closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOUTH YOURKSHIRE FLOODS. REDUCING THE RISK OF INFECTION

SOUTH YOURKSHIRE FLOODS. REDUCING THE RISK OF INFECTION

For further assistance email:info@anubishealthcare.com or phone 01226 741812
    Reducing the Risk of Infection

This is general advice on protecting your health following flooding and sewage contamination of the environment.

? Do not use food which the flood water has reached. It may be contaminated.
    ? Any utensils which have been in the floodwater must be cleaned and boiled in fresh water before use.
    ? Experience from previous flooding has shown that any risk to health is small if proper precautions are followed. You do not need any booster immunisations or antibiotics.
    ? Floodwater and sewage often leaves a muddy deposit that may contain bacteria and other micro-organisms.
    ? If anyone in your family does become ill you should deal with it in the way you normally would.
    ? Use protective clothing such as wellington boots and household rubber gloves if involved in the clean up to minimise the risk of infection.
    ? Cover any cuts with waterproof plaster.
    ? The single most important precaution is washing your hands after any contact with flood water or sludge and particularly before eating or preparing food.

'This has been a Public Service Information bulletin'. :wink:

Use protective clothing such as wellington boots and household rubber gloves if involved in the clean up to minimise the risk of infection.
    Good advice when entering your teenagers bedroom, too........... :roll:
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    From my experience a mask would be advisable too - it's best not to go too near a teenagers bedroom at all - that's safest

:wink:

Brian

OMG, that sounds like a horror film... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Craftsman
    Be safe. Wear a condom at all times.

I bought some pre-washed mixed salad leaves yesterday ... ate them last night ... have been battling with stomach all day today ... So now thinking maybe they washed them in contaminated water ...

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    I bought some pre-washed mixed salad leaves yesterday ... ate them last night ... have been battling with stomach all day today ... So now thinking maybe they washed them in contaminated water ...

dunk
    We used to call that lettuce when I was a kid. :wink:

I know how you feel Dunk, The limp green stuff they often pile on burgers is something I avoid these days.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    There is a cafe in Southport called The Slug and Lettuce
    Must be that BOTH these ingredients are a promise with every meal!!! :D :twisted:
    I wont be filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, I am not a number, I am a free man, my life is my own!!!
    Be seeing you
    Toodle pip
    Griff.