closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Westworld

Hybrid View

Master
    All I have seen so far is boobies and cowboy stuff. Haven't seen any of the timelines or intricate plots etc.............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    All I have seen so far is boobies and cowboy stuff. Haven't seen any of the timelines or intricate plots etc.............

That would be the best programme tagline for me.... Boobies and cowboy stuff. Great phrase.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    "What door"

Master
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the cameo nod to Yul's original MIB in last weeks episode when Bernard was looking for the terminal in the abandoned level.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7403011.html
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 17th November 2016 at 21:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the cameo nod to Yul's original MIB in last weeks episode when Bernard was looking for the terminal in the abandoned level.

Saw it but wasn't sure enough to ask if anyone else had seen it. Was actually waiting for it to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Only just watched that episode and was just going to post about that.

Going to have to watch the original again.

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post
    Going to have to watch the original again.
    Funnily enough, I just watched the original film a few weeks ago (it was on one of the satellite channels).

It hasn’t aged particularly well! The idea is quite good though, which is obviously why it inspired the series, particularly when you add in a bit of Blade Runner/Philip K Dick “what is real, anyway”.

That and the ethics around AI.

The Dolores - Maeve meeting was great with all the subtext. Beginning to think one or both is following Ford's new narrative anyway they only have an illusion of freedom.

As to the 'weapon'...is it the failsafe that would allow them all out? Slow episode for sure but it's all building towards something, plus the tone was always likely to be different now we're not in the standard park.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post

I think you have a good point. I think people are getting a little carried away with Westworld and reading things into it that aren't really there. It very much reminds me of Lost, where the fanboy speculation was intense (albeit some of it quite clever and creative), even though it all turned out to be a load of bollocks in the end, as the writers hadn't a clue about half questions they raised, and simply said "it's magic".

I don't think it's as clever as some think.

I love it. I've not a clue what's going on...but am just enjoying each episode as it comes! I like 'The affair' also ...another great show.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I love it. I've not a clue what's going on...but am just enjoying each episode as it comes! I like 'The affair' also ...another great show.
    The Affair is genuinely great telly IMO. The multiple perspectives is a nice touch (bit like Boomtown, and uses the unreliable narrator very well), but I think it handles serious "adult" issues far better than just about anything else US TV has done for years.

Teaser

Master
    Wow - I have zero idea what Westworld is about from skimming this thread!

So after a slow start is it worth watching?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post

So after a slow start is it worth watching?
    Absolutely. But you need to have quiet to concentrate on it. There are so many (possible) twists and turns.

Blog Entries
    Been avoiding this thread due to spoilers/ wild speculation but I'm back up to speed now, stop killing the best characters! I wouldn't say it's a relaxing watch due to the concentration needed, everything in a scene is there for a reason, music, everything that's spoken and even clothes - dolores is dressed liked Alice in Wonderland and Bernard/ Albert is reading from the book in flashback. I'm sticking with all the techs being robots, the 2 main ones are named after cartoon cats - Felix and Sylvester.
    I've no idea how they're going to wrap up the series but it's going to involve Dolores killing Albert but haven't a clue what Maeve is going to do, robot army?
    It's very good but bloody hard to follow

Watched the 90-minute Season Finale (Episode 10) last night. Wow!

Here's an analysis, but only AFTER you've watched the finale:

http://deadline.com/2016/12/westworl...le-1201864136/

[QUOTE=Dazzler;4166856]Wow - I have zero idea what Westworld is about from skimming this thread!

So after a slow start is it worth watching?[/QUOTE]

I've said this a few times, I would say no.
    I got the feeling after watching around 90% of the first episode that this was going to like the tv show LOST where I invested a lot of time and stuck with it for every episode of all 6 series only to be let down badly at the end.

Ok, I'll admit that I've just started watching this, I'm up to episode 4 and it's a bit zany but I'm hanging on in there.

I got a couple of questions though...

Firstly - How many hosts/people get shot per episode ? It's gotta be up there with an Arny film pro rata....

Secondly - Does Dolores get her baps out at all ??

I've not figured out Ed Harris yet either.

"The Bicameral Mind" was very interesting, all 90 minutes of it.
    F.T.F.A.