Quote Originally Posted by PhiloStan View Post
If the person is a stranger, then I don’t care as everyone’s priorities in life are different. However if it is someone I know and I suddenly discovered that he/she knowingly wears a fake, then my impression of him/her will definitely be lower. Maybe a bit double standards but I honestly don’t want to be associated with people who wear fakes knowingly and try to pass it off as the real thing.
PhiloStan, my thoughts too except I take perhaps a slightly stronger line. A stranger on the train and you want to wear a fake - that's your call, I won't respect you for it but you're not directly harming me so I won't waste my time giving you a second thought. But a friend, a work colleague...you just slipped majorly in my good opinion. Trust is important in any relationship and if someone is so vain, so snobbish, so insecure that they'd fake their wealth to impress others (and be willing to support criminal enterprises that also engage in people trafficking and forced prostitution)...what else are they willing to hide or deceive over to avoid the perceived risk of criticism or embarrassment? Little tells like this sometimes conceal bigger character flaws in my experience.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app