closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex sports availability on the rise?

Rolex sports availability on the rise?

Since last Wednesday when the Basel releases were unveiled it appears that the AD's in the UK are getting much more of the rare or hard to come by stainless steel sport models.

3 of my friends who, granted, were on the waiting list for the Ceramic Daytona since Basel 2016 all got the call in the last 2 weeks to say there was a watch for them and another friend who expressed interest in a BLNR at Christmas got the call this week.

It seems that waiting is paying off in a lot of cases. I have been offered 3 (not new from AD) 116610LV's at rrp since I put my WTT for my 114060 sadly non wanted to px!

Wishing I'd accepted the deal 4 weeks ago that someone offered me for my 114060 and 1601 1987 DJ for their 116600 SDc. We live and learn!

Where were they on the lists when they got their name down?

Grand Master
    Yes here's definitely a lot more about judging by enquiries and purchases I'm making

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    RIAC

Master
    My local AD (the only one in NI) tells me that list for the new ceramic Daytona is closed at 15 years and that they are not opening a list for the SD43.

End of quarter...

Banned
    I'm still struggling to find steel sports models at the moment , GMT 2 or date subs new are very hard to come by . Most dealers are telling that the weak pound is driving buyers from abroad

Seikoboy

Craftsman
    If this is true, then that's good news for me as i am trying to decide between a BLNR or explorer I. Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I do hope so, might mean I get a Daytona before the year's out.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seikoboy View Post
    I'm still struggling to find steel sports models at the moment , GMT 2 or date subs new are very hard to come by . Most dealers are telling that the weak pound is driving buyers from abroad

Seikoboy
    WoS in Canary Wharf had the GMT 2 in the window the other week. Not there now but give them a call. You never know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

just picked up my ceramic Daytona in black was on the list for a year...................really happy.

Master
    I had to wait less than 6 months for my BLNR which arrived 2 weeks ago.

Master
    Rolex make watches in batches rather than churning out all of their tool watches continuously.

You'll probably find that Rolex had recently produced a batch of Daytonas hence guys getting calls from their ADs.

I have seen a black GMT at a few ADs recently and that's unusual.

As for BLNR I never see them in Windows, but added to some lists I'm sure one can be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    My local AD (the only one in NI) tells me that list for the new ceramic Daytona is closed at 15 years and that they are not opening a list for the SD43.
    I enquired last August at this AD about a Hulk, only to be told they were ultra rare and the list for them had 14 names on it already. I asked them to add my name, thinking nothing would come of it. Then in November I get a call, saying one has come in did I want it. I picked it up the next day.

Either they got a job lot of Hulks in, or everyone else on the list passed, or they are full of old flannel. I believe it is the latter.

NI is a small place and the demand for new Rolex has to be fairly small. I doubt anyone will be waiting 15 years for a Daytona here.

Master
    I had much the same experience with a BLNR recently and a Deep Blue in 2015. Told the wait would be aeons but turned out not to be.

Master
    I find that engineering rarity in a mass-produced product that is made in millions is a very cynical and manipulative marketing exercise, purely to create an artificial demand.
    They are after all, wristwatches, and the prices are already stratospherically high for what they are, such that the real value of the watch is in it's investment value rather than the practical value.
    I'm not playing their game anymore.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wainy001 View Post
    just picked up my ceramic Daytona in black was on the list for a year...................really happy.
    Who's list were you on?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    WoS in Birmingham today had Explorers 1 and 2 and various Sub-types (didn't have time to attempt an identification) and Goldsmiths at Meadowhall Sheffield had Daytonas last weekend, although a chatty salesman did say that overseas visitors were turning up with hard cash on a daily basis because of the weak pound. He also suggested that several non-specific manufacturers were already considering further price increases, but wouldn't be drawn on who, how much or when.
    One day maybe the domestic bubble will burst?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I enquired last August at this AD about a Hulk, only to be told they were ultra rare and the list for them had 14 names on it already. I asked them to add my name, thinking nothing would come of it. Then in November I get a call, saying one has come in did I want it. I picked it up the next day.
    Think they pulled that 14 out of their arse 😂😂

Master

Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    I find that engineering rarity in a mass-produced product that is made in millions is a very cynical and manipulative marketing exercise, purely to create an artificial demand.
    They are after all, wristwatches, and the prices are already stratospherically high for what they are, such that the real value of the watch is in it's investment value rather than the practical value.
    I'm not playing their game anymore.
    Fair point to be honest but it's been like this for a while now which is why I have also started to look into makes like Sinn more now which I feel are a way better value for money brand?? I still have Rolex and I am also looking for a Hulk so I am trapped in their self created PR plan!!!

Chris

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I have seen a black GMT at a few ADs recently and that's unusual.

As for BLNR I never see them in Windows, but added to some lists I'm sure one can be had.
    As per my post, not unusual at all. It's how they manufacture them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Fair point to be honest but it's been like this for a while now which is why I have also started to look into makes like Sinn more now which I feel are a way better value for money brand?? I still have Rolex and I am also looking for a Hulk so I am trapped in their self created PR plan!!!

Chris
    Hulk currently on SC

Rolex sports availability on the rise?

I spoke to a Goldsmiths store today and they said 8 years for a black dial Daytona. In reality she had absolutely no idea what she was saying as she did not know how many they were receiving of any colour and just guessed.

There was 25 on the list so her guess was probably about right! So I guess, if your name was not down in time you are still not getting a DaytonaC just now.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    I spoke to a Goldsmiths store today and they said 8 years for a black dial Daytona. In reality she had absolutely no idea what she was saying as she did not know how many they were receiving of any colour and just guessed.

There was 25 on the list so her guess was probably about right! So I guess, if your name was not down in time you are still not getting a DaytonaC just now.
    I'm sure I read somewhere on the forum, that someone had the option of the white and black dial daytona C and was asking which one they should choose, so doubt those lists are first come first served.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk