closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-36 Smiths Cushion Case -- Let's see yours!

PRS-36 Smiths Cushion Case -- Let's see yours!

In the flurry of recent Time Factors releases, my favorite is the Cushion Cased Smiths. It seems to be getting the least attention, however, so I thought I'd start a thread to see what others are doing with theirs. I have mine on a shell cordovan strap in Cognac color with a simple polished thumbnail buckle. I liked the strap that the watch came with just fine, but I'm a shell head. What can I say.

I'm also nuts about this watch's size and build quality. The movement is a joy to wind, and the "blued" hands are super cool. All in all, this is a home run for Time Factors. Please post some pics of yours.

Best,

Myron

Last edited by Myron; 18th November 2014 at 19:54.

I also think it looks like the best of the recent bunch and it's right up my street in both style and size. I'm hoping I will be able to afford one around spring time next year.

Enjoy it.

David

Lucky owners, will somebody confirm that we are dealing with heat blued hands here?

I also think Eddie performed a miracle with this watch.

Cheers
    Brane

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoCop View Post
    Lucky owners, will somebody confirm that we are dealing with heat blued hands here?
    I don't think we are. Perhaps if the price tag had an additional '1' on the front, maybe :)

Mine doesn't look heat blued to me. I wouldn't expect it at this sort of money either!

Home...

... and away

You know, as much as I love the watch, I'm just not sure whether I'd ever see past the boobs

Cordovan strap looks perfect OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoCop View Post

I also think Eddie performed a miracle with this watch.

Cheers
    Brane
    Hi Brane,

With the watch actually in your hand, you can see that the hands are lacquered (or something similar) and not actually heat-blued. Hence my use of quotation marks in my description above. They're still quite lovely and tasteful though, in my book anyway.

Totally agreed on the miracle of this watch, and I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about it.

Myron

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Cordovan strap looks perfect OP.
    Thanks! I made it me own self. Here's another pic of it where you can see more of the strap.

Myron

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    You know, as much as I love the watch, I'm just not sure whether I'd ever see past the boobs
    Once seen, they cannot be unseen! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about it.
    There was, you're just late ;)

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...case-it-s-here

Its odd that it said this has no buzz… the PRS-35 doesn't seem to have had any at all in comparison! Really interested to hear what people think of that one too.

It was ages until even Eddie put up a wrist shot – not seen a single shot of it in the wild yet. Anyone?

I think they are both stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Its odd that it said this has no buzz… the PRS-35 doesn't seem to have had any at all in comparison! Really interested to hear what people think of that one too.

It was ages until even Eddie put up a wrist shot – not seen a single shot of it in the wild yet. Anyone?
    I agree - Has anyone bought one?

Certainly my favourite of the recent crop, but I'm not sure I'd actually ever wear it...

M.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    And so I was! Thanks for the link, Kung Fu.

I really like this one and prefer it over the PRS-35 due to both case and arabic numerals. Agree - I've not seen a single post about the PRS-35.

Saving up for one of these. I had a Grande Reverso which although I loved as being super classy was a bit too big. I'm hoping that one of these will be its perfect replacement as I think it's super classy too.

As an aside I'd love to know if Eddie would ever think of putting a date complication in this sort of design. I'd love to see something like that

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I really like this one and prefer it over the PRS-35 due to both case and arabic numerals. Agree - I've not seen a single post about the PRS-35.
    IMO the cushion case looks better due to Arabic numerals, smaller diameter ,lume and shorter lug length. ( though I don't fancy the cushion shape:... Ideal for me would be this watch in a round shape)

For me the PRS35 Roman numerals, no lume and larger size lug length and diameter are off putting ( just my personal taste...)

I wonder if a traditional style 37-38mm watch with baton markers may sell well? ( I'd be interested at least....)

I'm pretty sure these two watches are fairly true to an original Smiths design which I think is great. To me, the '36 looks vintage without seeming too old fashioned and I can see myself buying one soon. I really like the vintage style but have had to flip watches that seem a bit 'old man' like...for example, I've had 3 Longines Conquest but got rid of them because I always felt like a grandad wearing one!

Hi Brane,

With the watch actually in your hand, you can see that the hands are lacquered (or something similar) and not actually heat-blued. Hence my use of quotation marks in my description above. They're still quite lovely and tasteful though, in my book anyway.

Totally agreed on the miracle of this watch, and I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about it.

Myron
    I've noticed that the Nomos Ahoi Atlantik has a lacquered red seconds hand (and costs a hell of a lot more)!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I've noticed that the Nomos Ahoi Atlantik has a lacquered red seconds hand (and costs a hell of a lot more)!
    to be fair to the Nomos, it's quite a jump up in spec.
    That being said the 36 should get more love than I've seen so far. It is a bit 'dressy', which is why I like it so much, and a lot of the Timefactors fans seem to prefer the military/sports style more perhaps? I'm hoping for sometime early in the new year for me and am thinking of marrying it with a Timefactors tan brown rally strap

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    to be fair to the Nomos, it's quite a jump up in spec.
    :
    Yes, you are quite right of course, the Nomos has an in-house movement after all.

Mind you, the Smiths is cracking value and has a fine swiss movement. Didn't Nomos base their Aplha movement on the Peseux 7001?

Just received mine from Eddie, yesterday, along with a tan Rally strap, as suggested by daveyw above.

Just had a quick look and then straight back in the case - I'll explain that in a bit.

First impression was that this is much, MUCH better in the flesh - pictures don't do justice to the quiet brilliance of the dial. Under artificial light the hands and sub-dial catch the light and sparkle wonderfully.

Great size for my smallish wrists and loving the display back (which seem a bit wasted on autos, with that socking great rotor swinging around in the way).

My only teeny quibble is with the off-centre S on the buckle - not sure about that. The Rally strap has a brushed buckle, so that may need replacing, too.

Now the reason it went quickly back in the carry-case is that me and my missus have an agreement that, at Xmas, we can buy ourselves a present, so we are assured that at least ONE present will be just what we always wanted.

This year I'm looking forward to an absolute peach.

I usually put a label on mine with excessive amounts of love to myself, just for fun...

My only teeny quibble is with the off-centre S on the buckle
    If it was centred, it would be underneath the tang.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    If it was centred, it would be underneath the tang.

Eddie
    Yes, indeed, I had worked that out. Centring it would be one (silly) option - what I was driving at was that I think I might have preferred nothing at all, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by paul.in.kendal View Post
    Yes, indeed, I had worked that out. Centring it would be one (silly) option - what I was driving at was that I think I might have preferred nothing at all, that's all.
    Surely it's cheaper and caters for more tastes to have the engraved one that Eddie offers with the watch and then buy yourself a generic buckle without engraving?

[QUOTE=paul.in.kendal;3343415]Just received mine from Eddie, yesterday, along with a tan Rally strap, as suggested by daveyw above.

To avoid disappointment on your face on Xmas morning, if you want me to look after it for you until then and make sure that the strap combo works as we both hope. I'd be more than happy. You know, in the spirit of Xmas and stuff!

Such a kind offer! I think I'll pass all the same, Davey. Cheers an that.

Humbug ;)

Pics of combo after xmas then

Myron, thank You very much - took me a looooong time to acknowledge Your kind answer, sorry. Enjoy the wonderful piece!
    Cheers
    Brane

Hi Brane,

Myron