closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival, Steinhart!

Banned

New arrival, Steinhart!

Finally got my Steiny delivered, it took longer as it was a custom order, and yet it still arrived within 10 days.

Its a Nav B Uhr 44mm Handwind, with diamond crown added, as they no longer come like this. First impressions are; WOW.

I bought this to be my beater as I have 'traded up' over the years to a watch that I only wear for special occasions, on my salary im definately 'punching above my weight' with this piece. Im talking about the Omega Speedmaster Broadarrow 3313 calibre with display back.

But back to the Steinhart, I cannot believe the quality of this piece, I mean I thought it was going to be good but its rock solid, nice weight, size is spot on, feels bulletproof, so its nice to flip it over and see the delicate inner workings.

The crown has a nice clicking action that I actually prefer to the Omega winding action! makes the Omega feel like its grinding.

Lume is vibrant and long lasting.....

Now I have experienced it I think calling it my beater is going to be unfair, but what a treat its going to be wearing this everyday, handwinding it, flip it over to see the delicate looking inner workings, and enjoying its character, to say im happy with it is an understatement.

Customer service wasn't bad either! a custom order, doing extra work for free, rather speedily, with a bit of a language barrier; simply perfect, I can't recommend them enough.

If only I had a decent camera....
    Last edited by Osian85; 23rd October 2013 at 21:06.

That looks very nice indeed. I don't own a Steinhart..........though I think I am going to have to get one sooner or later!. Ive not heard a bad word said against them either. Enjoy your watch!

Nice purchase.

Perhaps your camera work is deceptive but it doesn't appear to be as massive as I would have thought. I am not much of a fan of big watches but that does look a tidy watch. Hope you post a little update on your thread as to how you have gotten on with it.

Lovely -enjoy

Master
    Before joining TZ i had never heard of Steinharts, however the more I see them the more I like them.

Cracking watch Fella, I flipped mine because it was unfortunately a smidge too big. Used to enjoy giving it a wind, more satisfying than shaking your wrist.

Enjoy

Digger

Master
    That's a terrific watch. Good choice, IMO.

Though I too am curious about the size and how big it wears.

Great VFM. Never been disappointed with Steinhart.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    That's a terrific watch. Good choice, IMO.

Though I too am curious about the size and how big it wears.

Sure, well the pic of it next to the Omega, thats a 42mm so theres a reference.

Also here it is on a 6.75ins wrist....

And a side shot for case thickness....

I will say, this 'pilot style' watch does wear bigger, im sure they all do, because of the lack of bezel, and an edge to edge, uncluttered dial.

Personally i think its a good size on my wrist, everytime I look at the time thats just what I notice, I dont have thoughts jump into my head of 'ah actually its big' or heavy, thick etc.

Osh.
    Last edited by Osian85; 24th October 2013 at 08:15.

I regretted selling my Steinhart GMT the day I sold it. Time for another I think.

Journeyman
    Congrats, nice watch

Craftsman
    Looks very nice on the wrist..........enjoy!

Journeyman
    Great watch. Am jealous. Steinhart are great value

Master
    just to add, they are impressive at the price point, I now have 3 Steinies and am looking forward to my next(yet to be decided but I would like a GMT Pepsi).

Master
    Congrats, Steinhart are great value and that's a very good looking watch. Just prove that you don't need to spend mega bucks to get a fine looking watch

very good choice friend. steinharts are very popular down here, I have owned a few and its great to see the company growing bigger and better every year, they now have an exclusive movement for there higher end stuff and I believe they are developing their own in-house movement!

top buy mate and my current 47mm says hi....

quality of finish for the price is superb.

edit: as a side note my watch is no. 644, if you google 644 sqn. a very tenuous link to history no doubt but made me smile a little.
    Last edited by deerworrier; 24th October 2013 at 21:28.