closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ideas or help for this Tag?

Ideas or help for this Tag?

I bought this Tag, for the wife, from Rick on the forum but after a couple of weeks the pin came out of the bracelet. Just got it back from a dealer in Leeds who says they can't repair it as its too warn.
    Seems such a shame just to throw it so has anyone got any good ideas how it could be saved?

Master
    Blog Entries
    hes talking cobblers mate!

Just needs a new pin. Piece of pish job ( if you have the right pin).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yer should be easy once the pin is replaced, imo the pin might be reusable not 100% certain.

If it's like the later links (and I've no reason to believe otherwise), the end of the pin has a threaded hole in it and there should be a screw to screw in to it.

The pin passes through the narrow part of the links and the screw holds it together. The screw head then locates into a hole in the inner part of the outer section of the left hand link.

It's quite simple but clever but it does need the (missing) screw to hold it all together. The pin itself is an integral part of the link and not replaceable as far as I'm aware.

If you can't figure my ramblings out, I'll post a couple of pictures which may help.

Don't see where any screws go. It just looks like a normal spring bar to me but I'm obviously missing something.
    They said it was too warn to be repaired and all they could suggest was a new bracelet for more than the cost of a new watch!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yer deffo no screw, I wonder could the pin and bracelet be reclosed and araldited.

Looking at those photos, it is slightly different. You can glue them together as you'd never be able to separate it.

It does look worn but if you carefully straighten it then it should relocate into the hole and be a little more secure.

I actually bought a men's steel version of that watch brand new in the 80's and returned it as the bracelet kept coming apart. They swapped it for another and it did the same thing, so I got ky money back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is of use - a discussion thread on sizing these bracelets which seem to be friction fitted together:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=34872

You might need to track down a replacement link which should come with the pin in situ.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AKM; 13th August 2016 at 08:23.

Thanks for that AKM. Just what I needed. Perfect.

To me it looks like the bracelet is assembled link on link starting at the watch head then the final link at the clasp holds it all together, it looks like on one side there is a dimple pushed into the link to hold the pin and the other side a ball bearing or button pushed into the link to hold the pin ???

Banned
    "I bought this Tag, for the wife" What did the wife do to deserve that?

"so has anyone got any good ideas how it could be saved?" Deep six it and buy a decent watch for the wife.

"Deep six": "To dispose of, discard, or get rid of: “The board of directors deep-sixed the proposal without even reading it.” This phrase is derived from the noun “deep six,” meaning burial at sea and referring to the depth of water necessary for such a burial. The term was later used as slang for a grave (customarily six feet underground) and, by extension, as a verb meaning “to kill.”"
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/deep-six

Tag Heur customer services

It could well be worth an email to them
    Advise the sentiment
    I've always found them decent