closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads Up: Obris Morgan Aegis

Heads Up: Obris Morgan Aegis

Hi all,

Done a quick search and can't see anyone has mentioned this.

Obris Morgan's new watch, the Aegis, is now available via their site as of today. My understanding is they tend to sell out of their watches very quickly so worth a mention on here.

I've heard a lot of positive things about the Explorer 2 but it wasn't quite for me.

The Aegis looks right up my alley so I've gone for it.

Blasted case, blue bezel and white lume dial plus an extra blue rubber strap.

Can't wait!

Details here: http://www.obrismorgan.com/aegis.html

Now I've gotta be patient!

Toby

Master
    Liking the white dial on the brushed case.

Journeyman
    Yeah, white face for me too. Seem very good value these?
    (oh, and cheers for the heads up Toby)
    Last edited by acis; 1st February 2016 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by acis View Post
    Seem very good value these?
    I've trusted this fact to the forum. There are some very good write ups on here if you search for Obris Morgan threads. Hopefully the Aegis will be as good value as the Explorers that have gone before it.

Worth pointing out that the white dial is a full lume dial. I've been on the hunt for a white dial watch recently. Never used to like them but it's become my "thing" recently! The full lume thing put me off a bit but I figure it's not a bucket load of money. I'm sure I'll get some of it back if I decide to sell.

Apparently I can expect a March delivery. Will post up here when it arrives!

Toby

Journeyman
    That's the thing about watches hitting that price point, even with a relatively large depreciation you're not actually losing all that much cash. It's a great price point to just dip in to and explore watch types (though I expect there'll be a sting for import duty to add on of course). Anyhow, I've 11 watches, down from 17, but never actually owned a diver style so finding this quite tempting ... will go search those other reviews.

Journeyman
    Never heard of this particular brand. But for the money you can't go wrong. I'm contemplating. ;)

Just bought one :-)

Can't see a price through my phone (tapatalk). How much are these up for?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    Can't see a price through my phone (tapatalk). How much are these up for?
    $279-$299, depending on finish

Master
    Really like that. I usually like their watches but can't figure why they usually produce such low numbers or just discontinue models and leave them on the site or are just crap at stock management.

They have a big following on WUS and Obris Morgan seems to a stock answer when it comes to good quality for value divers.

Great heads up! Like the OP, the Explorer 2 didn't quite hit the mark for me imo but this looks great. Love the bracelet. Just picked up an affordable diver from SC but maybe a swap around in order...

Because I bought some of their (highly recommended) Isofrane-clone straps, I got the notification e-mail too. The full lume PVD would be the one for me, gets me the Heuer Night diver type fix with modern lume, WR and size.
    I see it is only 10.5mm thick too
    Be warned, there are many Obris Morgan quality issues reported out there, but I understand their customer service is very good indeed.
    Dave

Master
    Seriously tempted by the white dialled version but ordered a diver yesterday and two watches in two days seems ridiculous.

I assume that with import taxes I will be looking at £250 ish for one of these, can anyone give me an idea of a comparison of where they think they are on quality? Comprable to a seiko monster?

Master
    Looks great but at almost 54mm lug to lug, I don't think it'll fit my tiny wrist so well

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Looks great but at almost 54mm lug to lug, I don't think it'll fit my tiny wrist so well
    Pouf

I've just ordered one. Straight to SC if it is too big lug to lug!

Brushed case, lume dial, steel bezel, black/blue hands.

I had an explorer 1 that was a tough looking watch and a pleasure to wear, then a dlc nevon on a butter soft tan suede strap, gorgeous but wore a little small.
    Great value for money I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    I've just ordered one. Straight to SC if it is too big lug to lug!

Brushed case, lume dial, steel bezel, black/blue hands.
    Good one Mike

I didn't order one yet, I reckon I'll have yours when you find it too big.
    For a totally different reason this is the same lug to lug as my ExPark Monte Carlo, so may well fit, it would fit me.
    Dave

ps - Obris M do not seem to declare values on shipping, so these may well arrive tax-free. My straps certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Good one Mike

I didn't order one yet, I reckon I'll have yours when you find it too big.
    Yep, hang on until mine is here and i'll let you know.

Master
    It is an intriguing watch and whilst I fancy a white faced diver, after a bit of research and pondering I will stick with Steinhart Ocean Titanium that I ordered yesterday. I look forward to seeing thoughts on these when they arrive but from what I have read they will have sold out by then and I will probably regret not buying one.
    Last edited by StuS; 1st February 2016 at 22:24.

A great value watch, I would get one but its bit too long from lug to lug.... :(

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I've just ordered the brushed, black bezel, black dial with the blue second hand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454366433.708808.jpg

I own an Explorer 1 of theirs and it's a great watch.

You can't go wrong for £200 ex duty tax.

Now, how to sneak it past the missus when it arrives....

I ordered a blasted one with blue second hand. I'm expecting it to be too long lug to lug, but you never know, the lugs do seem to slope down at quite an angle.

Journeyman
    Just ordered "Blasted Finishing, Blue Bezel Insert, Matte Blue Dial, White Font, Painted Handset(Neon Yellow), Black NBR Strap". As I'm still waiting for my Steinhart Ocean 44, this was a bit indulgent. But I noticed that all their previous watches sell out so I thought: now or never. I ordered the blue one because it reminded me of a Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon which I lusted after last year. Worth a punt at that price.

Master
    That is a serious lump of watch - 40g shy of TWO Rolex Subs. I suspect most of that is the somewhat impressive looking bracelet. Considering the weight and the size there's no way I could carry this off. I would struggle to commit anyway, as I had one of the first Explorer models and was very unimpressed with the build quality. That's going back 2 years now though, so perhaps they've upped their game since.

I quite like the look of these but continue to be irritated by the lack of a single photo on their website showing the whole face of the watch. What's that about?!

Simon

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I quite like the look of these but continue to be irritated by the lack of a single photo on their website showing the whole face of the watch. What's that about?!

Simon
    If you click on the thumbnail, it expands into a whole watch face photo.

I like the look of these but I only just manage to get away with the lug height of the Dreadnought Voyager and this may be a slight stretch.

Blog Entries
    Loving the lumi White dial version bead blasted

Thinking of placing an order this evening. Anyone going PVD?

What's the difference between the brushed and blasted finish? Can't really tell when I open the thumbnail. Is blasted more Sinn/Damasko finish?

Durability-wise, which is less prone to knocks and scratches?

Thanks,
    Jon

[QUOTE=Olly;3859967]If you click on the thumbnail, it expands into a whole watch face photo. QUOTE]

Aah right, so it does.

I feel a bit stupid now...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat View Post
    Just ordered "Blasted Finishing, Blue Bezel Insert, Matte Blue Dial, White Font, Painted Handset(Neon Yellow), Black NBR Strap". As I'm still waiting for my Steinhart Ocean 44, this was a bit indulgent. But I noticed that all their previous watches sell out so I thought: now or never. I ordered the blue one because it reminded me of a Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon which I lusted after last year. Worth a punt at that price.
    Having bought two Breitlings in less than 6 weeks, I need another watch like a hole in the head - but if I was to buy one of these it would be that one.

Oh, and I also already own an Ocean 44... you have good taste, Sir!

Simon

I fancy one of these,but I think I'll hold off ,I think they'll be plenty on sc in 3 months

Journeyman
    Damn they look good! Especially the Branco!

Heads Up: Obris Morgan Aegis

In case anyone has ordered a "custom" one, like I did, just check your email confirmation carefully.
    As mentioned above I wanted a blue bezel but it appears in the email the order has gone through as a stainless steel bezel.
    I've emailed them to confirm so hopefully all will be fine but thought it worth a heads up.

**ADDITION**

Had email from them to say there may be an error in the system. They have manually edited my order at their end so no harm done but definitely worth double checking your order!
    Last edited by tobywatches; 3rd February 2016 at 10:04.

The order book seems to have been closed.
    The "Add to Basket" button has been replaced with a "Re-Open End of April" button.

Dave

Journeyman
    Happy to report I've ordered one as well as i was keen to give them a go after missing out on the Explorer II.
    I went for brushed, black face & bezel with blue hand after speaking to my fashion consultant(15 yr old daughter;) )

just commenting on the quality issues its a worry but not a big one imho as i understand they have a good rep in sorting issues.
    In fact if memory serves me right i think theres a thread on here about a Explorer II crown issue

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I fancy one of these,but I think I'll hold off ,I think they'll be plenty on sc in 3 months
    You think? I got back my outlay and as I recall a little more when I sold my Expkorer 1. Don't be surprised if you regret that thought in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    You think? I got back my outlay and as I recall a little more when I sold my Expkorer 1. Don't be surprised if you regret that thought in a few months.
    I've been watching out for an explorer for months. It seems to me that once people have their hands on them they tend not to let go.

Done a quick search and can't see anyone has mentioned this.
    Probably because it looks like a Dreadnought rip off...

Lug to lug size is quite ridiculous at around 54mm.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post

Same here, pity as they're nice looking watches.

Apprentice
    Why the white dial had to be full lume :(

Quote Originally Posted by intelops View Post
    Why the white dial had to be full lume :(
    That was my feeling. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Been wanting a white dial watch for a while. It'll be on SC if it's not what I want!