closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My love for the Omega Mariner sinks to new depths

My love for the Omega Mariner sinks to new depths

I've given a loving home to 4 of these unloved beauties and all have had the STS spa treatment and I'm in love. Anyone got one of these that need a loving home give me a shout ;-)

I've got 2 German date 1 French and one English. The one with the mesh is a NOS off my fellow Nottingham mucker Tom Dick I'm just after a suitable nos bracelet and the French model has a bracelet waiting for spares.

I will post some better pictures later.
    Last edited by Baden H; 2nd July 2014 at 15:33.

Ive had a bunch of these and really liked them. I still have a ladies version and a NOS case I should sell on really as they just sit in my watchbox. I just went mad with collecting Omegas as many know. I always liked the story behind these and the fact they were very much a forgotten watch. Nice haul Baden!

Hi Jon if you ever want to sell on give me first dibs ;-)

Just got rid of the dodgy low quality tapatalk picture

Very nice, got a couple of these myself, not in as good a shape I'm sure. Did STS refinish the case with their lapping machine?

Yes STS finished them but they where in decent condition anyway. I know the French one had to have a visit to the lapping machine.

Got two of them, but they aren't going anywhere...

One is special by the way. Omega have removed some info on the inside of the caseback and have placed a new number (the model number, not serial!) below it. The dial doesn't say "Seamaster", but "Megaquartz", which leads me to believe it is an early version, when quartz was a unique selling point.

I also have 2 other 1310's.

Very fine engineering, very reliable and precise.

Craftsman
    Hallo, I love to buy the second one ( English ) but can you please give me some more pics.
    Out of the plastic ;)

I'd love to catch some day the one with the red omega logo, but I thing that will be an utopia forever......

Fine collection btw, I have one but its not for sale, its one of my favourites also, well any excuse to post a piccy...

Last edited by martinzx; 26th August 2014 at 07:19. Reason: add piccy

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hallo, I love to buy the second one ( English ) but can you please give me some more pics.
    Out of the plastic ;)
    I'm pretty sure he's not selling them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's not selling them.
    Yes, I understand.

I posted a WTB and after that I searched on "Mariner" - found this topic, but now I see it is only to show his collection.
    But ther are plenty of fish in the sea ;)

Lucky I have some spare watches.....lol !

Master
    Fantastic looking watches. How thick is the case on these, they look very chunky?

If anyone is still after one of these beauty's I have put my French dialled one on the sales forum

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...mega-mariner-1

Regards Baden