closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Rover Evoque Convertible

Craftsman

Range Rover Evoque Convertible

Spotted this in Wigan, initially noticed the "prototype vehicle" on the front, then clocked the soft top. I took a picture to show the good lady wife as she would like an Evoque as her next car. Sent her the pic via Wotsapp then googled the price, £47,500 for the base model when it gets launched.
    Guess she will have to wait a while.
    Last edited by Harleyrider; 14th April 2016 at 12:19.

I like the Evoque, but the 'very is a hideous thing reminiscent of my Daughter's Barbie car in the 90s...............

Master
    Nothing but ugly...at least a proper soft top car behind in black.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    I like the Evoque, but the 'very is a hideous thing reminiscent of my Daughter's Barbie car in the 90s...............
    I agree, it does resemble the short/chunky "Barbie-mobile" in some colour schemes, but in all gloss black with full black body trim I guess I could live with it.

I saw one of these a couple of months back in the Cotswolds. It takes an otherwise ugly car and converts it into purest ming.

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    I saw one of these a couple of months back in the Cotswolds. It takes an otherwise ugly car and converts it into purest ming.

This seems quite correct to me.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Probably the most confused car I've ever seen. It's hideous

Master
    They'll sell loads.

Craftsman
    Probably as close as most Evoque's get to the outdoors.

That is astonishingly bad.

I now realise their target market:

Not the pretiest car I've ever seen!!

Hateful cars, style over content.

Looks like a built-up shoe

Blog Entries
    It'll be the must-have accessory this Summer amongst the Wannabe crowd.

Master
    Saw one in person at the showroom whilst collecting my wife's car. Will add photo later they 6 people who put deposits down in the 90 minutes that I was at the showroom.

Range Rover Evoque Convertible

I've enjoyed both of our Evoques. The facelift one we just got with the 9 speed gear box is even better than the first one. Style is a subjective thing but I find it does have all the content I need from it, pretty well packaged in a car shorter than a Ford Focus.

I wondered if they would ever bring out the convertible. It's an appealing concept for me (e.g. the panoramic roof lightens the interior a lot, and an open top Defender was a lot of fun), but I could probably only tell if I liked it by driving one.

Master
    The Nissan Juke looks like it was crashed before leaving the factory, they still sell loads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Nothing but ugly...at least a proper soft top car behind in black.
    If you like girl's cars

It's meant for Cheshire wags with orange tans and Givenchy/ Dior velvet sweatpants

Craftsman
    I used to have an Evoque and it was a great car.

It was luxurious, comfortable (drove back from Brittany in a day without any discomfort) & economical (mine did about 42mpg over 10k and cost £130 a year to tax). I also handled regular off road really well and at the LR off road school did everything the Disco and other RRs could do.

I also thought it was quite stylish:

It was also also probably the cheapest car I've ever owned as over 2 years it lost about 10% of what I bought if for new when I sold it back to a Land Rover dealer.

Blog Entries
    My BiL has had one from new since 2012 and it has been very good. He is a LR fan and has had defenders/discos (2 and 3) and the Evoque has been the best of the lot. No problems and as Matt MM says, it does everything quite well.

I never liked them at first but the (exterior) styling has grown on me - the interior, like most LR products, has always been a nice place to spend time.

Horrendous in every aspect! Call me old and boring if you like!

That's not very nice to look at.

Reminds me of a scaled-up Fiat Ritmo Convertible.
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    I saw the same car in London a few weeks ago, didn't realise it was a prototype.

Hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    They'll sell loads.
    +1. Just not to me.

Thanks, a good review, it looks brilliant.

Master
    They'll sell loads because:

A. The poshqai is an entry level status symbol car
    B. People who buy status symbols want people to look at them

Interesting to note the sneering on this thread versus the favourable comments from present and former owners. Mrs Draftsmann ran one for three years, she is much more of a petrolhead than I will ever be and she much preferred it to the Merc ML she had previously. I've previously had a 2a and a Defender so I know about (and like) "proper" Land Rovers. I still think the Evoque is a good car though.

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    +1. Just not to me.

I agree not for me but like the original tin top it will sell in bucket loads

Shame JLR can still not sort out the reliability of their cars

I think anything topless should be skinny and sleek down below. If the bottom half's a bloater, leave the top on, please.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just cannot see the point of it, but it will sell simply for the posing set. I mean four wheel drive convertible the very wording is just plain wrong. I bought a new Evoque for the wife and ran it for 18 months and she loved it. Just showed her the pic on here, even she just said plain wrong
    Last edited by hilly10; 14th April 2016 at 16:54.

We had one of the 3 that are doing the rounds at all of the dealerships last week, being a prototype we weren't allowed to drive the car however we could prod and fiddle.

First things that are quite obvious is that the designers were keen not to lose a vast amount of boot space with the roof down, this has been achieved quiet well but with a drastic look on aesthetics in my opinion as the roof folds down and simply plonks on top which for me looks quite unsightly. The Saab 93 achieved it quite well but they seemed to have not compromised the 4 seats which a lot of convertibles do. The overall feel of the vehicle is the same with the same level of luxury however with an updated dash and touchscreen.
    The car is around 300kg heavier which apparently hasn't affected the off road capability, ground clearance seems the same but to me the car feels a lot larger.

Having spent an hour fiddling I feel that I should have to like the vehicle as let's face it they help to pay my mortgage but I don't. Will they sell in their thousands.....you bet you!!
    We apparently get our first ones in June so will posts some pics up then.

Edit...they do look better with the roof down btw.
    FFF

Reminds me of the Fiat punto convertible ! Hideous

Looks just like the old Suzuki Vitara convertibles driven around Essex by bright orange girls in the late 80's. Lots had huge aftermarket wheels fitted - I used to see Daniella 'my nose fell off' Westbrook of EastEnders 'fame' driving one back on the day. It suited her, which probably isn't much of a testimonial!
    I did like the regular hardtop version when they came out, but now they've become a common sight on the roads I just can't imagine driving one unless you're a hairdresser?

Master
    Here you go some photos, actually very nice, roof is quick and interior is lovely.

Its going to sell in bucket loads, and if I won the lottery tomorrow I would sooner chew off my own arms than buy one, target market, new money no style, 48mm+ wrist watch would be a perfect companion.

Looks better in white.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Its going to sell in bucket loads, and if I won the lottery tomorrow I would sooner chew off my own arms than buy one, target market, new money no style, 48mm+ wrist watch would be a perfect companion.

Another typically rational comment from you then number 2....

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Here you go some photos, actually very nice, roof is quick and interior is lovely.

That is just awful.

The roof would have to be quick in case anyone you knew came into line of sight.

And in white. FFS.

Sent from my starship orbiting Uranus.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Another typically rational comment from you then number 2....
    Wotevva, I'm guessing this is the correct vernacular, though my spelling probably shows its not something I ordinarily say.

Craftsman
    Sadly having money doesn't mean you have taste. The Evoque Convertible is a very vulgar car, I suspect a lot of the cars will be bought on PCP or lease and coming to the school run very soon.

They will be very popular with footballers and their WAGS, tomorrow night I will be going to the KC Stadium to watch Hull City. The player's cars are usually parked around the stadium, the cars of choice for the Tiger's players are Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports.

Aaaaaaaaa just showed it to Mrs... apparently our car is better BUT she she likes it. FML!

Master
    If you are blonde, tanned, gorgeous and probably female, this would be THE car to be seen in during the summer months.

As I am certainly none of the above, I can only see the car as pointless and unattractive. Won't stop them selling of course - I anticipate the dealers in Surrey and Cheshire will be overwhelmed with orderettes.

I don't have much of a problem with the tintop Ewok, other than the fact that it looks big, yet offers pretty poor internal accommodation and a ridiculously small rear window, and is often parked on grass verges or double yellow lines outside schools at 3pm.

Master
    As stated, obviously a huge target audience and will sell in droves.

Does that make it attractive and a car I'd want to buy?

NO.

Craftsman
    Personally i think it looks a cute car for a hairdresser. apart from that it is damn Fugly...

If Carling made April fools cars!

I am sure it will be immensely popular with third tier WAGs of third tier footballers.

A new contender for ugliest car of the year.