closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Correct box for Zenith New Vintage 1969

Craftsman

Correct box for Zenith New Vintage 1969

good morning, i am after the tri-coloured version of the zenith. i located a couple of mint watches, but i am not able to determine which would be the right set of boxes.

on one side, the watch was first sold on 2009, then suggesting at the big box below were used. it also has a golden badge:

on the other hand, many sellers add picture of the new style, smalle box, like this (both pictures from the web)

i believe the smaller box was introduced on 2010, leaving the first as the "correct" one, by which i mean the one used originally. to add a bit more confusion, zenith wrote me back suggesting that the small box was supposed to be the correct one, but it is known that distributors used whatever they had at the moment.

so, in case you have the new vintage, which boxes do you have? i have scrolled SC, they look to have been bought on 2012, so i am not sure of the relevance of their boxes

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't worry about it. They both come with either box, I have had defys in the new style box. They were discontinued before the box was introduced but it's just what the ad had in stock at the time. in my opinion with zenith as long as the paperwork it right new or old style box doesn't matter.

Master
    Mine has the smaller wood box. I think that is how a lot of the New Vintage is sold with.

Craftsman
    ok thanks for info, much appreciated

Master
    I suspect that you have seen my SC posts - I have had three of these - all purchased in 2012 (from two difference places) and all in the smaller wooden boxes - which are far nicer than the larger old one - which I think is just plastic.

I'm sure the boxes are just the same as with Rolex for example, whereby the dealer uses whatever boxes they have - they're supposed to have guidelines, but as watches and boxes are separate packages/shipments, then it'll be whatever they actually do/use on the day.