closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A fair price for a freshly-bult Omega Seamaster 300

Grand Master

A fair price for a freshly-bult Omega Seamaster 300

Assuming it's been built by someone reputable (not a monkey), what's a fair price for a Seamaster 300, freshly built using new parts (case, dial etc) and a freshly overhauled 565 movement, excluding the 1171 bracelet that they usually come with?

I`m thinking of building one for myself whilst parts are still available, just not sure whether the numbers add up or not.

Can anyone suggest an alternative bracelet or strap to the Omega replacement 1171?

All opinions welcome.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 5th July 2014 at 11:12.

Watchco are selling kits for £1370 including 1171 and everything else except 565 movement on ebay.
    There is also a 1171 bracelet from the USA - £233 in both cases VAT and maybe duty to be paid. I have been looking at these - the
    fully assembled Watchco ones seem to sell for £1500 ish.

As regards a strap - I would have thought some sort of rubber would be attractive, and not too costly.
    I guess in cost terms you would easily come in less that our aussie chums - good idea!!
    Last edited by Kakadu; 5th July 2014 at 11:42. Reason: fully assembled

Have you seen MartinCRC's thread?

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...yourself-SM300

Member unclealec also has/had a built up one.
    ______

​Jim.

Only worth what someone else is prepared to pay if you'd be looking for future resale, but you know that. If it's just for you then it's the price you feel comfortable with.

Chronomaster had one priced up a few months ago for around £1900, on eBay they hover between £1300 and £1800, a few have made an appearance on SC.

If you can build it yourself using the kit for £1370 then seems like quite a good price and if you did sell might not make a painful loss.

Can anyone suggest an alternative bracelet or strap to the Omega replacement 1171?

An Omega mesh or see: Bracelets.

Master
    I have an unworn refinished by genesis vintage 1171 (not 1171/1) if anyone is interested please PM me

Master

I've had the same thought from time to time

from what I have calculated the best, and cheapest, method is to watch the various watch sales boards and buy one from someone who already did it and found the finding and building was the best part. More or less like buying a redone car I guess.

Grand Master
    Thanks for all the comments; keep 'em coming!

Cost of rebuilding a 565 properly is considerable; fitting the new parts that will be needed comes to around £100 to do it properly......and that's with free labour!

Paul