closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen Altichron Eco-Drive - charging issues

Journeyman

Citizen Altichron Eco-Drive - charging issues

Long time lurker,

I recently purchased a Citizen Altichron from dutyfreeisland as my first 'proper' watch - and while i'm impressed with it, it seems it won't increase its charge?

As you can see from the photo below, it's charge is between the 2 and 3 marks on the charge dial / meter - I have exposed it to diffused / indirect sunlight for at least 24 hours in total and yet the charge refuses to increase?

Here is the charge meter 2 days ago and it's pretty much the same now :

As it was a Christmas present from my partner to myself, I only opened it on Christmas Day, and as of today its out of the 30 day return policy that Duty Free Island provide (i've contacted them as of today and am waiting their response)

Broken or am I an idiot?

I don't think that you're giving it long enough, especially at this time of year.

At least one of my kinetic watches was sat on a window ledge for a couple of weeks or so before it went up to maximum charge.

Yes, I agree. I think some sunshine as opposed to gloomy daylight on a windowsil will make a difference. Isn't it also warrantied anyway regardless of the 30 day return period?

Master
    Yes definitely give it more time. I've found that placing or wearing a solar watch outside rather than placing in a window charges it quicker and this time of year will take longer anyway. I really wouldn't be concerned just get it outside as much as you can if you want to get it to maximum.

Try not to get too obsessed about it (as I have in the past!) Just enjoy the lovely watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    I don't think that you're giving it long enough, especially at this time of year.

At least one of my kinetic watches was sat on a window ledge for a couple of weeks or so before it went up to maximum charge.
    Were you banging the window ledge to do that - seems a lot of effort ? ;-)

Journeyman

Charging

As some one said our not giving it long enough.
    If you look at the instructions, it should tell you about charging times, different lighting etc.
    When I was selling them many years ago the golden rule was , pull the crown out when your charging them when they were running out of charge, ie winter time, worn under a coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I left my kinetic for months by the window and it was not charging at all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Yeah, it's a fair cop. Got my kinetics and my eco-drives mixed up. It's all just a way to recharge a battery/capacitor (although I prefer Longine's nomenclature - AHP, which stands for "Armpower High Precision").