Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
In the past i have dived with a Rolex Sea dweller and a Breitling Colt Superocean Professional and more recently,one of Eddies finest an 18A.
I have total confidence in any of Eddies.
I am drawn to military and dive watches,and have looked at Helson in the past but i too have read about the quality issues.
I have also dived with cheaper brands,such as Citizen ecodrive( mononcoque model) cant remember the model,and G shocks with no issues.
If i bought a New dive watch,to be used for its intended purpose,and it ended up being flooded,i would lose confidence in the brand.
I was a Sport diver,but i would never solely rely on a watch,that's why i always dived with a computer and a watch for backup.
I dived in this country mainly which has Zero visibility,some of the time i dived sea,quarries,lakes and rivers right through the year, when there was snow on the ground.
Diving is a dangerous and harsh environment and Cut Corners at your Peril!
Agree with your comments ... I use a Suunto dive computer .. watch is merely a timing backup / and useful for safety stop timing .. but I dont want to dive with an expensive(ish) watch I could not trust - flooding a $700-1,000 dive watch would not be amusing

I reckon Casio waterproofing must be quite good - when I first learnt to dive ( no dive computer, just depth meter and timer ) .. I also took my £10 casio watch, rated to '30m' .. obviously not a real dive watch.

I took it down to over 30m with no leaks .. quite amazing really.

recently have been using an old G shock G314-RL as backup for diving and yacht races.. quite a tough old watch