closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Weird Phenomenom

Weird Phenomenom

Have you ever glanced at a Quartz watch (with a 'ticking second hand) and been amazed at what seems like an impossibly long time before it ticks again?

It happens to me all the time.

Martin.

youre not alone on that one..

Craftsman
    Its to do with the generation of a hiccup in the fabric of time, caused by the fluctuation in the current reaching the quartz, probally to do with the PH of your skin, extra acidity afecting the polarity of the power source. It can be remedied by eating chalk or sucking anti acid tablets, to increas the alkalinity of you body chemistry, or standing one legged on a hand woven Afgan carpet while chanting the nation anthem of what was Siam...which goes like this..to the tune of God save the queen

O war ta nar siam, O war ta nar siam, O war ta nar siam, etc

On the up side. each little fluctuation means you actually become a second younger

:)

I think it's because one's perception of time is not uniform - that the way in which we experience time fluctuates. (Seriously!) Throw all your attention at your watch, and your experience of time stretches a little.

(MAybe Bob could help us out here! :) )

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol
    I think it's because one's perception of time is not uniform - that the way in which we experience time fluctuates. (Seriously!) Throw all your attention at your watch, and your experience of time stretches a little.

(MAybe Bob could help us out here! :) )
    A watched kettle never boils. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Otto
    Its to do with the generation of a hiccup in the fabric of time, caused by the fluctuation in the current reaching the quartz, probally to do with the PH of your skin, extra acidity afecting the polarity of the power source. It can be remedied by eating chalk or sucking anti acid tablets, to increas the alkalinity of you body chemistry, or standing one legged on a hand woven Afgan carpet while chanting the nation anthem of what was Siam...which goes like this..to the tune of God save the queen

On the up side. each little fluctuation means you actually become a second younger

Dude, I SERIOUSLY want some of whatever you're on... :shock: :? 8) :twisted: :D :wink:

Re: Weird Phenomenom

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Go_Getter
    Have you ever glanced at a Quartz watch (with a 'ticking second hand) and been amazed at what seems like an impossibly long time before it ticks again?

It happens to me all the time.

Martin.
    I?ve noticed it too. My theory is ... that on those occasions you ?catch? the hand at the very absolute beginning of its journey and therefore (on those occasions) the second will appear the longest of any others ... the others being obviously shorter. It?s elementary. :roll:

Let?s just call it ?The Long Second?. :P

john
    Every watch a story.

and what about when it looks like it is ticking counterclockwise?

that's weird, no?
    :shock:

Craftsman

I think that can be used to explain everything. I might use it the next time I get in trouble at work.

Yes.
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi
    and what about when it looks like it is ticking counterclockwise?

that's weird, no?
    :shock:
    Not as weird as the second second hand (I call it the "secondē" hand) that seems to appear towards the end of a long session with verrrrrrrrrrrry drrrrry vite vine. :wink:
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Master
    It's an "Oh shit" second.

Cast your minds back to the last car or bike crash you were in.

Time seems to go really slow as you remember e v e r y t h i n g

and then:

there is either extreme pain or unconsciousness.

Fortunately for me (touch wood - not Torchwood) it has been extreme pain every time so far.

:) :)

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol
    Interesting.

Yes, it has happened to me. But there are also times when I could swear the seconds hand on a mechanical watch I'm wearing is doing it's best impression of a GE Turbofan.

Craftsman
    Hey guys,
    Has anyone ever touched the end of a knowingly non-energized bare copper wire and been shocked? I've often wondered about this too...

btw Martin, this happens to me all the time and I asked my doctor about it. He told me to stop wearing the bloody quartz watches. (the cheeky bastard)

J.

Master

O war ta nar siam, O war ta nar siam, O war ta nar siam
    , etc

:D :D ROFLMFAO :D :D

I remember a couple of years ago I was in hospital and pumped with a lot of morphine and I was laying in bed, looking at the clock on the wall and found that I could make the hands stop just by concentrating.

Now that was weird and freaked me out not inconsiderably!!

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by engeew

I remember a couple of years ago I was in hospital and pumped with a lot of morphine and I was laying in bed, looking at the clock on the wall and found that I could make the hands stop just by concentrating.

Now that was weird and freaked me out not inconsiderably!!

Nigel
    You can do everything on heroin ... you just never actually get round to doing it. :twisted:

john
    Every watch a story.