closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should poor people be allowed to buy a Rolex?

Should poor people be allowed to buy a Rolex?

I've been thinking :) .... if a poor person scrimps and scrapes enough money together to buy a Rolex, should they be allowed to?

I don't think they should :evil: it brings the cudos of the brand down if life's none people are walking around with them,! How on earth are people like myself supposed to feel like we've got a quality product if the unwashed masses are allowed to treat themselves to a Rolex, thus allowing them a glimps of what it feels like to be of a quality standing in life?

Just my 2p :mrgreen:

Re: Should poor people be allowed to buy a Rolex?

That's enough.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

:cry:

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    That's enough.

Eddie
    Agreed

Frank

Master

That's enough.

Eddie
    Yeah - this has turned from mildly amusing to fairly unpleasant.

simon

Craftsman

WTF? There's only one thing poor about this, and that's taste, or the lack thereof!

Master

I'd love to meet this Hugh Janus chap just to see if he's really as unlikeable as he comes across. I'm guessing he's just a bit like these internet paedophiles- no friends, personality or social skills etc...but give him a PC and he can become who he wants. A sad case indeed. I would suggest that he locks himself in his 6 car garage, shuts the doors, fixes a hosepipe to his Ferrari and sits in it with pipe through the window. He can time how long it takes to pass out on his Rolex.

Will somebody please shoot this pr!ck :evil:

Craftsman

Either its one joke too far or a serious psycholoigal problem waiting to happen.

Thats enough indeed

Ock

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by simonj
    I'd love to meet this Hugh Janus chap just to see if he's really as unlikeable as he comes across. I'm guessing he's just a bit like these internet paedophiles- no friends, personality or social skills etc...but give him a PC and he can become who he wants. A sad case indeed. I would suggest that he locks himself in his 6 car garage, shuts the doors, fixes a hosepipe to his Ferrari and sits in it with pipe through the window. He can time how long it takes to pass out on his Rolex.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pleaseant thoughts forming in my mind!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

Actually just thought that we are doing exactly what he wants. Someone else has posted in another thread that he has over 2000 views in response to his small number of posts. Mostly because we keep looking at the stuff to tell him he's a twat.

Starve him of attention!!, don;t look and don't reply. It works for all other 4 year old PITAsses who throw tantrums to get what they want

Master

he's just a wind up......& a funny one at that........let him carry on i say...... :D :D :D

Craftsman

You know, I've never been one for banning people from this or any other forum, simply for expressing a view that I may disagree with. However, from what I've seen of this guys posts, he contributes nothing to the discussions, deliberately antagonizes people and is acting in bad faith.

One of the things I've always enjoyed about hanging out here is that although we may occasionally have different opinions, we treat one another with a modicum of respect and maturity.

I think the better question is should a deliberately antagonistic a**hole be permitted to continue posting on this forum?

I vote no - we've already wasted enough bandwith on this cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by macbigyin

Actually just thought that we are doing exactly what he wants. Someone else has posted in another thread that he has over 2000 views in response to his small number of posts. Mostly because we keep looking at the stuff to tell him he's a twat.

Starve him of attention!!, don;t look and don't reply. It works for all other 4 year old PITAsses who throw tantrums to get what they want
    Absolutely true but this muppet doesn't seem to be getting the message - ban and block in order :wink:

Master

dont you think that this is just a little OTT? shooting somebody?

now thats offensive

Blog Entries

That's enough.

Eddie
    That's a HUGE disappointment :D :D .

No, totally agreed, he's starting to repeat himself anyway.
    THe fun is over.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrteatime

now thats offensive
    WTF :shock:

I would ordinarily answer your reply but so as to not give the OP any fun, i won't

Craftsman

Heheh eanyone can buy an alpha , sandoz or any watch one likes , to suggest otherwise is bufoon talk , shame on you mad man!
    To be brutaly honest i suggest that infact it is those who seek status and prestige that identify with famous name brands however that is not to say their (rolex) attention and reputation is not deserved. In my experiance rich folks dont advertise it and are quite economical really, that is how one becomes rich unless one has inherited wealth. My uncle is a billionaire copper magnate yet he does not wear a rolex. Reverse psychology? are you a rolex employee?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mrteatime

now thats offensive
    WTF :shock:

I would ordinarily answer your reply but so as to not give the OP any fun, i won't
    mmmm interesting...

my point is just that mranus is on a wind-up.....and is trying to be funny....some may find him offensive, others may not. However, some may find your comment, however tongue in cheek it may be, equally offensive.......

Can I suggest that we just ignore this tosser and his ilk and not reply to any posts he/they may make? Not easy I know, but I'm sure the fools will soon be off elsewhere. :roll:
    F.T.F.A.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Can I suggest that we just ignore this tosser and his ilk and not reply to any posts he/they may make? Not easy I know, but I'm sure the fools will soon be off elsewhere. :roll:
    er....are you including me in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus
    I've been thinking :) .... if a poor person scrimps and scrapes enough money together to buy a Rolex, should they be allowed to?

I don't think they should :evil: it brings the cudos of the brand down if life's none people are walking around with them,! How on earth are people like myself supposed to feel like we've got a quality product if the unwashed masses are allowed to treat themselves to a Rolex, thus allowing them a glimps of what it feels like to be of a quality standing in life?

I didnt want to post against this Little Pr!ck because this is exactly what he wants, but just once and he wont get my attention again.
    Your immpression to me Mr Janus is that you also are in that catagory. ("If a poor person scrimps and scrapes enough money together to buy a Rolex, should they be allowed to?")
    You are obviously what they call "New Money". Someone that has recently come into more money than his family ever earnt or possessed before, new high paid job luckerly won from a bad education, or, a lottery win, bingo, pools you get the gist. These people possess no class immediatly won from there good fortune but end up going so far up there arse that they forget where they come from. You aquire that rich class without being tacky over a period of time. Katie Price (Jordan) says it all (new money, still tacky)
    If you were old money....well, we wouldnt even know about. They wouldnt be posting low life articles like yourself and advertising what they can do and buy...class. So stop advertising that you are loaded (so wot) and insulting hard working people, because you probably won your little trip to vegas and while there bought a Rolex on your credit card just so you can stand at the bar and say to your so called friends, "look I got a Rolex!" where they will all think it is fake.....because you have no class.

Did someone say something?

(The foe button is your friend :wink: )

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

It occurs to me that Mr. Janus might be troll looking to goad our esteemed host into "oppressively" moderating the board, and thereby giving fuel for a pointless argument. I applaud Eddie for his restraint.

As for you, Mr. Janus, you are most certainly entitled to your opinions, as offensive and boorish as they may be. However, having said that, I imagine (or certainly hope) that at some point good sense will engage at some point. Perhaps you might choose the "Preview" option before posting ridiculous drivel. I have often found that taking a moment to re-read a post can result in the appearance of intelligence, when it is edited and posted thoughtfully, rather than for the sake of inciting tedious argument.

Your mileage may vary...

He's just a total wind up merchant :twisted:

I think some of his comments are hilarious, if a bit tedious.

Well done Eddie

Send him to the Sin bin

He sounds like the guy trying to upset people on pistonheads, with his ferrari comments and his vast experience of supercar ownership.

He looking to cause a stir,

i am sure he will disapear on to another forum, soon as he is bored winding people up.

soon. ;)

Master

i agree with him ime a working class oik and proud of it.... :lol:

let him keep his watches

woudnt mind owning certain vintage rolexs

but seeing certain bling watches on people lets me know who to avoid

money is not class or cleverness.

it dosent offend me, as it says more about them i dont respect anyone just because he has money.

reminds me of a couple of years ago.i was in my old vectra some supposed posh git cut me up in his bmw,shouting out get outa the way with your cheap sunglasses.i was in stitches i thought it was hilarious,how low and shallow can you go...

i expect mister anus is of the estate near me anyway dealing in the highrise............ :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grand Master

That's enough.
    True, at 1st he was at best amusing at worst annoying .. now he's just annoying!
    /vince ..

Master

The thing is though.... (and I am glad of the deflection as I have took some hammer the past couple of days due to a certain "suggestion" I made) if this was Ricky Gervais we would all be rolling in the aisles....... :lol: - and awarding BAFTA's etc

Its so obviously a joke................... isn't it :?:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by simonj
    He can time how long it takes to pass out on his Rolex.
    Great one liner :D

Master

Should terminally dumb people be allowed to buy a Rolex?

Knob!

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk
    Knob!
    Even better one liner :D

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Enough of this shite, where's the Friday thread?

Jim :twisted:

Master

No one actually believes that this joker actually has the things he says he has, or is what he says he is, do they...? :lol:

We had one of these on a car forum I used to moderate, multi millionaire you know, telling us all about his flash cars and all his money. I was staggered that some easily impressed people actually believed it.

Rumbled in the end of course, but sadly only after he ripped someone off for several thousand. (Will22, where are you now?)

Master

And to think he has Sergeant stripes. I think Eddie should give him a TROLL for an avatar. Now that would be proper and all would know what he truly is. Anybody got any good troll pics for an avatar? Send them to Eddie.

Craftsman

well i doubt he'll ever be able to sell or buy now and thats his loss really, i think foolishly he is trying to insinuate that us wises dont appreciate rolex or cant afford them or create bad feeling toward rolex owners, i cant figure out the motive but it is not all humour and infact sounds totalitarian in that who can permit whether or not people own certain brands. I suppose on a chav forum somewhere he has asked should poor people be allowed to buy lacoste polo's on ebay or some such drivel. Ofcourse the obvious answer is that they can buy fakes, replicas or hommages or even second hand really, its not a great deal of money, less than a 20 a day habit infact so you see it was a silly post designed to provoke us into engaging in idol banter, however i like idol banter and cheaper versions of rolex so i can happily say i would prefer a modded sandoz or sterile exclusive watch uk eta2836 anyway over the current sub offered by rolex simply that if i got mugged or it was lost the replacement wouldnt be too costly. And as i recall i allways felt uncomfortable having flashy or expensive stuff, like i would run faster in nike's or get a pretty girl by driving a cabriolet or wearing d&g or gucci, i was annoyed with myself for being a fake materialist and that is why i dont even have a sub style though i like them the only one i really like is the tudor 79090 because of the rough ready and rugged 2824 it used. Should be a rant in the bear pit and that may allow a greater breadth of discussion and debate. If i was to spend excess of £1000 it'd be on an old style seamaster 300m, i love domed accrylic!

He is playing a game... he doesn't want to buy or sell, seek or give information, or contribute in any way.

Craftsman

Guys he is just a troll whose sole purpose is to anger us. Which he has done. Chances are he doesn't even own a watch. Most of you must have not ever tried usenet, completely unmoderated and troll heaven. He lurked for a while, found out what rang our bell, (the old Rolex threads) and pounced.

Homo Anus

Master

Isn't that kinda like an oxymoron.

Not sure if he does post on PistonHeads or not, but over there we have a name for such types -

"Weapon's Grade Cock"

Sounds about right to me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

:evil: can we ban people on this forum?!

Eddie,

Like you have said previously, this is a friendly, international forum.

Based on Mr. Janus's posts here, please just ban him from posting here.

As simple as that.

David

He probably has started up a new user name now and none of us will know who he is, can be done right?

No, need to ban him…

Look at it this way guys…every village has an idiot, correct? Well, we have found or village idiot. There is the term WIS, and we now have VIS, Village Idiot Savant.

And to all you fine gentleman that call him a troll. Please stop, there is no need to insult a troll like that.

People like our very own Village Idiot, and TZ-UK’s only VIS HughjAnus, thrive on stirring up the pot, and negative attention.

Here is the real way to deal with him…every post he makes, ignore it. Literally, do not post, do not respond to his post.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Vargas
    No, need to ban him…

Look at it this way guys…every village has an idiot, correct? Well, we have found or village idiot. There is the term WIS, and we now have VIS, Village Idiot Savant.

And to all you fine gentleman that call him a troll. Please stop, there is no need to insult a troll like that.

People like our very own Village Idiot, and TZ-UK’s only VIS HughjAnus, thrive on stirring up the pot, and negative attention.

Here is the real way to deal with him…every post he makes, ignore it. Literally, do not post, do not respond to his post.

Would this be his new rank badge?..

:lol:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdigger
    i agree with him ime a working class oik and proud of it.... :lol:
    I don't think class warfare is the point, really, especially as the uppers have had their clocks well and truly cleaned ;)
    reminds me of a couple of years ago.i was in my old vectra some supposed posh git cut me up in his bmw,shouting out get outa the way with your cheap sunglasses.
    You got all that from a BMW :?: As you and many others have pointed out, posh != money. In fact it's quite the opposed these days (surprised you could hear his shouting from two vehicles away with all the engine, wind and road noise that goes on. He must have had a megaphone atop his posh BMW :lol:).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master

Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus

I think it's spelt Kudos.

And to everyone else, :blackeye:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... n&ct=title

:roll: