closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help finding photos for a Rolex watch

Apprentice

Help finding photos for a Rolex watch

Hopefully you guys can help. Unfortunately my house got burgled last week and they stole my wife's Rolex watch.

I'm trying to find a hi res photo for the Police, but I can't seem to find it.

The model is oyster (perpetual?) Princess (this was on the dial) with a pink dial and no date. It was a gift from her dad in 2002 bought new from AD. When I search, lots of similar models, but not her one...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Google images is a great source.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Google images is a great source.
    I did search as mentioned, however i don't know the model number, so it comes up with lots of similar models but not one with the 'princess' word on the dial.

Master
    Are you sure it was a Rolex?

Prince and Princess are more Tudor names.
    Last edited by JP Chestnut; 2nd May 2017 at 17:38.

Apprentice
    Yes very sure as it was bought at Michael Jones Jewellers new. But I got the date wrong, looking at the guarantee it was bought in 1999? My wife's not here at the moment and so I'm unsure. Maybe a discontinued model?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
    Yes very sure as it was bought at Michael Jones Jewellers new. But I got the date wrong, looking at the guarantee it was bought in 1999? My wife's not here at the moment and so I'm unsure. Maybe a discontinued model?
    If you have the papers, what's the reference number?

No date even. With a Rolex clasp and crown.
    Last edited by JP Chestnut; 2nd May 2017 at 17:47.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    If you have the papers, what's the reference number?
    I see, I didn't realise that number is the model number. It is 76094 and I did a quick search which shows a very similar model:-
    http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/L...al/76094/19961

Apprentice
    Difference is the bracelet and the word princess.

Also found out the RRP was £1750 if that helps.
    Last edited by Rolo; 2nd May 2017 at 17:56.

Princess is definitely a Tudor term as far as I can see.

Go with the reference number for Police purposes, just tell them it didn't have a bracelet, or do you mean it was a different bracelet? The Jubilee perhaps, did you have the serial number recorded too? That needs to be given to Rolex in case it ever turns up in the future at one of their service centres.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Princess is definitely a Tudor term as far as I can see.

Go with the reference number for Police purposes, just tell them it didn't have a bracelet, or do you mean it was a different bracelet? The Jubilee perhaps, did you have the serial number recorded too? That needs to be given to Rolex in case it ever turns up in the future at one of their service centres.
    I assume the little green tag number is the serial for that watch? The bracelet is like this:-

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/L...783/item/85399

I think I'll call Rolex tomorrow to see if they can provide a pic. We actually do have some photos with her wearing it, but unfortunately it's not sharp enough, can't see the details on the dial....

Master
    That's the "oyster bracelet".

Rolex haven't made a watch called a Princess since the thirties. What you have there is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual, model 76094, and it doesn't say 'Princess' on the dial. Maybe you misremembered it or mixed it up with another watch?

Thats the Oyster bracelet. I don't know whats on the green hang tag, but it should be a 4-8 digit ( ? ) unique number that isn't the reference number you posted, its engraved on the watch case between the top lugs, which of course doesn't help you now.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Rolex haven't made a watch called a Princess since the thirties. What you have there is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual, model 76094, and it doesn't say 'Princess' on the dial. Maybe you misremembered it or mixed it up with another watch?
    Maybe remembered it wrong... It is definitely real, as we took it in to another AD to ask about the part exchange price and they took it to the back assuming they were checking it and came out with a price of £1200, plus her dad bought it from an AD....

I think the number on the tag is the serial, as it is also on the guarantee paper.
    Last edited by Rolo; 2nd May 2017 at 18:24.

Maybe remembered it wrong... It is definitely real, as we took it in to another AD to ask about the part exchange price and they took it to the back assuming they were checking it and came out with a price of £1200, plus her dad bought it from an AD....

I think the number on the tag is the serial, as it is also on the guarantee paper.
    If you phone Roles St James they should be able to give you the model number and you can also let them know its stolen at the same time.
    Hope you wife can find a suitable replacement

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    If you phone Roles St James they should be able to give you the model number and you can also let them know its stolen at the same time.
    Hope you wife can find a suitable replacement
    Thanks for your help! If we can get the money back from our insurance, we'd need to use it on a security system...

Thanks for your help! If we can get the money back from our insurance, we'd need to use it on a security system...
    I have found them to be very helpful in the past. They may require a crime reference number.