closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Not in the bag yet, and not the best by a distance.
    You looked good yesterday Tony (best of the rest?)…. And have many fine players (too much focus on Kane and Ali though)…. Not sure Spurs are the finished article yet though and can see Chelsea continuing their canter towards the championship…

We'll see though!

Yes, it was a great performance and the score line flattered Everton. We're very strong at home.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it was a great performance and the score line flattered Everton. We're very strong at home.
    9 in a row…. Good time to have a season ticket!

Blog Entries
    Tony agree looking good and Harry is flying no doubt getting ready for that move to Man U Ali is also going well but what is that goal celebration between them about? my Wife and Son are happy Spuds right now and a finish above that other mob will be appreciated.
    Like i said still a way to go and tonight all you Spurs and City fans will be hoping that "Donkey" Andy has a good game.

Master
    Just walked past Slimani in Burlington arcade. He's a big dude !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Just walked past Slimani in Burlington arcade. He's a big dude !
    He's a unit and like him a lot as a player... we missed him massively when he went of to AFCON

Might struggle to start now we are back to last years team...

Journeyman
    Football is quickly becoming my least favourite sport! Really embarrassing. Leicester should be ashamed of themselves! Just hope the board at Arsenal do the right thing and put a plan in place. Yes. It's time for him to leave and yes He's not bigger the club but he made the club!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
    Football is quickly becoming my least favourite sport! Really embarrassing. Leicester should be ashamed of themselves! Just hope the board at Arsenal do the right thing and put a plan in place. Yes. It's time for him to leave and yes He's not bigger the club but he made the club!
    Chelsea did the same to Mourinho but just because it is Leicester and cuddly Claudio people see it differently. I think a lot of last season was based on what had gone before. Claudio sensibly not changing things too much and being great at taking the pressure off and a fair dollop of good fortune in how the big clubs were. Let's face it he wanted Inler and had to be persuaded to take Kante!! From what I gather Claudio then started to change things. He sacked the sport psychologist saying men did not need one. He fell out with the medical staff. Changed tactics practiced all week on the day of the match. Left training early. So as normal there is more to it than meets the eye. At the end of the day it is all now a serious money business and owners who have paid out over £100M to stabilise the club aren't likely it be swayed by sentiment for too long. Results to date seem to indicate it was the right decision as we were going down no question to that point.

Master
    I wish Steve Gibson would give the hapless Karanka his marching orders. The Championship beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I wish Steve Gibson would give the hapless Karanka his marching orders. The Championship beckons.
    He will get the boot quite soon I think. His tactics yesterday along with his teams thuggishness were disgraceful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    He will get the boot quite soon I think. His tactics yesterday along with his teams thuggishness were disgraceful.
    Spent a considerable amount of money on Jordan Rhodes, whereupon he doesn't play him. Offloaded to Sheffield Wednesday during the last transfer window. Spend another significant amount on Patrick Bamford during the same transfer window. However he doesn't see any first team action - likewise Stuart Downing - as they aren't "fighters". Go figure.

Everyone raves about Steve Gibson as he is so loyal towards his managers. Actually he's a muppet for allowing this situation to continue.

Blog Entries
    Chelsea did the same to Mourinho but just because it is Leicester and cuddly Claudio people see it differently. I think a lot of last season was based on what had gone before. Claudio sensibly not changing things too much and being great at taking the pressure off and a fair dollop of good fortune in how the big clubs were. Let's face it he wanted Inler and had to be persuaded to take Kante!! From what I gather Claudio then started to change things. He sacked the sport psychologist saying men did not need one. He fell out with the medical staff. Changed tactics practiced all week on the day of the match. Left training early. So as normal there is more to it than meets the eye. At the end of the day it is all now a serious money business and owners who have paid out over £100M to stabilise the club aren't likely it be swayed by sentiment for too long. Results to date seem to indicate it was the right decision as we were going down no question to that point.
    A bit harsh?

Yes, he was smart enough to keep what he had, but, don't estimate what he brought to the party

- switched to 442
    - brought in two defensive fullbacks
    - recognised very quickly that Kante was awesome and dropped bringing on Inler (who's a good player - but, not here)
    - Made big calls at the right time - Schlupp in when Vardy was banned, subs on early making an impact (too many times to mention)
    - relieving the pressure from his team with such mastery of the press conference and I suspect man management

Good fortune and a 10 point winning margins doesn't correlate and you can only beat the teams you come up against in the league (admittedly many didn't bring their 'A' game that season)

He has been loyal to players this year, but, has undoubtedly got things wrong... the detail is conjecture

There seems to be a trend for a revisionist view of his time here amongst many fans and pundits and it diminishes what he really achieved

Claudio is my hero and I'm still very sad

Anyway... we've just announced Shakespeare until the end of the season - smart move!

Hopefully shakespear can carry on how he has started...still feel for claudio but results are the managers bread and butter...when they dry up it gets stale and a new loaf is required...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    A bit harsh?

Yes, he was smart enough to keep what he had, but, don't estimate what he brought to the party

- switched to 442
    - brought in two defensive fullbacks
    - recognised very quickly that Kante was awesome and dropped bringing on Inler (who's a good player - but, not here)
    - Made big calls at the right time - Schlupp in when Vardy was banned, subs on early making an impact (too many times to mention)
    - relieving the pressure from his team with such mastery of the press conference and I suspect man management

Good fortune and a 10 point winning margins doesn't correlate and you can only beat the teams you come up against in the league (admittedly many didn't bring their 'A' game that season)

He has been loyal to players this year, but, has undoubtedly got things wrong... the detail is conjecture

There seems to be a trend for a revisionist view of his time here amongst many fans and pundits and it diminishes what he really achieved

Claudio is my hero and I'm still very sad

Anyway... we've just announced Shakespeare until the end of the season - smart move!
    Not harsh at all. It's just the way it is. People are daft if they think any manager, bar Wenger, has any shelf live these days. Sad but true. Any City fan will be forever grateful to Claudio but at the end of the day he was one of the pieces that won the title. Tbh I could dine out on the title for the rest of my life now whatever league we were in but I'm simply stating there are always two sides and I doubt we will ever know the real truth. I would also point out that as far as I am concerned the players should be ashamed of their performances especially the difference post Claudio. No way was it possible for things to change that much just from him not being there a few days.

Blog Entries
    I would also point out that as far as I am concerned the players should be ashamed of their performances especially the difference post Claudio. No way was it possible for things to change that much just from him not being there a few days.
    On this point we can agree…

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    On this point we can agree…
    Exactly what happened to Mourinho at Chelsea.

It's all about player power nowadays and managers don't stand a chance once they have lost the dressing room.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    indicates that a fair bit of what I heard was true. All a bit strange why the whole thing changed so quickly. Then again history suggests he was never likely to stay that long.

Blog Entries
    Sad if true…. I don't know if we'll properly know the full story? The 'butter throwing' incident was reported yesterday too…. Not sure how these things are getting out, or what agenda it is trying to drive?

Anyway - massive game tonight COYB!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Exactly what happened to Mourinho at Chelsea.

It's all about player power nowadays and managers don't stand a chance once they have lost the dressing room.
    Depends how the club is run of course, but, I suspect you have a point

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie

Anyway - massive game tonight COYB!!!

[COLOR="silver"
    - - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Depends how the club is run of course, but, I suspect you have a point

Doing well so far. Nasri off great chance now

Jesus Christ ,Leicester city in the Q finals of the champions league!

Blog Entries
    Just congrats well deserved and in sacking Ranieri as a CFC supporter totally correct

I am not a football supporter but I am genuinely pleased for LCFC.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman View Post
    Jesus Christ ,Leicester city in the Q finals of the champions league!
    Totally deserved, what a performance by the whole team.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well worth stopping in tonight to watch that. Great game, well done FOXES

Master
    When yer name is on the cup.... Top performance. Whatever the rights or wrongs of the sacking of Claudio it is hard not to think it was the right thing to do.

Last 8 against some fantastic and historic clubs but well deserved i feel that the big teams will be a little worried facing an underdog in the next round

Blog Entries
    Wow wee.... that was intense...

What a massive performance

Feel proud again

It's so sad that Ranieri had to go to get a reaction, but, we were just immense again

3 on the bounce for Shakespeare

We are in the last 8 of the champions league... so much for LCFC ruining the English leagues coefficient!!!

Terrific performance by Leicester, had Vardy not missed a couple of absolute sitters it could have been a lot less nail-biting at the end!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Terrific performance by Leicester, had Vardy not missed a couple of absolute sitters it could have been a lot less nail-biting at the end!
    I felt like helping him out when he started punching himself... would have saved me a massive amount of anxiety

Congratulations to Leicester!

They are like their old selves under new management.

Pity we have got them at the weekend.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    So just who embarrassed English football in Europe

So just who embarrassed English football in Europe
    Only one left in it..
    Cant wait for the draw Friday morning

Blog Entries
    Only one left in it..
    Cant wait for the draw Friday morning
    So exciting.... they're all massive teams at this stage

Keeping the Flag flying for English Prem!!!

All those patronising articles and comments... chow down on that humble pie Arsene

Final 8 is a massive achievement

I was under the TIFO, so didn't see it, but, checked out the pics - let slip the dogs of war - we've some amazing fans who are sucking up every second of this
    Last edited by Wolfie; 16th March 2017 at 11:11.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Congratulations to Leicester!

They are like their old selves under new management.

Pity we have got them at the weekend.
    Every chance of beating us on Saturday…. I think our team are likely to be a bit hungover!!!

Blog Entries
    Athletico....

I was there... I remember being cheated... I want revenge (and a semi final slot)

Craftsman
    I am a neutral, but as much as I liked Ranieri...