closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: EE or Vodafone for home broadband?

EE or Vodafone for home broadband?

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with these companies for fibre broadband?

Vodafone are offering a better deal at the moment but being relatively new to the home broadband market I'm not sure if I want to sign up to an 18 month contract.

Any feedback would be appreciate.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have Vodafone. It's pants.

Craftsman
    I have Vodafone and think its really good.

The app to look at your service and users etc is great, the router allows a friends and family service, so far the service has been great.

I had a few bill issues at the start but they were contactable by phone with no major waiting time and fixed the issues no questions

Craftsman
    I have EE broadband and haven't got any complaints.

Just watch the phone charges with Vodafone - ie ~ 11p/min local calls !!

With Zen we had pretty much free everything but paid the £18+VAT line rental.

Sure we get free line rental with Vodafone Fibre Broadband but we were stung £25 for local calls in our first month :) !!!

You can pay an extra £8 per month to get free calls OR use your mobile..

EE

I had EE with no issues for ages

Always seem to be cashback deals on quidco for it too

I'd give it a thumbs up

Voda I don't know

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    My better half spent 40mins interrogating an EE phone agent before switching us to them this week (from BT). Will report back, but it might be useful to know that EE offer a £100 MasterCard voucher if you switch, although it's not mentioned anywhere on their website, only if you search via uSwitch. They are happy to match it for direct sales too..

I have EE and can't complain yet. It increases your phone package too if you're with them. Think mine went from 4gb to 7gb of data a month for no additional charge.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    I have EE and can't complain yet. It increases your phone package too if you're with them. Think mine went from 4gb to 7gb of data a month for no additional charge.
    True, my wife got an extra 5GB p/m data for her EE phone too.

Thanks for the replies. I was very impressed with the EE sales team. I got through to them very quickly and the guy was very helpful and not pushy at all. However in the end, the deal from Vodafone with the current offer of the free gifts that they have swung it for me.

£30 per month, free hub and free delivery for 76mb fibre which includes line rental. Now should I choose the Sonos 1, Sennheiser HD 4.50 headphones or a £75 pre paid MasterCard for the missus? Tough call! 
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 11th August 2017 at 23:49.

EE here, no issues

Master
    My parents have Vodafone and he seems happy with it. He's a heavy user too

Vodafone have awful customer service - although the same can be said for most providers :/!!

Master
    I'm in contact with Sky but being of the inquisitive nature but loooked at the Vodaphone offer so I can get £50 cash back via Quidco, the Vodafone free gift and also £100 towards the cost of cancelling Sky early plus they offer a faster speed

I believe that Der Fliegende Banane is our resident EE expert.