closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A couple of new arrivals.....

A couple of new arrivals.....

Having said I currently don't own a Seiko, for the first time in 15 years here.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-t-own-a-Seiko

I have restored the balance with two new arrivals.

First up is an unusual Seiko 7A28, most have the 3, 6, 9 sub-dial layout, but this one has 12, 3, 6 - but what makes it quirky is that the case can rotate 360^

Pretty cool....add some funky orange and black pushers, a grid dial and a size of 44mm diameter, takes me straight back to the eighties, which is where this comes from - 1982.

The model number is 7A28-7050, the bracelet is non-original but suits the watch fine.

My second arrived today from Japan - SBDC011 - An Auto (6R15) Tuna with Sapphire crystal and 200m depth rating.

Bought it from shoppinginjapan.net which seem to have very reasonable prices and customer service was very good, they even threw in a 2014 Seiko catalogue.

The signed crown is a perfect size and feel for my gorilla fingers, the 6R15 auto movement can be handwound. The hands appear to come off the marinemaster family and is part of the Prospex line
    and is identified as a Fieldmaster. The case back is screw down with ground to air emergency signals engraved, it measures a healthy 48mm diameter and comes with a leather double ridged strap with a
    big Seiko engraved buckle.

The compass bezel is bi-directional, it doesn't click and is silky smooth to turn.

£470 for all the specs, superb finish, lume to die for and everything made in-house - it is a steal

Here are some pics

Finally in the catalogue that was sent was this new Spring Drive MarineMaster........................must resist

Last edited by LuvWatch; 15th April 2014 at 20:20.

Craftsman
    Wow, two great acquisitions. The Tuna is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.

Oh that Fieldmaster is very very nice. I'm a bit of a sucker for nice JDM Seiko dive watches and although this has different intentions it still shows Tuna roots. Did you get whacked by customs as I did when buying from shopping in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    Oh that Fieldmaster is very very nice. I'm a bit of a sucker for nice JDM Seiko dive watches and although this has different intentions it still shows Tuna roots. Did you get whacked by customs as I did when buying from shopping in Japan?
    £20 custom and handling charge which wasn't bad, from a £452 purchase price

That 7A28 is cool

Ooh, that Fieldmaster is a lovely thing indeed. Looking as purposeful as the Tuna but for real men instead of surfer dudes! Love the strap on it too, it all looks great. I wonder what my next obsession is going to be...

Love the Fieldmaster Tuna!

Something about the leather strap, it shouldn't work, but it looks really great!

Congrats!

Amazing tuna- I found the dive watch case wore quite small, but yours is a better size. Just when I thought I had a good balance to my collection!! Great purchases and a good dealer recommendation

Oh yes.... how much would I love that Tuna!
    Absolutely gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44 View Post
    Love the Fieldmaster Tuna!

Something about the leather strap, it shouldn't work, but it looks really great!

Congrats!
    It was the strap combination with the watch that first attracted me to it, at 21mm lug width I reckon I could squeeze a 22mm or even a 20mm without it looking a poor fit, may try a di modell chronissimo.

Very nice 7A there Derek, the Tuna is pretty cool too, can you get your underwater orienteering badge with that?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Very nice 7A there Derek, the Tuna is pretty cool too, can you get your underwater orienteering badge with that?
    Dyb Dyb Dyb - yes of course, that's why the compass bezel is so useful underwater

XF.....
    Cheers..
    Jase

Really,really love the Seiko fieldmaster Auto that is one super Seiko i almost bought one in Akihibara a couple of weeks ago but bought the Seiko Alpinist quartz digital watch but that is one helluva a Seiko.

Journeyman
    Very, very nice!

Good catch. Love that 7A28. Whats the full model number please?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
    Good catch. Love that 7A28. Whats the full model number please?
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post

The model number is 7A28-7050, the bracelet is non-original but suits the watch fine.
    Taken from the original post

Blog Entries
    Both nice pieces, loving the pics of the Tuna with the Japanese peels, looking beautifully indigenous in all its glory.

Nice watches.

Craftsman

Have my eye on the tuna aswell

lovely watch..Enjoy..