closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam Beautiful Straps

No problems with it. Most the straps I use including thicker Toshi ones don't have curved ends.

Thank you. I've always been hesitant in buying other straps as I thought they may rub etc...
    Will have to give some a go now.

1mm gap seems plenty of space. Not noticed any wearing on my Solo , alt1c and alt1tude that I switch straps around a fair bit.

Just can't help myself

These are custom-made for single-folding clasps, with the dimensions according to Camille Fournet

For the price you ain't going to find much better.

Looks pretty dandy Andy (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan95 View Post
    Just can't help myself

These are custom-made for single-folding clasps, with the dimensions according to Camille Fournet

Mmmm - OK I'm getting tempted now.

How did you go about getting yellow stitching? I really rather fancy a black strap with yellow stitching for one of my watches.

M.

The yellow stitching on orange is by default. But Tuan accommodates any sort of customisations.

Just received tracking details! ETA 10 days

The yellow stitching on orange is by default. But Tuan accommodates any sort of customisations.

Just received tracking details! ETA 10 days
    Thanks - I've dropped him a mail.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Thanks - I've dropped him a mail.

M.
    Do remember to specify the number of holes to be punched. He wouldn't punch any by default.

Do remember to specify the number of holes to be punched. He wouldn't punch any by default.
    He said he'd email me a photo of the finished strap and check number of holes then.

M.

He said he'd email me a photo of the finished strap and check number of holes then.

M.
    Has the strap arrived? curious for more pics.

Not yet, it's on it's way, though.

I did get this image though:

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 25th April 2016 at 09:01.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

^^ I have to be honest, I wouldn't be happy with that stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    It's a little uneven, I agree, but I've seen nearly as bad on some of the £100+ 'custom' straps people rave about...

I didn't really notice it initially, only on subsequently reviewing the image. I was quite pleased with the texture of the strap, though, and the overall look of yellow stitching on black.

Maybe the black and yellow contrasts it more than similarly coloured strap/stitching?

I'll post some pictures and views when it arrives.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 25th April 2016 at 10:46.

That was my experience when I bought a strap from one of the Vietnamese sellers on eBay. It was let down by uneven stitching.

Arrived today.

The stitching is a little inconsistent, but when you're wearing it, it's not that noticeable.

The strap is very soft and supple (my initial fear is that it may be a little too soft, but we'll see).

I am a little disappointed in the thread colour - It looked very YELLOW in the initial photo, but is a more orangey gold in the 'flesh' and doesn't really match the yellow on the Seamaster dial, sadly (my photo doesn't reflect it either, to be fair...).

For the money, I'm happy, but I may have to find another watch to wear it on...

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 27th April 2016 at 14:33.

Looks pretty cool from my screen. Stitching indeed a little uneven. On stock straps you can see that upfront luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Looks pretty cool from my screen. Stitching indeed a little uneven. On stock straps you can see that upfront luckily.
    To be fair, they send a photo (which I posted before) before they ship, so I could (had I not been busy on holiday ) have said I wasn't happy had I paid more attention.

Whether it would have been much better had I done so, I can't say.

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 27th April 2016 at 14:38.

To be fair, they send a photo (which I posted before) before they ship, so I could (had I not been busy on holiday ) have said I wasn't happy had I paid more attention.

Whether it would have been much better had I done so, I can't say.

M.
    Perhaps one of those Omega buckles on eBay would do wonders to the outlook of the watch

It does look a bit uneven, however, if you look closely the stitching seems to follow the valleys of the 'blocks' of the pattern? Maybe deliberate?

Perhaps one of those Omega buckles on eBay would do wonders to the outlook of the watch
    I have a proper Omega buckle coming from Cousins funnily enough - costing more than the strap, but it'll go on another strap if I don't stick with this one on the Big Yellow!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 27th April 2016 at 16:40.

Picked one of these straps up today a brown crocodile strap. Took about 2 weeks to arrive and came with spring bars and buckle. First thing I noticed that it was starting to come away slightly just where the padding was on the fold of the skin on the strap. Not a massive issue but as a consequence, cant see it lasting very long. Slightly pointless sending it back to Vietnam for a replacement and as I say, it will probably last a while but at some point I guess the tear will increase and the strap will eventually split.

Pity really as I would have probably bought a few from them, the stitching by the way I thought was pretty good and was certainly more even than the one below.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    It does look a bit uneven, however, if you look closely the stitching seems to follow the valleys of the 'blocks' of the pattern? Maybe deliberate?
    I think this is the case, although obviously it doesn't sit well with some and I'm not going to tell anyone they should feel differently. I guess I'm happier to accept a slightly wonky stitch as an element of artisan manufacture than some.

I must admit after a little initial disappointment, it's growing on me.

For under £25 I can't really complain, but I'm going to see how well this one lasts before ordering any more.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 28th April 2016 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Picked one of these straps up today a brown crocodile strap. Took about 2 weeks to arrive and came with spring bars and buckle. First thing I noticed that it was starting to come away slightly just where the padding was on the fold of the skin on the strap. Not a massive issue but as a consequence, cant see it lasting very long. Slightly pointless sending it back to Vietnam for a replacement and as I say, it will probably last a while but at some point I guess the tear will increase and the strap will eventually split.

Pity really as I would have probably bought a few from them, the stitching by the way I thought was pretty good and was certainly more even than the one below.
    Notified Tuan? I find him receptive to criticism.

Notified Tuan? I find him receptive to criticism.
    Yes I sent him an e-mail and in short he acknowledged that the problem could occur with the strap and offered to have the watch sent back to him to replace. Didn't really want to go to all the hassle sending a watch strap back to Vietnam and as I said, I will last a while but I can see it coming undone at some point.

Like I say pity, as I would have certainly ordered a few from him.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Dan95;3922687]Just can't help myself

[QUOTE]

How long does he take to complete custom straps? Thinking about ordering a couple as they look great value.

Vietnam Beautiful Straps

How long does he take to complete custom straps? Thinking about ordering a couple as they look great value.
    Takes about 1-2 weeks to complete with approx 10 days to deliver to UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Takes about 1-2 weeks to complete with approx 10 days to deliver to UK.

Many thanks. I've had standard stuff from them but need something with curved ends made up.

Craftsman
    Well unfortunately Tuan can't make a strap with curved ends. The search continues......

Vietnam Beautiful Straps

I can't help myself...

I can't help myself...

Why is the buckle side of both straps so short?? I'm guessing to be used in conjunction with one of the Breatling second timezone modules (I can't recall what they called them)

I can't help myself...

What are they for? the short end looks incredibly short?

M

I have an incredibly small wrist

I have an incredibly small wrist
    That makes absolutely no sense at all.

If you have smaller wrists you would need both sides of the strap reducing in size rather than just one. Doing this will keep the buckle relatively central to your wrist. If you shorten just the buckle end then the buckle will sit more on the side of your wrist that on the underside. That would just be weird!!

See my (highly technical) drawing

Vietnam Beautiful Straps

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense at all.

If you have smaller wrists you would need both sides of the strap reducing in size rather than just one. Doing this will keep the buckle relatively central to your wrist. If you shorten just the buckle end then the buckle will sit more on the side of your wrist that on the underside. That would just be weird!!

See my (highly technical) drawing
    Yikes!

My bad.

Watch currently sits as per #1. I thought it'd wear nicer if the deployant were to sit central on my wrist, as per #2.

Didn't know the watch's supposed to be worn with the logo directly underneath at 6 o'clock, with the deployant slightly off centre following the groove of my wrist.

I see you went to the same school of technical drawing as me!

Craftsman
    Has anyone ordered from this guy recently? His eBay account now seems to suggest he is away until November.

Master
    hi, it seems he is on an enforced holiday from ebay.i have ordered a custom strap from him via his website and its business as usual..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi, it seems he is on an enforced holiday from ebay.i have ordered a custom strap from him via his website and its business as usual..
    Enforced holiday?

Craftsman
    Did you receive this OK? Judging by his final eBay feedback he seems to have let a few people down.

Master

Smile

yes,i ordered it though his website ,came through customs as normal.it was a cracking hornback croc strap ....

Craftsman
    yes,i ordered it though his website ,came through customs as normal.it was a cracking hornback croc strap ....
    Thanks. I'd only ever bought from him through eBay but will give his site a go.

I just got new strap from Vietnam and I am AMAZED, really, I am amazed by quality.

It is on par with Camille Fournet. It is definitely better than Hirsch Alligator. Heck, edges are sealed better that on CF alligator that started flaking in 2 days.

Strap is soft, all edges are properly sealed, stitching is almost perfect. I had to meet SWMBO at the shopping mall and I showed strap in watch shop to shop manager I know, she immediately asked for contacts, because of "my girls (shop assistants) are asking for good quality straps". And they are selling Hirsch and Morellato straps :D

If you are interested, I highly recommend to look for bay seller nolale2016. Oh, and shipping took just 4 days.

That does look good

Is he still selling on ebay ??

Craftsman
    Very nice

May I please ask how the import CITES declaration went?

Was it properly noted and CITES certificate available on the box itself?

Certainly, no one would want problems with the import authorities over something like this. My limited understanding is that one must have a CITES certificate available right on the box as it is entering the US.

Look forward to hearing your answers.

Thank you in advance.

Most of us are in the uk though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    i have several of Taun's straps.i cant fault them,,mind you i like the "artisan"look of the stitching.......