closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another patek... I think?!

Master

Another patek... I think?!

http://tumblr.hodinkee.com/post/8072...e-has-replaced

"Yes, it’s official. #patekphilippe has replaced the 5960P and 5960R with the 5960/1A. For those not fluent in patek, that’s an annual calendar with chronograph in STAINLESS STEEL on a steel bracelet. Full specs including price on HODONKEE now. (at www.hodinkee.com)"

Master
    Blog Entries
    A better picture than the previous one posted but the watch doesn't look any better. Still looks cheap and nasty imo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    A better picture than the previous one posted but the watch doesn't look any better. Still looks cheap and nasty imo.
    I don't know. I hate to say this but I errrr, like it?! It's a major departure for patek and I don't think this is a terrible thing.

Master
    I tend to agree. Something a bit different.

It is not photogenic, that's for sure. The only PATEK (caps in honour of our esteemed friend Archieluxury) I have ever seen in the wild was a Nautilus, on the wrist of a rather obnoxious fellow, and it didn't look 'all that' either. I just don't get them, which probably makes me a philistine. I have had half a bottle of red and two stiff martinis so apologies.

Master
    You'll need good eyes to read the chrono and 12-hour sub-dials. And is that blue disc a day/night indicator?

Banned
    Its got a kind of Daytona baton, transocean speedmaster skydweller look about it on a Raymond weil bracelet.

Individually they are great watches, but this is a bad example of a Heinz 57, Patek get your act together.

Master
    Certainly different but looks a little messy and lacks the finesse usually associated with Patek imho.

Great vision, bad execution.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Thumbs up That is just HORRIBLE!!

Patek need to get back to some more elegant designs.

I realise they can't just churn out the same old classic dress watches every year, but their efforts over the past few years (especially the 'Sports' watches) have been tacky and derivative.

Love it! A proper High End Sports Watch, not like the ridiculous Skymaster and Yachtdweller.....or the vulgar ROOs and the fashion Big Bangs

That looks fairly horrific imho, and from someone who loves the 5960R/P. I always think that Pateks look better on the wrist than in a window but I'm not convinced it'll be enough to help this one!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I suspect that prices on the 5960p/r will rise now..... Discontinued and ugly replacement.....

Still this might be better on the wrist, but for me it's trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I suspect that prices on the 5960p/r will rise now..... Discontinued and ugly replacement.....
    yes right,

weird to discontinue the precious metal versions and replace them with this instead of offering both precious and steel

a stainless version of the old 5960 without the dial/hand changes, just with the different case material would seem perfect compared to this on first impression

it looks like a 5960 with an aftermarket pimp job
    Last edited by Rudy Russo; 26th March 2014 at 18:34.

Craftsman
    Pretty sure I could find something a lot more aesthetically pleasing for the money.
    This just looks... Over-designed? Cluttered?