closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One watch. Can it be done?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    I've had up to 6/7 at one time and down to as few as few as 1, it wouldn't be possible now as 1 of them is my Sqn 100th anniversary Bremont which I'm never wearing as a daily! I'm currently at 4 but thinking of switching the SD4k for a 16600 and something else, plus have one of Lorne's watches earmarked to be made later on this year.

Master
    I had a Revue Thommen Quartz Airspeed Chrono (titanium centre-minute chromo, with quickset hour hand and 0-60 bezel) for 10 years as the only watch I ever wore, except for an old Seiko in the drawer for when the RT needed service or repairs, and 2-3 old, u/s watches I never even looked at. I was pretty happy with that, until the RT finally expired and I discovered this place and WUS. In the past 9 years I've been through around 30 watches, and finally found one that could (almost) be my OneWatch - my Rolex GMT II 16710 which offers a nice size, relatively low profile, good functionality, and great quality.

However, I do need to use chronographs from time to time, so would have to have something else. I do currently have two, both titanium centre-minute chronos, one with quartz quickset, one Lemania 5100, but could settle for one of those, plus my GMT II.

Of course, that does leave the question of what to do with my RN issue CWC Fat Case Navigator - rarer than a Rolex MilSub - the Casio I use as a bedside alarm and the Omega SMP I wear when I want a change, sword hands and great lume.

For myself, I've always (since joining this place, anyway) thought in terms of a GMT, a Diver and Chromo, with a Classic - though that could be one of the other three. So One would be tricky.