closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival Linde Werdelin

Blog Entries

New arrival Linde Werdelin

I've fancied one of these for as long as I remember, but tend to favour bracelets over the rubber strap that normally adorns. So when Steve listed this, after a brief man maths session, I pinged a PM and it was on its way to a new home - mine.
    The watch doesn't disappoint, I put it straight on the bracelet and it's a perfect fit for my 8 1/4" inch wrist. The quality is superb and it feels much smaller on the wrist than it's dimensions would suggest. Everything about the watch screams quality and aesthetics, it really is striking. Add to this the fact that there are only 87 more out there in the big wide world and you have a level of exclusivity unheard of at this price point.
    All in all my immediate impressions are very good, the watch head, the bracelet, the strap changing system - all good.
    Is it a keeper? Who knows, but I am glad I managed to get hold of a watch that I've always wanted to own.
    Now a few average pictures of the watch on its bracelet as I know some asked on the SC thread.
    Thanks for reading
    James

Banned
    Glad it’s gone to an appreciative home!

The bracelet looks sublime, but just look at that date font - a design classic...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Glad it’s gone to an appreciative home!

The bracelet looks sublime, but just look at that date font - a design classic...
    Couldn't agree more mate. I love the way the numbers taper, just like a Zenith El Primero I used to have. It's a small thing but attention to detail is everything with design.

Lovely watch and the bracelet is just wonderful.
    I am easy to impress as some would guess given my defense of CW quality.
    But,IMO no other brand oozes quality as the earlier LW watches.
    It is just sublime.
    Steve, you couldn't get along with it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Steve, you couldn't get along with it?
    Loved it Raj, but have a brand new APROO Diver incoming and I needed to sell a few to justify the purchase.

Amazing watches from LW at a great price point and would whole heartedly recommend others to give them a look.

Master

Congrats!

Lovely watch, I picked up a Spidolite II Tech Green last week. So far it has received mixed reactions from people loving it to those asking which fairground I won it at

Master
    I was really tempted with this when I saw it too but never made my mind up in time. Looks good on you mate

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    The bracelet looks really cool on this watch and I was tempted, but I have noticed on your LW and on others that the Allen key heads (at the top left of the bracelet) can look a bit chewed up, are they difficult to remove? Sometimes the manufactures go a bit mad with the threadlock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    The bracelet looks really cool on this watch and I was tempted, but I have noticed on your LW and on others that the Allen key heads (at the top left of the bracelet) can look a bit chewed up, are they difficult to remove? Sometimes the manufactures go a bit mad with the threadlock.
    I hadn't even noticed, I think it's just the zoomed photo that makes it look worse.
    It certainly doesn't notice on the wrist though. I guess if it bothered me I'd get new ones from LW.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    In my experience, they are not difficult to remove and I Have been able to do bracelet / strap changed with ease.
    Initially seems daunting due to the set up but was surprised how easy it was.

Interesting watch - the picture of the bracelet at an angle gives me a sense of Omega Marine Chronometer DNA in that design

Looks great James, I was tempted with that one myself although I wanted to try and see one in person first as I don't think I've ever seen a Linde Werdelin watch in the flesh ever..... looks very distinctive.

The bracelet is a work of art, it's unlike any other I've tried. Here's my 3 Timer, it was traded on this forum. Wonder what happened to it.

Master
    Nice one! I really love mine!

Must try it on that bracelet, it looks very cool!

^^^^ @henrik

I had it, then it went onwards, who got it from me?

The bracelet is outstanding, and the rubber is also!

I'm really wanting one again!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Jeez, that's one heck of a cool watch. Together with the bracelet it gets MEAN!!

That's one watch I really must try....very jealous!

Master
    That bracelet!!! Looks like the lovechild of the bracelets from an Oysterquartz x Omega Lobster, think it looks great!!

In fact the whole thing looks substantial and quality, and yes the date font is fantastic!

Master
    Love that. What movement is in it? (Yes I could Google but I can't be arsed)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Love that. What movement is in it? (Yes I could Google but I can't be arsed)
    Thanks for all the positive comments guys - I still keep looking at my wrist for no real reason, the fist watch to displace my LVc for more than a day. As for the movement not a clue but I'd guess at a high grade eta something or other, it certainly winds smoothly by hand.

Journeyman
    apologies ....wanted to start new thread

Smashing - a watch with proper wrist presence and out of the ordinary. Enjoy!

I have to say...these upset me a lot...and mine can only be replaced by returning to Japan.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    I have to say...these upset me a lot...and mine can only be replaced by returning to Japan.

LW will send you a set of new screws for a few quid 😜. Don't know why they damage so quickly?

Master
    ^
    Wrong size allen key being used.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    ^
    Wrong size allen key being used.
    They supply an allen key with it, and it's made out of plastic...and still the screws get damaged. Strange.

Master
    Engineered plastic can be very rigid indeed, but if the correct size, then it shouldn’t make a mess of the bolts – even if users try to over-tighten them.

Journeyman
    thats a very nice watch that one, good choice