closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Formula 1 2017

Hybrid View

Doesn't give much away, does it?

Sauber will be first out of the blocks with their launch due next Tuesday, followed by Mercedes on Thursday with Ferrari and McLaren on Friday. These teams are taking advantage of the rule which allows a certain number of "Filming" days during the season to shake the cars down before the first pre-season test which starts at Barcelona on Monday 27th.

And just to prove myself wrong, here is an actual schedule of confirmed 2017 car launches:

Date Team (model name) Launch venue
    Tuesday, 21 February Renault (RS17) London, England
    Wednesday, 22 February Force India (VJM10) Silverstone race circuit, England
    Wednesday, 22 February Sauber (C36) Barcelona, Spain
    Thursday, 23 February Mercedes, (W08) Silverstone race circuit, England
    Friday, 24 February Ferrari Fiorano race circuit, Italy
    Friday, 24 February McLaren (MCL32) Woking, England
    Sunday, 26 February Toro Rosso (STR12) Barcelona, Spain

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sauber 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Apart from the air intake, dorsal fin engine cover and silly stubby nose cone, that is a looker. Glad to see Sauber paid someone to design their livery this year

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries

Williams 2017 (albeit computer rendering)

It's a shame that sponsorship is notable only by its absence on the new Sauber.. I suspect that Mercedes may have contributed in order to secure the seat for Pascal Wehrlein (who will miss the first pre-season test next week, having injured his neck in that rather bizarre incident during the Race of Champions), and Ericsson brings some money, but 2017 will be a long year for Sauber, who will be using 2016 Ferrari power units.

Renault will launch their car today, and it will be interesting to see whether they have reconfigured their power unit along the lines of Mercedes, given that they will also power Red Bull (badged as TAG Heuer) and Toro Rosso. The abandonment of the token system was intended to allow the engine suppliers to get on terms with Mercedes and reduce their advantage. I doubt that the guys at Brixworth have been idle over the winter, though.

More car launches will follow in the next few days and next week the track at Barcelona will be awash with Flo-vis paint as the teams try to figure out the real-world aerodynamics of the new cars.

...and here's the Renault

Edit: better picture

Last edited by hogthrob; 21st February 2017 at 16:55.

I didn't really notice with the Williams, but the rear wings this year are tiny.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

Now that looks good.