closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SARB035 strap advice/pics

SARB035 strap advice/pics

After buying this lovely watch and being unable to size the bracelet to the correct size does anyone have any suggestions on straps also any pics would be much appreciated

When you say 'unable to size' do you mean you can't get a good fit? If so, I completely understand your pain. I have 7 inch wrists and the bracelet was either too tight or too loose. It could really do with a few more macro adjust settings on the clasp. Fabulous watch despite this.

Regarding alternative straps, I tried mine on a brown Hirsch Liberty but it didn't look anywhere near as good as it does on the bracelet so mine went back on the bracelet and stayed on it until I sold it recently.

Word of caution, it may just be me being rubbish but I had a right ball ache trying to get the bracelet on and off. In fact, the bracelet didn't sit correct in the lug holes when I put it back on. A long standing independent watch maker/repairer (who also happens to be an accredited Rolex service centre) couldn't seat the spring bar correctly either and only Seiko UK managed to sort it out when I sent the watch in for a warranty repair.

If you are going to put youself through the trauma of a strap change, make sure you tape up the lugs to minimise the risk of damaging them and ffs take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    When you say 'unable to size' do you mean you can't get a good fit? If so, I completely understand your pain. I have 7 inch wrists and the bracelet was either too tight or too loose. It could really do with a few more macro adjust settings on the clasp. Fabulous watch despite this.

Regarding alternative straps, I tried mine on a brown Hirsch Liberty but it didn't look anywhere near as good as it does on the bracelet so mine went back on the bracelet and stayed on it until I sold it recently.

Word of caution, it may just be me being rubbish but I had a right ball ache trying to get the bracelet on and off. In fact, the bracelet didn't sit correct in the lug holes when I put it back on. A long standing independent watch maker/repairer (who also happens to be an accredited Rolex service centre) couldn't seat the spring bar correctly either and only Seiko UK managed to sort it out when I sent the watch in for a warranty repair.

If you are going to put youself through the trauma of a strap change, make sure you tape up the lugs to minimise the risk of damaging them and ffs take your time.
    Thanks for the advice, i cant get a perfect fit and i have tried very hard and decided on loose at the moment so annoying!

Going to try some straps but like you i like the bracelet look on this watch

Does it have a micro adjuster?

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Thanks for the advice, i cant get a perfect fit and i have tried very hard and decided on loose at the moment so annoying!

Going to try some straps but like you i like the bracelet look on this watch
    No worries. The watch was meant to be on the bracelet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Does it have a micro adjuster?
    Yes in the clasp (I accidentally called it a 'macro adjuster' in a previous post) but there are only two settings very close together so, in my case, this made very little difference. I could either have too tight or too loose!

I suppose one option might be to change the clasp for one with better micro adjustment settings but I for one wouldn't have a clue where to start with that!

Had similar issues with a SARB021 which is a little more difficult to match because of the polished parts. Found a spare link from a cheap SGGA11P1 matched quite well, with a little modification works as a half link. For a plain bracelet something like a SGGA25P1 might make a good donor. Alternatively: I found a set of clasp inserts a while ago can't remember where now, they add 4 extra adjustment holes.

Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
    Had similar issues with a SARB021 which is a little more difficult to match because of the polished parts. Found a spare link from a cheap SGGA11P1 matched quite well, with a little modification works as a half link. For a plain bracelet something like a SGGA25P1 might make a good donor. Alternatively: I found a set of clasp inserts a while ago can't remember where now, they add 4 extra adjustment holes.

Thanks for this

I have been looking into this and apparently yokobies(?) Used to do a half link but unfortunately is no longer available, Seiya was supplying an orient clasp with extra adjustment but again this is no longer the case

I am going to go with the strap option and see how it goes although i want to find a solution ideally!

I have no idea about straps so any help advice would be great i am terrible at choosing colours/styles etc (just look in my wardrobe and my choice in paints when decorating etc)

I am thinking a nice tan leather?

A bit obvious maybe, but have you sized the bracelet so the clasp is centered on the wrist? I have an SCVS003 with the same two-hole clasp and while I wear the bracelet a bit loose, I took out more links on the six o'clock side, so the watch doesn't slide around too much.

If you decide to pick up a strap, I would recommend a darker brown without contrasting stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    A bit obvious maybe, but have you sized the bracelet so the clasp is centered on the wrist? I have an SCVS003 with the same two-hole clasp and while I wear the bracelet a bit loose, I took out more links on the six o'clock side, so the watch doesn't slide around too much.

If you decide to pick up a strap, I would recommend a darker brown without contrasting stitching.
    I have tried a fee combinations but nothing yet has been perfect i am wondering about getting another type of clasp

Orient Star clasps fit and they have extra adjustment holes ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Orient Star clasps fit and they have extra adjustment holes ;)
    Cheers! Now to find one

Cheers! Now to find one
    I would start here:
    http://www.seiyajapan.com/pages/contuct-us_daily

I have 7 Orient Star(s) myself, most with bracelets but no spares I'm afraid. I'm what you might call a hoarder of the worst kind!

Or solution #2, buy one from probably the cheapest source which would probably be link below, scavenge the clasp part (maybe exchange it with the Seiko one?) and flip it or maybe even keep it. They're stunning value for the price paid.
    http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...l?currency=GBP

P.S. Don't let the crappy creation photos put you off, it's a stunning watch in the flesh. Check Google for decent photos.

P.S. 2 I know at least one person on this forum who went the same route to get a bracelet for his Seiko Alpinist since it's a perfect fit and overall a better solution than spending 150$ on bracelet alone, this way you pay a bit extra but get a nice watch as bonus :D
    Last edited by Dan83bz; 28th October 2014 at 21:54.

The watch has just arrived from Seiya so i may pop him a mail, as for buying a watch im sure it will happen just maybe not just yet lol

Just received email from Seiya saying nothing is available to to rectify this problem

Find it quite frustrating that this is the case, bought a leather strap last night but i bought a watch with a bracelet that cannot be worn, and apparently thats ok?

I will find a solution and then i will make sure i help all others in this boat

Guess the Orient Star makes more sense then? :wav:

Find it quite frustrating that this is the case, bought a leather strap last night but i bought a watch with a bracelet that cannot be worn, and apparently thats ok?
    I understand your frustration. I think a few extra micro adjustments isn't too much to ask but I wonder if it's something to do with the fact that our Western wrists are different shapes to those of the Japanese? Don't forget the Sarb033/035 is a Japanese domestic market only model.

A small update. As I was fiddling with my watches today, dusting them a bit, and remembering this thread, I have measured the clasp on my Sportura and it is a match for the one on the SARB series AND it had 3 holes instead of 2. So I'm quite sure there's probably a few more models that have compatible clasps.

Here's one that is pretty cheap, the clasp will probably be laser-etched instead of having the engraved look but...

As for shipping to UK could always use service like Shipito, will not run you more than 10-15$ or even less with their economy service since the site itself is only using DHL which is rather expensive>

http://www.totalwatchrepair.com/prod...t#.VFJpEPmUfw8
    http://www.totalwatchrepair.com/prod...t#.VFJqa_mUfw8 (the Sportura one I measured)

You could contact Rob from http://www.monsterwatches.eu/eu/index.php/home
    He may be able to source an OEM Seiko clasp that works for you.

Just received email from Seiya saying nothing is available to to rectify this problem

I will find a solution and then i will make sure i help all others in this boat
    The bracelet extensions I suggested earlier are only £3.5 each, worth a try surely?

Not as good as a half link, but looks ok imo. Check out this thread.

Last edited by fornowagain; 30th October 2014 at 21:49.

I decided to try a strap and love it! I will still try to find a perfect solution but in the meantime im happy

Very nice and classy. I think the SARB035 looks even better on straps than it does on its bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    Very nice and classy. I think the SARB035 looks even better on straps than it does on its bracelet.
    Thanks i now agree

I think straps really suit it. It's very sterile looking on the bracelet

Craftsman
    hadley roma vintage crocodile?