closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best all rounder for my holiday

Best all rounder for my holiday

Off on my annual holiday in a couple of weeks, and want to take only one watch with me. Need it for Sand, Sea and a few trips out about in Turkey. Should I take my newly acquired Marathon JSAR. Or can anyone suggest anything better. With all the fakes around in Turkey don't want to look like I've just walked ou of the local bazaar!!!!!

Thanks

Jarvis

I guess it all depends on your "budget!" Personally I take a Seiko Monster (or another diver!) on my hols. Maybe take another "dressier" type for evenings. I don't have any particularly "expensive" watches anyway............but I still take my "less expensive" watches on my hols!

Master
    I would normally recommend a 007 or 009, but these look like a fantastic alternative. I would be interested to see how they compare to the Seiko offerings.

http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...09gb-1124.html

Master
    Tried a Swatch Sistem 51 on the other day and was very impressed - considering picking one up for holidays etc.

There's a really nice G-Shock - Riseman - on SC... or any G for that matter. Perfect holiday watches.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    There's a really nice G-Shock - Riseman - on SC... or any G for that matter. Perfect holiday watches.
    Absolutely! G Shock every time. You are going on holiday presumably to the beach. Good WR, usually duel time and solar, alarm, back light pretty much everything you will need from a watch and more.

Master
    G-shock is a good call, but I'd go with a Seiko Monster.

That said, this year I took:

Rolex Explorer II
    BM
    G-Shock DW-009

And I bought a G-Shock GA-100A too!

I enjoy watches. The last thing I want to do is take a piece of cheap black plastic with me or a budget watch. Take the JSAR if that's all you have and enjoy it.
    Gray

Orange Monster is the canonical beach watch, nice enough to wear but cheap enough to lose.