closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on Enicar

Apprentice

Thoughts on Enicar

Another old watch from my collection, enicar sherpa guide , love the logo or the Saturn planet sign on dial, and the black and red 24 hour hand. Just a bit different I think.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice Sherpa. It's a once great brand now revitalised by idiots. Have you seen the modern Enicar website? It's absolutely hilarious. Not the new watches though - they're bland in the extreme. Here's some of my favourite quotes:
    "timepieces that ooze refinedness"
    "I am my mastery of dreams"
    "A vibrant chapter of glitterati"
    "When modern meets nano-lism"

Anyway, here's my own Sherpa:

I like these ,but I’ve never owned one ,I have noticed a couple of models fetching decent money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Nice Sherpa. It's a once great brand now revitalised by idiots. Have you seen the modern Enicar website? It's absolutely hilarious. Not the new watches though - they're bland in the extreme. Here's some of my favourite quotes:
    "timepieces that ooze refinedness"
    "I am my mastery of dreams"
    "A vibrant chapter of glitterati"
    "When modern meets nano-lism"

Anyway, here's my own Sherpa:

No I haven't seen website, sounds nice? I didn't know they where still going. Your sherpa looks very nice and in good condition, I will be wearing mine more often.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Another old watch from my collection, enicar sherpa guide , love the logo or the Saturn planet sign on dial, and the black and red 24 hour hand. Just a bit different I think.

I love them. I still have a SherpaGraph which is one of my favourites and had a Sherpaguide like yours for a while. The only downside is that parts seem to be in short supply now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Enicar might have been the thirteenth of the Dirty Dozen. In the 40s, during World War II, Britain’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) needed watches to issue to army personnel. They invited any Swiss manufacturer who could build a watch to the requested standard, to do so.

Due to the rigours of military life, very strict specifications were set, and all in, thirteen watch manufacturers were eventually accepted. They were: Buren, Cyma, Eterna, Grana, Jaeger Le-Coultre, Lemania, Longines, IWC, Omega, Record, Timor, Enicar and Vertex. They were all delivered in 1945, just missing out on the end of WW2

Each manufacturer was assigned a specific store number with Enicar designated no.10025, yet there are no known examples. Due to poor record keeping at the time, it is hard to determine what really happened, but rumour has it that the Allies investigated several Swiss companies and found that Enicar was supplying the enemy, and subsequently black listed them!

Master
    Blog Entries
    And then there's Racine watches (Enicar backwards) from the same family