closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DA37 brown shortlist

DA37 brown shortlist

After a LOT of looking, and I mean a LOT, I think I will go for one of these three.........

.........the trouble is I like all of the shades on offer from Don Ginsler on these "mini Paneri" straps. Which shade do you chaps reckon will suit best? Also has anyone got or had a strap from Don and can give opinions on quality, construction etc?

Apologies to Mr.Ginsler for borrowing part of this picture from his site.
    F.T.F.A.

I've got several of Don's straps, and they're a very nice product.

I think any of those 3 would suit the 37, but the left hand one would be my choice.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    I've got several of Don's straps, and they're a very nice product.

I think any of those 3 would suit the 37, but the left hand one would be my choice.
    I'll second that, I've only got the one, on my Seiko 007, it's an extremely comfortable and well made strap that's ageing well. FWIW I prefer shade of brown on the the right hand strap but all would suit your DA37. Here's a pic of mine, it looks simular in shade to your middle option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gary

Journeyman
    I've had a black sharkskin from Don and I've not changed it since! Fantastic strap, very well constructed.

I think the darker coloured strap would probably be best for the DA37

I've always found Don's straps to be very good quality. Good service, too.

I'd avoid the one on the right - a bit too red? I'd go the chocolate on the left, if you must have abrown strap! :D (But the light onw would age well, too.

Why not buy two? Don't spoil the ship for a ha'penny worth of tar. Then sell the loser on the SC!

I'll ... what is it, eighth? that on Don's straps. I have quite a few from him and like them a lot, especially the sharkskins (my 656 is presently on the same strap as Smelly's DA36). One thing about the mini-Pans: I have the black in 20mm and it's become a 19mm on one end. Also, I would have to say that the 18mm Liberty that I got from Don at the same time is of a higher quality overall than his mini-Pans, though at the price that's to be expected.

Kamraj

Thanks for the comments gents. I have decided to go for the centre colour. My original idea was to change from the supplied black band (which is a very nice strap itself) to something really light, but I was sidetracked by the many attractive shades of brown on the market. This combo will give a total contrast (colour wise) to my 656. I'll post some pics when the strap arrives.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Thanks for the comments gents. I have decided to go for the centre colour. My original idea was to change from the supplied black band (which is a very nice strap itself) to something really light, but I was sidetracked by the many attractive shades of brown on the market. This combo will give a total contrast (colour wise) to my 656. I'll post some pics when the strap arrives.
    Any pics yet Magirus, I am looking for a brown strap for my 37, its currently on one of Dons black shark skins.

I ended up buying a black and the two on the right in the 1st pic in this thread. They are superb value for money and very comfy to wear.I had the buckles blasted by Bry to match the case of my 37, and a grand job he did too.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gary
    That's lovely. Which colour and type is that exactly? Me thinks you have inspired me to swap the 007 onto a leather.