closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Custom-made watch straps

Threaded View

Junghans Meister Pilot - Vintage Lume Model

Dear All:

I have a new Junghans Meister Pilot - Vintage Lume Variant, Black dial with vanilla/yellowish lume for hour markers and hands.

My wrist is very small at 6" to 6 1/4", so I'll need a new strap, most likely custom.

I also don't like the black and brown combination colored strap that this vintage lume model comes with (it's also too long a strap for me).

As I like texture on these types of "pilot styled" straps, I thought that possibly Buffalo or Shark might be options to consider.

What I cannot decide is whether this watch would look better with a black strap, a grey strap, or a brown strap?

Clearly, a brown strap would bring out the vintage vanilla/yellowish lume (fauxtina ;).

Yet, grey or black might make the watch stand out more crisply, especially with white thread stitching or ecru/off white stitching.

May I ask the good folks here for your experienced eye and thoughts, please? Thank you in advance.

The issue is whether a black or grey strap might tilt the overall hue of the entire watch+strap to overly cool, so that the idea of "vintage lume" (albeit fauxtina) is lost?

I personally don't wear a lot of browns and khakis and beiges, so that's one strike against the brown. Yet, since I have very few brown strapped watches, this might be one good opportunity to get a brown strap to go with the vintage colored lume.

I'm attaching picture of the watch itself, plus black, grey, brown in both shark and buffalo.

Order of pictures:

- pictures of the Junghans Meister Pilot with vintage lume.

- Black Shark
    - Grey Shark
    - Brown Shark

- Black Buffalo
    - Grey Buffalo
    - Brown Buffalo

- Glossy Beaver Tail (only glossy available in Beaver Tail, unfortunately)

Thank you. Pardon me in advance for such a lengthy post.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Black Shark
    [IMG]
    Grey Shark
    [IMG]
    Brown Shark
    [IMG]
    Black Buffalo
    [IMG]
    Grey Buffalo
    [IMG]
    Brown Buffalo

[IMG]
    Glossy Beaver Tail (unfortunately, only available in glossy)
    Last edited by Dualmonitors; 28th November 2017 at 01:24.