closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arghh, why do I keep wanting a Breitling aerospace or b1..?!

I want to like the Aerospace, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to choose one over an X-33.

Blog Entries

Arghh, why do I keep wanting a Breitling aerospace or b1..?!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I want to like the Aerospace, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to choose one over an X-33.
    That's exactly how I feel about the (original) X-33.
    I want to like it - but I keep thinking it's just a bit fugly.
    Hence my choice for this Evo.

It'd be boring if we all thought alike.

z

Sent from a phone using this app
    TZ-UK app
    Last edited by zelig; 18th January 2017 at 22:19.

It's no surprise to me that people like the B-1. Mine was bought new in 2006 and has been consistently less than one second slow at every clock change (GMT-BST-GMT) since then. In other words it's consistently between one and two seconds a year slow every year since new. It's a wonderful watch which still puts a smile on my face after all these years whenever I wear it.

I prefer the hands and form factor of the 42mm Aerospace not to mention the Pro 2 slanted bracelet. Here is mine:

Nothing else to add to what already has been said. These are terrific watches if you are into Ti, light and high end Quartz. Literally this was my only watch for a few years after taking a hiatus from watches and selling off other pieces. I can happily live with this one. It does everything you need a watch to do with no fuzz.

Admittedly is not to everyone's taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's exactly how I feel about the (original) X-33.
    I want to like it - but I keep thinking it's just a bit fugly.
    Hence my choice for this Evo.

It'd be boring if we all thought alike.

z

Sent from a phone using this app
    TZ-UK app
    Not a fan of the original X33. Prefer the new one sans the Hello Kitty dial cut out.

I still think Breitling does this type of watch better.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Try an used one. If you don't like it you can always flip with little risk.

Blog Entries
    Love the aerospace and particularly the Advantage variant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You're not alone. I scratched my aerospace itch with a Tag chronotimer - same movement but the itch is still there!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomDavoren View Post
    You're not alone. I scratched my aerospace itch with a Tag chronotimer - same movement but the itch is still there!!
    The movement in the Tag is a derivative of the ETA family but lacks the thermocompensation feature found in the caliber 79 in the Breitling Aerospace. There are other subtle but significant differences between the 2.

Having said that I handled one with the yellow dial and steel bracelet and it is a very nice watch for the money. It is a shame they discontinued them. Pretty decent model for a Tag.

Last edited by Lostintime; 18th January 2017 at 23:13.

You learn something every day.

I have to say it's been a great beater, black dial on bracelet. It goes most places with me.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Have you tried a B-1? (I feel I should know this...)

I feel much the same about the Aerospace.

M.
    Good memory! Before I bought the Aerospace I was musing on a thread about trying out a Breitling ana-digi and one of my options at the time was a B1. In many ways I wish that's what I'd done - apart from being steel (and therefore actually weighing something!), I notice the B1 has pushers, so presumably you aren't forced to put up with all that bloody crown twiddling...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Good memory! Before I bought the Aerospace I was musing on a thread about trying out a Breitling ana-digi and one of my options at the time was a B1. In many ways I wish that's what I'd done - apart from being steel (and therefore actually weighing something!), I notice the B1 has pushers, so presumably you aren't forced to put up with all that bloody crown twiddling...

Simon

Simon,

Take a look at the B50. Titanium case but at 46mm it has plenty of wrist presence and feels substantial yet very comfy. Easy to use crown + pushers. I have had mine close to a year and no issues. Cracking watch:

Before this I had an Airwolf and while nice watch I found the case and bracelet to be more heavy that it actually needed to be. Only 50m water resist vs 100m for the B50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Simon,

Take a look at the B50. Titanium case but at 46mm it has plenty of wrist presence and feels substantial yet very comfy. Easy to use crown + pushers. I have had mine close to a year and no issues. Cracking watch:

Before this I had an Airwolf and while nice watch I found the case and bracelet to be more heavy that it actually needed to be. Only 50m water resist vs 100m for the B50.

Ooh, 46mm - my kinda watch. If I decide to give ana-digi another go (I'm still a bit put off, tbh) I could definitely be tempted by that.

Mind you who am I kidding - I've just ordered a brand new Doxa so I'm currently totally tapped out...

Simon