closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tempoinverso London/Paris

Apprentice

Tempoinverso London/Paris

Hey guys, new to this forum. I've signed up as I found a Rolex Daytona S/S black dial that ive been saving up for years to get (student with part time job).
    I'm wondering has anyone ever used this crowd before? They are looking for a 10% deposit on the watch to bring it from Paris to London so I can view it and want it paid through bank transfer?
    I'm not really comfortable sending that kind of money for something I haven't seen or anything. I also asked that when I viewed the watch could they take off the bracelet and show me that the serial numbers matches and they said they didn't want to do this. They've been a trusted seller since 2007 on chrono24 and other sites like that.

Has anyone ever had any experiences with these? Also any tips for when buying a watch? This is my first ever watch to buy!

Thanks,

Niall

They are very reliable and well known, no concerns there.

Popping off the bracelet on a Daytona to show you the serial number really shouldn't be a problem for them, that's strange.

I had a part time job in a supermarket when I was a student. I didn't buy a Daytona.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the reply. Have you used them yourself? It just seemed fishy that they would only take bank transfer and not PayPal. Ye I thought it only takes two seconds to pop it off and put it back on. Maybe they might do it when I'm actually there with them!

Well as I said have been saving for years and working in a bar since I was 16.. I also don't drink :)

Spoken to them but have never been able to reach a deal or have found the same watch elsewhere. Their 'London' office is a few 100m from where I live so they've always seemed convenient!

I know a fellow Aston owner who met the guy in a London hotel and bought an AMVOX from him, but never me, no.

Many people don't do PP. It's a pain for many reasons!

I bought a watch from Domonique/Enrique (can't remember which - or how to spell them!) a few years ago. Paid a 10% deposit and he gets the Eurostar over to meet you in a posh hotel somewhere. He even bought my coffee and cake.

100% reliable nice chap. If you're lucky, he'll be wearing a watch that you won't often see.

Odd that he'd refuse to let you check case numbers though. I'm sure that'd be perfectly fine once you're face to face.

He's got a great iPhone app too.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the response so. I guess I will have to send the 10% through bank transfer so. Looking forward to finally getting the watch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrell View Post
    Thanks for the response so. I guess I will have to send the 10% through bank transfer so. Looking forward to finally getting the watch!
    Post a pic when you get it!

Dominique seems friendly enough, played ping pong phone tennis for a while before emailing him, got a response within 24 hours.

His prices are good (had a Planet Ocean Ti, full set for £3.2k - now marked as 'on hold') but the caveat he's difficult to get hold of.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Post a pic when you get it!
    I will. Hope to be able to put a deposit down tomorrow.

Dominique seems friendly enough, played ping pong phone tennis for a while before emailing him, got a response within 24 hours.

His prices are good (had a Planet Ocean Ti, full set for £3.2k the lowest I'd seen from a dealer although Beaverbrooks had one at £3.9 new in their January sale) but the caveat is Dominique is difficult to get hold of.

Let me know how any purchase goes.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post

His prices are good (had a Planet Ocean Ti, full set for £3.2k - now marked as 'on hold') but the caveat he's difficult to get hold of.
    Thanks. I have actually found him really easy to get a hold off through both email & whatsapp.

Just need to book my flight from Dublin. Do any of you know is Stansted close to Selfridges in Central London?

Stansted is closer to Harrods than Selfridges.

I think Luton is the simplest/quickest airport to get into central London from. Stansted is maybe a bit further. Both have a great non stop train service to Liverpool St or Kings X.

That's if you can't get a BA flight into City airport.

Isn't it likely to be simpler to have the watch posted? Which watch are we talki about?

Another thought. If you're flying anyway, why not go to Paris and meet Domonique there? He might reduce the price to reflect his Eurostar saving, and you could have a night away with he wife?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Stansted is closer to Harrods than Selfridges.

I think Luton is the simplest/quickest airport to get into central London from. Stansted is maybe a bit further. Both have a great non stop train service to Liverpool St or Kings X.

That's if you can't get a BA flight into City airport.

Isn't it likely to be simpler to have the watch posted? Which watch are we talki about?
    There actually isn't a huge difference in me flying over to the London City airport, so I think I'll fly there. That's still an hour+ away though?

I'd love to have the watch shipped over - it's the same price as F2F but just not comfortable taking the risk with this kinda money!

It's a black face 116520 rolex Daytona with box and papers - 2009

Paris just works out too expensive for me and don't have a partner so would be returning same day regardless.

Fair enough with a watch of that value, although I'm sure you'd be find with this guy.

If you can fly to London City at a good price that's perfect.

City airport is right next to Canary Wharf in docklands. 20 minute taxi ride to Mayfair (on a clear run!)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Fair enough with a watch of that value, although I'm sure you'd be find with this guy.

If you can fly to London City at a good price that's perfect.

City airport is right next to Canary Wharf in docklands. 20 minute taxi ride to Mayfair (on a clear run!)
    Hopefully!

Going to fly to Gatwick and get the train to the Clapham Junction and transfer onto the other line and get off at Putney, short walk from there it seems.

Paying my deposit and booking my flight this evening… Very excited!!

Apprentice
    So I've paid the deposit and booked my flight for Thursday morning.

This is the watch http://www.tempoinverso.com/produit/...6520-1774.html

It's advertised with a one year warranty would this be from themselves or what?

Apprentice
    After waiting around for weeks to find one in Dublin and then finally putting a deposit on this one. A better/newer one has come up for the same price 🙈😩

Blog Entries
    It's advertised with a one year warranty would this be from themselves or what?
    From them, most likely.

After waiting around for weeks to find one in Dublin and then finally putting a deposit on this one. A better/newer one has come up for the same price 
    Agh!

If you can afford it, buy both and then flip the one you like least?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    From them, most likely.

Agh!

If you can afford it, buy both and then flip the one you like least?
    I'm gonna stick with this one. As long as it was originally bought in the EU, there should only be about €500 max in the difference. They're going to confirm on Tuesday where it's from and I'll be picking it up on Thursday then!

Also no way would I have enough to buy the two. I'm 23, struggling to buy one!!

Apprentice
    Collected my watch this morning for Dominique. Absolutely delighted with it, was well worth travelling over for. As everyone said Dominique is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. Have to say if it weren't for this site I don't think I would have been able to go ahead with the purchase. I actually met a forum member who was viewing a watch straight after me (hope you got on well). Have no problem recommending tempoinverso / Dominique and will definitely use them again if I ever want to upgrade / change or add to a collection!

Don't know how to post pictures on this using my phone, will have a go on my laptop when I get home.

Master
    glad that worked out for you; where would we all be without the tiniternet and places like here?

they look good with a black face too; health to wear.

I bought a Royal Oak off them.

No issue whatsoever to be fair. Good guy

Pleased to hear it all went well. I knew it would do, but all the same, congratulations!

Now get some pictures up!

Apprentice
    Collected my watch this morning for Dominique. Absolutely delighted with it, was well worth travelling over for. As everyone said Dominique is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. Have to say if it weren't for this site I don't think I would have been able to go ahead with the purchase. I actually met a forum member who was viewing a watch straight after me (hope you got on well). Have no problem recommending tempoinverso / Dominique and will definitely use them again if I ever want to upgrade / change or add to a collection!

Don't know how to post pictures on this using my phone, will have a go on my laptop when I get home.
    Hi there !

Nice to meet you today and your Daytona was a great buy - glad you got back home safely (I'm guessing you were a little self conscious around London during the day!).

I was very happy with my out come too - AP 15300 in black - Its a keeper ! - I have traded with Dominique in the past - he is a good dealer and very passionate about watches!

This was my purchase :

I'm not sure that will be your last and only purchase......

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by tintintin View Post
    Hi there !

Nice to meet you today and your Daytona was a great buy - glad you got back home safely (I'm guessing you were a little self conscious around London during the day!).

I was very happy with my out come too - AP 15300 in black - Its a keeper ! - I have traded with Dominique in the past - he is a good dealer and very passionate about watches!

This was my purchase :

I'm not sure that will be your last and only purchase......
    Nice to meet you too. Ye was a bit of a nervous day for me but delighted with it!

Wow, that is stunning. Great choice - well wear!

I'd like to think that it's not my first and last purchase but it will be for the foreseeable future! Can see myself browsing through the tempoinverso app quite a bit now though!!

resurrecting old thread as looking at dealing with Dominique shortly. All seems good so far but anyone have any recent experiences?

Cheers

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    resurrecting old thread as looking at dealing with Dominique shortly. All seems good so far but anyone have any recent experiences?

Cheers
    I've just dealt with Dominique, didn't buy as he backed off the price he quoted, a very poor experience.

I suspect he had a better offer and reneged on the deal 😠😠

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Sorry to hear. He must be peeved about Brexit!