know about.

Congrats, OP. I'm picking up my first ever Speedy tomorrow.

Anyone got any tips as to what to check before I walk away with it? I presume there's no major QC issues I should be checking for?

Craftsman
    Lovely watch, congrats!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    New or used, where is the watch coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Congrats, OP. I'm picking up my first ever Speedy tomorrow.

Anyone got any tips as to what to check before I walk away with it? I presume there's no major QC issues I should be checking for?

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    New or used, where is the watch coming from?
    Brand new, local Beaverbrooks.

Brand new, local Beaverbrooks.
    You have nothing to worry about so long it is hasn't been on display and mishandled by customers trying it on. Get them to fit the bracelet for you though as I gather the screws in the links can be a total pain to remove with damaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    You have nothing to worry about so long it is hasn't been on display and mishandled by customers trying it on. Get them to fit the bracelet for you though as I gather the screws in the links can be a total pain to remove with damaging them.
    In my experience, I'm better at doing that than anyone who works in a shop.

I have the proper tools as well. When I bought a Longines for my sister's 30th, I saw the salesperson in the back taking a hammer to the end of a spring bar tool in an effort to push the pin through the bracelet.

So you say it's a screw, rather than pins, though? I might take some Bergeon screwdrivers so I can do it myself. I'd like to wear it out of the shop if possible.

Congratulations. Good things come to those that wait.

In my experience, I'm better at doing that than anyone who works in a shop.

I have the proper tools as well. When I bought a Longines for my sister's 30th, I saw the salesperson in the back taking a hammer to the end of a spring bar tool in an effort to push the pin through the bracelet.

So you say it's a screw, rather than pins, though? I might take some Bergeon screwdrivers so I can do it myself. I'd like to wear it out of the shop if possible.
    Yes it is screws and it should be a 1.8mm screwdriver you need (although I didn't do mine myself). Omega seem to use some pretty strong thread-lock on the screws and that's what a lot of people struggle with.