closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can Anyone Help With Identifying This One ????

Can Anyone Help With Identifying This One ????

Bought this several years ago and have no idea about its origins, any clues ??? I am pretty sure it is not by VICTORINOX.

It has a Swiss Quartz movement and the running second hand advances once a second, however, the chrono hand
    runs at 4/5 beats per second.

Last edited by notnowkato; 7th January 2014 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Bought this several years ago and have no idea about its origins, any clues ???

It has a Swiss Quartz movement and the running second hand advances once a second, however, the chrono hand
    runs at 4/5 beats per second.

Have no idea sorry but it's one of the ugliest watch that I've ever seen in my life (sorry, no offense intended of course)

This is difficult to answer at the moment due to business, based in about 3 countries
    Hi

I am not 100% certain but I think it is a Swiss Army watch, you know the people that make Swiss Army knives, I think they are a company called Victorinox something like that) the logo just dosnt seem quite correct but have a look at them and see, hope that helps a little and I have not pointed you in too wrong a direction.

Quote Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
    Have no idea sorry but it's one of the ugliest watch that I've ever seen in my life (sorry, no offense intended of course)
    Really? I like it a lot.

Search "Invicta" at Amazon and spend thirty seconds looking at the first page of results. I'll bet you see a dozen models that make this look like the Sophia Lauren of the watch world. Other than not having regular lugs, it's not a bad looking design. The lugless lozenge shape is not my thing, but I can see how it works with a bund strap. Both Victorinox and Wenger produce watches under the "Swiss Army" description, but this is neither one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy1 View Post
    Hi

I am not 100% certain but I think it is a Swiss Army watch, you know the people that make Swiss Army knives, I think they are a company called Victorinox something like that) the logo just dosnt seem quite correct but have a look at them and see, hope that helps a little and I have not pointed you in too wrong a direction.
    Victorinox was my first thought, but it isn't one of theirs. The logo is a puzzle a as can't make out what it is meant to represent. !!

None taken, I liked it enough to even pay for it, but ,hey, I'm no judge of style...................

Craftsman
    Could it be a prototype designed for the Swiss military? I have never seen one before. It looks pretty good quality too and does look like it has been well designed, not for posing in but a proper military use.
    I like mystery watches like this, I hope you get a answer soon.
    Have you tried MWR?
    Cheers Mick

Possibly a Charmex or Swiss Military (they might actually be the same brand).

http://www.charmex.ch/

http://www.swiss-military.info/
    ______

​Jim.

Thanks for the suggestions, still none the wiser !!!!!!!!!!!

Craftsman
    Can't help you, but I do like it. Those lugs aren't something you see every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    Could it be a prototype designed for the Swiss military? I have never seen one before. It looks pretty good quality too and does look like it has been well designed, not for posing in but a proper military use.
    I like mystery watches like this, I hope you get a answer soon.
    Have you tried MWR?
    Cheers Mick
    I'd love to know what the markings represent (though probably, I imagine, they're fake; or rather added to make it more interesting). It does present the interesting question - a number of us have an interest in military-issued watches and obviously Switzerland is the source of manufacture of a good deal of these. What watches are issued to the Swiss military. I assume none...
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.