closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Squale 50 Atmos

Squale 50 Atmos

My Squale 50 Atmos has just arrived and the quality for the price is amazing,it puts to shame my MKII sea fighter that copies the Von buren case that the squale uses.
    Will now check to see how it well it keeps time,a few pictures of my new toy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Lovely - I really want one. I just love the name and little shark image, for some reason. I'm not a Mesh fan, but the watch is a cracker

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Lovely - I really want one. I just love the name and little shark image, for some reason. I'm not a Mesh fan, but the watch is a cracker
    I used to be the same with mesh but after trying loads of straps on my PRS 50 with no luck tried a mesh and for the first time the watch was not top heavy,the rubber on the Squale is a strap that you often see as it is from a well known maker so I went with the mesh,and am happy that I did as it is a beautifully built bit of kit.
    But will also get a Isofrane as I intend to dive with this unless my EZM 2 comes back from Sinn quickly.

Journeyman
    I do like mesh straps, and it looks great on your squale

Congrats, they're great watches. Looks like they've made some design changes - I wonder if that will alter the value of the older models?

Banned
    I've always admired these.. I don't own one, as I have a couple of the Heuer/TAG Heuers with a similar case, but I've always thought they were amazing bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    Looks like they've made some design changes - I wonder if that will alter the value of the older models?
    In what way are you thinking - up or down?

Cheers

Foggy

Congrats, they're great watches. Looks like they've made some design changes - I wonder if that will alter the value of the older models?
    My limited understanding is that this is a "new" case and dial model and that the earlier ones were first NOS cases and dials then NOS case and new dial etc.
    The vintage models from the 60/70's seem to go for decent money, so I would not expect the changes to have a negative effect on the earlier NOS production.

Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post
    I've always admired these.. I don't own one, as I have a couple of the Heuer/TAG Heuers with a similar case, but I've always thought they were amazing bang for your buck.
    I find it interesting just how many well known companies used these cases,also made me realise just what a made up brand the new swatch Blancpain is compared to it's past.

Blog Entries
    Nice,congrats!
    Like the case with engraved Squale

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    In what way are you thinking - up or down?

Cheers

Foggy
    I would think maybe they'd go up a little - that's what seems to happen with discontinued Seiko designs anyway. It would be my luck, of course, having sold mine last year. The changes that I see immediately are the color of the hour and minute hands getting reversed, the bezel pip (nice upgrade, IMO), the change from trit to SL, and the engraving of the name on the side of the case.

Met the new owner / MD last year at Salon QP and had a very interesting chat about past, present and future Squale watches. Most impressive.

I'd spotted the new bezel pip, but not seen the new hands / case. Good stuff.

Squale watches by Noodlefish, on Flickr
    Last edited by Broussard; 5th June 2013 at 07:38.

I would think maybe they'd go up a little - that's what seems to happen with discontinued Seiko designs anyway. It would be my luck, of course, having sold mine last year. The changes that I see immediately are the color of the hour and minute hands getting reversed, the bezel pip (nice upgrade, IMO), the change from trit to SL, and the engraving of the name on the side of the case.

Bezel pip +1
    hands reversed -1
    Engraving +1

I've never seen this inscription on the case or this type of lumepip before.... looks nice!

One of the best looking divers there is, congrats. I have to get one some day.

I love this kind of retro diver - something just 'right' about them. Don't know enough about Squale to comment on bezel pips etc - it just looks ' the dogs' to me :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I love this kind of retro diver - something just 'right' about them. Don't know enough about Squale to comment on bezel pips etc - it just looks ' the dogs' to me :-)
    They fit just right too!

The new bezel pip and the engraving on the case sides are just the new design, nothing sinister!

Craftsman
    Damn! That's another one added to the list, congrats on a great looking watch...I really like it on the mesh too

Great watch, congrats.

Here is a quick snap of my vintage one:

Mark

Master
    I really like that, somebody mentioned the cases are used elsewhere though, I am fairly new to watches but why is this?

Master
    I hate how the logo is on the dial twice and also engraved into the side of the case. If it wasn't for that, I would have one, because I also love the look of it (logo notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I really like that, somebody mentioned the cases are used elsewhere though, I am fairly new to watches but why is this?
    Von Buren supplied cases to a number of watch companies. They are easily identified by the use of the Squale logo on the dial. I don't know if anyone has compiled a list of all the different watch companies that employed the Von Buren cases, but I'm certain I've seen at least a couple of dozen.

Watch is running at +4 seconds a day,the cases back in the 60/70's were used by companies such as Heuer and Blancpain and others,as they were a proven high quality case, lots of companies purchased cases then and lots of smaller watch companies still do.

Master
    I see thanks guys, I obviously have a lot to learn