closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Australian Flu

Hybrid View

Master
    On the question of whether to have the jab or not, my wife and son are asthmatic so they get it for free and I have paid to have it for the last 5 or 6 years. None of us has suffered any side effects beyond a slightly sore arm so I really can’t see why people don’t get vaccinated.

Doctors in the public eye casting vague negativity towards issues like this really don’t help and tend to put people off any kind of vaccination, and that can’t be good for public health in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    On the question of whether to have the jab or not, my wife and son are asthmatic so they get it for free and I have paid to have it for the last 5 or 6 years. None of us has suffered any side effects beyond a slightly sore arm so I really can’t see why people don’t get vaccinated.

Doctors in the public eye casting vague negativity towards issues like this really don’t help and tend to put people off any kind of vaccination, and that can’t be good for public health in general.
    The problem is that they select which jab to give. It’s not a coverall, and only effective against the strains it covers in that jab - so you would still be likely to get flu if you came in contact with any other strain.

They offer it free with one of my clients, but I never take up the option. I have had flu once in my life; it was dreadful and I was bed bound for at least 3 days.
    It's just a matter of time...

Curently in the 2nd week of a heavy cold, which seems to be doing the rounds locally. Not nice but as others have said you really know when you get the flu and this is no where near the effect flu has on you. Knowing my luck, I'll get the Aussie flu straight after I've recovered from this.