closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex Sub 14060M

The watch I've bought is a 1990 14060 on a Nato and came with: an Empty Green box, Outer Card box, Red Tag.

This is a keeper and I'd like to complete the set like the image below.

Which means I'm missing the cloth and cushion, anchor, booklets, calendar (1990) and booklet/s.

If anyone has spares and are willing to sell or give (I'll donate to the fundraiser) for any of the above bits that will complete my set I'd be grateful.

Chris.

Craftsman
    Just saw Watch Centre have a 4-liner for over 5k - particularly strong price for a used 14060M.

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Just saw Watch Centre have a 4-liner for over 5k - particularly strong price for a used 14060M.
    If I was spending that kind of dough on a 14060, it would have to be the 2 liner for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Seems Watchfinder have sold at a similar price.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/S...860/item/82172

Looks like upwards of £5k is the new benchmark for a mint, full set.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Seems Watchfinder have sold at a similar price.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/S...860/item/82172

Looks like upwards of £5k is the new benchmark for a mint, full set.
    And the rest, watches.co.uk have two, one for £5.8k and one fresh back from a full Rolex service with stickers still on for... wait for it... £6.3k.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    And the rest, watches.co.uk have two, one for £5.8k and one fresh back from a full Rolex service with stickers still on for... wait for it... £6.3k.

I nearly swore then Ken. Someone is taking the pi$$ !

Master

Cool

Goodness they have gone up,sold my 14060M on here June 2015 for £2900.

Serious question: should the insurance be informed of the change in value? Is it our responsibility, or theirs? anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Serious question: should the insurance be informed of the change in value? Is it our responsibility, or theirs? anyone knows?
    I think it is your responsibility to determine insurance levels and adjust as necessary as the value of your treasures rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think it is your responsibility to determine insurance levels and adjust as necessary as the value of your treasures rocket.
    Thank you. My 'treasure' has not left my wrist since I acquired it and whilst I am not exactly Bear Grills, it is living a good life with sailing and snorkelling on holidays, oyster farming in SW France, etc...
    But I will notify my insurer.

I am pretty sure that Austin Kaye sold a mint 4 liner for £6995 in the run up to Christmas..it wasn't on their site for long either...

When I first joined the forum and was a bit clueless (still am) I posted a thread asking for opinions on my next purchase. It was between a COSC Sub and a 36mm Explorer 1. A rather outspoken former member, name beginning with a B and ending in 66 (he'll be back one day) sent me a private message with some sound advice that the Sub was a better buy.

The rest is history and I still own it to this day. I owe that man a beer me thinks

Craftsman
    Love my two liner with lug holes. It's the only watch apart from my first proper watch that I've never been tempted to flip.

WoS we're going to charge £30 for handling it for a service - not had one since I've had it. So today I took it to the Rolex Service Centre in St James. All I can say about that place is it's quite amazing - you can certainly see why new Rolexes cost so much - all those overheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    If I was spending that kind of dough on a 14060, it would have to be the 2 liner for me.
    +1 More balanced watch in terms of looks :-)

Master
    Wow, hadn't realised prices had moved like that - I always expect the phrase snowballing to be falling lol. Had a moment of 'oh arse, bought the wrong watch', then read further.

A pleasant surprise for what was going to be my 40th birthday present to myself. Luckily with them being discontinued, I brought the purchase forward to get one while still in stock & then purchased another couple of 40th watches due to this place!

Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    +1 More balanced watch in terms of looks :-)
    Perfectly balanced.

Craftsman

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Perfectly balanced.
    I love it on that particular nato :-) enjoy in good health :-)

Master
    One of my favourite Rolex. Unfortunately my 20 year old has decided that that is what he would like for his 21st next year.
    So the hunt for 1997 two liner starts here.

4-liner for me

Master
    I stumbled upon a 2 liner today in a pawn shop. I'd popped in as they had a few nice watches in the window. 2 x 5513s but both had issues and service parts and the cheapest was £6k.

I've not followed 14060 prices so thought his was a bit toppy at mid 3k for a clean yet incomplete set. Seems it could be about right.

Craftsman
    I would be back in to get that if I lived near Glasgow. I wonder if they would post it to me?

Journeyman
    Being new and trying to get my head around everything! I am interested in getting a Sub BUT see all the different 2 line 4 line etc. OK some of those with Red Submariner have stratospheric prices but there are two (or were) 14060s in MJwatches. One a 2 line and there is still a 4 line! Besides the obvious, 2 lines, what is the difference!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimnic007 View Post
    I would be back in to get that if I lived near Glasgow. I wonder if they would post it to me?
    I plan on going back in and making sure it all checks out. Only problem is that I annoyed the guy a bit yesterday when I couldn't hide my surprise as his price for a ropey 5513.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Being new and trying to get my head around everything! I am interested in getting a Sub BUT see all the different 2 line 4 line etc. OK some of those with Red Submariner have stratospheric prices but there are two (or were) 14060s in MJwatches. One a 2 line and there is still a 4 line! Besides the obvious, 2 lines, what is the difference!
    This thread is useful
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...4060-to-14060M

I'm very much a novice when it comes to submariners and a complete beginner with all other Rolex models. My interest has only really been in 5513's and 14060's and even at that there is a lot to learn.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    I plan on going back in and making sure it all checks out. Only problem is that I annoyed the guy a bit yesterday when I couldn't hide my surprise as his price for a ropey 5513.
    Be interested to hear if it all checks out, but you don't want to buy it, as I am keen.
    Thanks and good luck.
    James

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    Sounds like the job for a half link
    No! Doesn`t solve the problem.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimnic007 View Post
    Be interested to hear if it all checks out, but you don't want to buy it, as I am keen.
    Thanks and good luck.
    James
    It checked out as much as my knowledge allows me to check such a watch. 2000 model so I guess it's superluminova, had the "Swiss made" dial. Not a full set but did have a guarantee certificate with punched numbers and came in the green wood/leather box with cushion. No other bumf. I did ask but the guy said there was nothing else with it but he'd throw in an outer box from another watch which he suspected was a copy (the outer box, not the watch).

I tried for movement in the price but the guy hates me. Left a deposit none the less. I was happy with the condition of the watch above all else, bit of stretch in the bracelet and general light wear marks.
    Last edited by mowflow; 14th February 2017 at 15:47.

Craftsman
    Sounds great, if you are not bonding with it, please give me a shout.
    Any pics?

Master
    A quick phone snap on our first outing.

There's the odd wee knick and graze on the brushed surfaces of the lugs, the bezel has the odd we mark but no major scratches or chips and the crystal is unmarked. I was amazed to see the lure still bright when i got up this morning. It's an A serial number which seems to suggest it was produced in 1999 and paperwork has it first sold in March 2000 so i'm not sure if that means it's a 3000 or 3130. So far it seems to be keeping good time (i'm not one for timing to the second)

Master
    Very nice.... I record 14060M versions (denoting the 3130 calibre movement) as beginning in the P-series of case numbers, so what you have is almost certainly a 14060 with the 3000 calibre.

Classic, enjoy !

Haywood

Master
    Thank you. Good to have that confirmed by someone who "knows their onions".

Craftsman
    Excellent work on finding that one, it looks great. Wear it in good health.
    All the best,

Craftsman

Mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    A quick phone snap on our first outing.

There's the odd wee knick and graze on the brushed surfaces of the lugs, the bezel has the odd we mark but no major scratches or chips and the crystal is unmarked. I was amazed to see the lure still bright when i got up this morning. It's an A serial number which seems to suggest it was produced in 1999 and paperwork has it first sold in March 2000 so i'm not sure if that means it's a 3000 or 3130. So far it seems to be keeping good time (i'm not one for timing to the second)

One day I will fulfill my dream. :-))

Master
    Lovely watch. Well bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk