closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omegamania

Omegamania

Decided to take a few pics of a sample of some of the Omega watches that are currently out of the safe

Planet Ocean

Ploprof

& The Ladies:-

De Ville
    It's just a matter of time...

Beauties all! Not many collections with both a 2254 and 2264, well done.

Master
    2264 and PloProf for me.

Craftsman
    I wouldn't have called myself an Omega fan, but I could easily name all those so maybe Omega have done a good job of subliminally educating me.
    Putting the 2264 next to the 2254 isn't a good idea is it, it makes the 2264 look like the fat brother

Nice collection though sir.

Master
    2254 and 2264 for me. They're just iconic Omegas. Great collection.

The who's who of modern Seamasters. Very nice.

Master
    Nice collection, the Ploprof does it for me.

Have you worn these at all? They look as new!

Lovely collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Have you worn these at all? They look as new!

Lovely collection.
    lol - they are all the worn, especially the ploprof. The Ladies De Ville hasn't been worn since we picked it up, and looks like new though. I do have almost unworn, or very very lightly worn models of the 2254, 2531 and Ploprof, along with a few other Omegas in the watch box though.

I tried the 8500 Planet Ocean, and I do like the look, and the 8500 (with the exception of the annoyance of the non-quick-set date feature) is one of my favourite movements - also one of the most accurate auto movements I've ever owned in any watch - and they seem to be very consistent in their accuracy compared to other movements. But.. The case is far too thick - WHY?!!!

Seamaster Heaven :)

I do miss the Ti SMP's in both blue and black dial - the most comfortable watches I've owned.

Along with the not too often seen 2535, which I also had two of at one time:

At least my quick pics seem to be improving a little over the years.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 6th December 2014 at 12:26.

Journeyman
    Impressive.

I like Omegas, but they aren't keepers for me - don't know why. Sold two (the only watches I have ever sold) and have a Dynamic Chrono that I haven't worn in years.

For me Omega were always the best mix of high quality and affordability. I could have had a 2254 and a 2531 for the cost of my first Explorer II new, but I loved that Exp2 and wore it every day for years.

The ploprof is one of the best made watches I've owned from any brand, and one of Omega's best ever. I have rejected a few new Omega watches over the years though. There quality control, or maybe just base quality was not at the same level as Rolex for example - rough edges on hands and lume were the main problems. I've also had issues with the date change on the 8500's, but the long warranty is a nice backup.

What watches have turned out to be keepers for you??

Journeyman
    Impressive collection. I think a PO 8500 would be a good addition though - I have the 42mm and don't find it too thick...I soon got used to it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Embles View Post
    Impressive collection. I think a PO 8500 would be a good addition though - I have the 42mm and don't find it too thick...I soon got used to it :-)
    I owned one for a while - pic as above on the Rubber. On bracelet it was simply unwearable for me, and I've got both the Ploprof and DSSD. I decided to keep the 2500 PO, and being a little more colourful than most of my watches, it was staying and the 8500 went.

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    2264 and PloProf for me.
    Agree. I really want to try a Ploprof.

Great collection!

Quote Originally Posted by demer03 View Post
    Agree. I really want to try a Ploprof.

Great collection!
    Love my Ploprof and am currently wearing it. When I start to get a bit bored of it I swap the straps between mesh, orange and black rubber. Such a well built watch....

My keeper below...

Obligatory vintage.....

and pick up and goer.....

plus look at this stunner I received from Mr Walker after a service (wifes by the way, but I love it).....

:)

I like all of them. Reminds me, I need to get a black rubber for one of the Ploprofs.

I love these seamasters, I'm wearing the 2255.80 as I type. I definitely have a penchant for buying these in twos for some reason! The only one that doesn't do much for me is the 2535, I think the dial is a little cluttered for me and I'm not a fan of the short GMT hand.

That's a nice selection of swords :)

I do really like the 2535 however, and it's one of the few watches with a diving bezel and usable 24hr dial. My LE Breitling uses the rehaut for the 24hr scale, whereas the usual model is far too cluttered for my liking, with so many numbers on the dial.

Master
    Love the sword hand SMPs - it's a shame that the 2535.80 GMT model doesn't have them - as Omegamanic says, it's a great combination of dive bezel and usable GMT scale.

The 2264 (I have a previous one of Omegamanics) is a great watch and no way inferior to the 2254. The quickset hour hand makes it perfect for travel, and the quartz movement makes it more robust. Which was handy, when my daughter dropped mine onto the floor last weekend. Fortunately, we were in the Omega Boutique, which has very plush carpet. It's also a great grab n' go watch, though mine probably gets more wear than anything else.

And I agree - the 8500 is a great movement but they fitted it in a case that is too tall, by far. The sapphire case back probably adds 2mm in height and the extra beefiness of the case, plus the thicker sapphire crystal, to achieve the 600m WR status, which no user will ever need, is pointless aggrandisement. In a sports watch, there's a lot to be said for a lower profile, to reduce the risk of snagging and banging. And no recreational diver really needs more than 150m WR, anyway.
    Last edited by HappyJack; 10th December 2014 at 03:54.

Craftsman

Omegamania

Nice set you got there, let me know if you ever want to sell that 2531, always looking for a mint one...
    Last edited by Henk Hoving; 10th December 2014 at 11:35.

2254's my favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Nice collection, the Ploprof does it for me.
    Same, had the pleasure of seeing one of these in the metal a few months ago, amazing watch!

Ploprof = Grail

Amazing collection! ..... the Ploprof is my only real grail of mine, awesome looking watch

Can you post your SeaDwellers too ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Can you post your SeaDwellers too ;-)
    What? Again? I was trying to keep it all to Omega, but of course. I really need to get a more recent (and much better) pic of them all ;)

I've still got some Subs as well though - but you probably prefer the SD's. I prefer seeing Mike Wood's and Haywood Milton's much much rarer watches, although the 16600 is my all time favourite watch and I have a bit of an addiction - but then I'd probably never wear one of them if I had one. Plus, I am probably in the last stages of reasoning my way to selling off a lot of my multiples (minus 2 or 3 SD's and LV's), paying off the final little bit of the mortgage, and then picking up a 42mm Explorer II and a Ceramic SD.

Craftsman
    And there I was doing well at staying away from the forum to protect the bank balance and then I look at this thread! Fantastic collection- has left me drooling! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    What? Again? I was trying to keep it all to Omega, but of course. I really need to get a more recent (and much better) pic of them all ;)

I've still got some Subs as well though - but you probably prefer the SD's. I prefer seeing Mike Wood's and Haywood Milton's much much rarer watches, although the 16600 is my all time favourite watch and I have a bit of an addiction - but then I'd probably never wear one of them if I had one. Plus, I am probably in the last stages of reasoning my way to selling off a lot of my multiples (minus 2 or 3 SD's and LV's), paying off the final little bit of the mortgage, and then picking up a 42mm Explorer II and a Ceramic SD.

I just died and went to heaven or should I say hell that's a beautiful set.
    You have amazing tastes
    Got a "Swiss" version yet?
    Nope mines a keeper she's in for a full Rolex service ;-)

I just died and went to heaven or should I say hell that's a beautiful set.
    You have amazing tastes
    Got a "Swiss" version yet?
    Nope mines a keeper she's in for a full Rolex service ;-)
    No Mick - no "Swiss" only dial SD in my collection - and with the exception of Comex etc. models, it would be the pick of the models imho - not sure how the colouring mellows in contrast to the tritium versions (I like my tritium SD), but for pure rarity, and a piece of Rolex transitional history, I don't think you can beat it - I remain slightly envious

Craftsman
    Fantastic collection and great taste.

A very nice collection indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    No Mick - no "Swiss" only dial SD in my collection - and with the exception of Comex etc. models, it would be the pick of the models imho - not sure how the colouring mellows in contrast to the tritium versions (I like my tritium SD), but for pure rarity, and a piece of Rolex transitional history, I don't think you can beat it - I remain slightly envious
    Thank You 😎
    I too remain somewhat envious ......
    No in Awe of your fantabbydosy collection Sir

Thank You 
    I too remain somewhat envious ......
    No in Awe of your fantabbydosy collection Sir

With any luck, and a good wind, it won't be quite such a large collection next year - but I'll always have a nice 16600 SD or two :)