Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
I agree that a hand winding PRS-5 is ideal, but the problem is a lack of suitable movements unfortunately. The Seagull and Poljot movements have had their own issues and NOS Valjoux 7733, 7734 and 7730 movements are rare and expensive nowadays. The situation is not any better with modern movements either. Even before Swatch Group started restricting the supply of ETA movements, they set about discontinuing less common members of the 7750 family such as the 7760 and 7765.

Hamilton have an asymmetric case Khaki Pilot Pioneer Chronograph with a biocompax H-31 movement (Valjoux 7753 base), but it's bigger than the PRS-5. They also make the quartz version with subdials at 6 and 10. I have both dial colours of the latter and like them a lot. I'd like an auto version, but haven't got round it it yet.

Apart from the CWC chronographs, Hamilton currently appear to be the brand making the watches most similar to the PRS-5. There are also the MWC chronographs, of course, but I'm not sure that they are highly regarded.
Isn't it a shame that there's no one in the UK that could do it?